Tokyo Marui M870 Tactical Gas Tri-shot Shotgun- picture, text and video review

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Afternoon guys.   This morning I was very lucky to receive my brand spanking new Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical, from the good folks over at Redwolf UK.   This is a text/ video review for now

Chopped the barrel and added an ATI heat shield- quite happy with the result!          

TM issues a product recall?   In other news, pigs spotted flying over Hampshire, Peter Mandelson is a force for good, David Cameron gets on his bike, Nick Clegg tells the truth and the Ministry of D

Posted Images

Yeah I agree, I like the long barrel look (even though playing it in a CQB site proved to be a bit too long and awkward as it is), especially with a mag extension, things I see in movies / tv a lot but airsoft never replicated, so I'm happy I can work towards it, basically having mine threaded so that I can put on the Express tactical choke on it which I recently bought :P 

Yeah I agree, I like the long barrel look (even though playing it in a CQB site proved to be a bit too long and awkward as it is), especially with a mag extension, things I see in movies / tv a lot but airsoft never replicated, so I'm happy I can work towards it, basically having mine threaded so that I can put on the Express tactical choke on it which I recently bought :P

Can you give me some more information about your Mag extension? are you extending the actual magazine/shell/thing or the Magazine Tube under the barrel? I really want to make/find an extension for the mag tube for mine!

Target:

870-Express-Tactical.jpg

As a continuation of my 870 modding, just sent off all the files for the shell holder to be made in 7075, tasty! My Meprolight tritium sights arrived from Israel, sadly nothing fits, front sight is far too small, so I will have to machine a sight base that takes real steel sight, which is fine, but I don't know what the fruitcage is going on with the rear sight, anyhow, and here's the barrel / choke mod. 

Real steel Remington express tactical choke, modded to fit. 

20130920-223040.jpg

20130920-223218.jpg

Now I just have to wait for my 2 round extension to arrive.. back order from Midway :(

Edited by blobface
  • Like 2

Used mine extensively today.  Have to say, I love it.  Only fired it in 3 shot mode though.  I tried the 6 shot mode and it is definitely doing the 5 round thing unless you rack it really slow.  3 shot mode works great.  The gun shoots straight and hard on 134a. I was able to get 5 shells out of one gas charge.  Now, has anyone tried installing any RS parts yet?  Like a Magpul MOE forend or a surefire LED?  I know a shell magazine extension won't fit so I will have to try to manufacture one and mod it for a tactical choke as well. 

Ok, this is rather important.

Anyone who is using green gas, have you notice your gas tank warping and widening on its own towards the rear where the pins seat? seams like mine is getting ready to explode soon.

also, noticed mine over hops with .25 50% of the time.

Edited by BerserkDS
  • Like 2

Anyone who is using green gas, have you notice your gas tank warping and widening on its own towards the rear where the pins seat?

Uh, that doesn't sound good. Get some calipers out and measure the increase? I'd be very surprised if that was possible (or at least, if it was due to propane rather than tetrafluoroethane) unless you left the tanks somewhere very hot?

• Like 2

Ok, this is rather important.

Anyone who is using green gas, have you notice your gas tank warping and widening on its own towards the rear where the pins seat? seams like mine is getting ready to explode soon.

also, noticed mine over hops with .25 50% of the time.

Nope. been running mine on green gas for three days now, left one semi-full last night. No problem so far. Mind you the temp. here is around 27-29C so i haven't been filling them to the max.

• Like 1

I noticed it was harder to get it out when using propane. Interesting.

Has anyone had problems filling up the tank? I've tried three different kinds of adapters/bottles and there's more gas going out than in, and that's causing bad fills (20-30 shot fills).