Tokyo Marui M870 Tactical Gas Tri-shot Shotgun- picture, text and video review

Could putting dab of proper silicone grease over where the tank connects prevent some gas escaping?

Theres been mention of an over pressure valve. Is it similar to the Marushin M500s and can it be filled it?

Looks mighty exciting :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Afternoon guys.   This morning I was very lucky to receive my brand spanking new Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical, from the good folks over at Redwolf UK.   This is a text/ video review for now

Chopped the barrel and added an ATI heat shield- quite happy with the result!          

TM issues a product recall?   In other news, pigs spotted flying over Hampshire, Peter Mandelson is a force for good, David Cameron gets on his bike, Nick Clegg tells the truth and the Ministry of D

Posted Images

Makes me wish I had jumped on that preorder when I had the chance. Ill have to get one when the next batch are shipped.

So its running fine with green gas? Thats something thats important because at least over here in the US, actual 134A in a useable form is kind of hard to come by if you dont feel like making a fill line to use Air conditioner recharge kits. The 134A computer dusters disappeared from the shelves a long time ago.

So Its much easier for all involved if the thing just runs on Green gas without an issue.

Flipped through the manual. Marui advises operation at over 40C or 104F. Im guessing thats with 134a. At that temp, 134a has a psi rating of about 133. At 70-80F, propane is at 120-140+ psi. Cant look up the exact values right now. But just a heads up. Wouldnt want to blow up your new toy.

Oh yeah. Got the other half of my shotty today. Heading to airsoft extreme and putting it together/chronoing there with 134a in the tank.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Posted Image

Posted Image

The tank does cool down quickly.

Didnt do any thorough chrono readings. Velocity between 3 and 6 shots were in the same range...no significant drop/increase in velocity from switching shot modes. Fps drop most likely attributed to cool down.

Anyway, I hope the realease the necessary parts to do any of the guns below. The first two shouldnt be a problem. I plan on getting that shell tube simply by cutting the parts off of a broken tri-shot.

tac870.gif

For this you don't need an extension, but to chop the barrel down and re-attach the post ;)

IIRC the inner barrels are not long so this should be easy enough, without any accuracy loss... and I have to say, very tempting :D

I'll wait on conversion kits for this. I'd rather not chop the outer barrel.

The front sight is attached in a unique way. There's 2 holes that center the front sight...and extra material towards the front of the outer barrel for the screw to thread into.

What does suck however is the screw they used to mount the front sight...it's not threaded all the way so only 2/3 of the tiny screw threads into the outer barrel. I replaced mine with a screw that has full threads.

mine arrived today from WGCs hop.

but my gun does not work it does not shoot like it should be.

the first shell i shot with the gun whas good but all the ohter not.

de bbs just roll out of the barrels  and de charging pump keeps jamming .

if i pull the shell out of the when it jammed and i try to pump again it shoots.

But if i put the shell back in , jammes again ?

i tyd the original tm shells and some cheap chinese one and different brand of bbs to.

You should contact wgc and see what they can do to help. Maybe its the bbs you are using...or maybe you have a damaged nozzle. Have you tried cleaning your barrel?

ive had ics .20g bbs jam in a tm shell. I had to tap the shell on the table once to get the rest of the bbs out.

bioval, systema, and tm bbs fed flawlessly.

ive ran those bbs in tm shells and acm shells...870 shot as it should.

it sounds like there is something wrong with the hop ups. usually those issues crop up with something as simple as a warped hop up bucking in the chinese tri shots. same thing happens with a damaged tri nozzle too, but it doesn't necessarily mean that. i have read (in *suitcase* translated japanese) that the hop up buckings in these new M870s sit a little loosely, causing him to recommend gluing them in or replacing them with a flat hop mod. so i wouldn't be surprised if you were to have gotten a lemon.

if it was me. i would probably break a door like a crazy UFC reality show contestant, then take the gun apart and make sure what the problem is. then order new parts as needed, asking WGC if they would be able to send them for free.

Edited by Horsem4n

You really have to find the propellant and bb weight/brand that works best as the gun has fixed hop. Not all .25g bbs are exactly .25000000g. Not all bbs are 6.000000mm. The bb diameter and weight will determine how far the 870 shoots given your choice of propellant.