Tokyo Marui M870 Tactical Gas Tri-shot Shotgun- picture, text and video review

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Afternoon guys.   This morning I was very lucky to receive my brand spanking new Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical, from the good folks over at Redwolf UK.   This is a text/ video review for now

Chopped the barrel and added an ATI heat shield- quite happy with the result!          

TM issues a product recall?   In other news, pigs spotted flying over Hampshire, Peter Mandelson is a force for good, David Cameron gets on his bike, Nick Clegg tells the truth and the Ministry of D

Posted Images

Now the question isn't that it will go at 40C, my question is that a conservative figure for hfc34-something? 

Under green gas, we might be looking at a number lower than that, maybe in the 35-38C region? 

Propane at 25ºC will reach the same pressure as 134A at 37ºC IIRC.

Edited by Wingmann
  • Like 1

Just an update from last Saturday skirmish with the m870 in ambient temperature of 28 degrees Celsius with green gas (WE brand).

I have to say I was very disappointed, the gas mags were kept out of direct sunlight and were an average surface temp. Of 23~24c, first game the green gas filled the tanks for about 5 seconds before venting. With this amount . Got about 10 shots off, by the 3rd time I had to refill, the gas vented immediately from the inlet a sign that the valve has closed. After this . Could only get 3 or maybe 5 shots off.

Seems like the gas immediately expanded inside and closed the valve. Rest of my games was using my pistol as i couldn't count on the reliability of my m870.

My conclusion is that in colder weather,below 20c, green gas might be viable, but in a hotter climate (above 20c) we really have to use the weaker gas. It's just unplayable just to have a few shots.

Shame I forgot to bring my hfc134, a sad oversight.

I remember that there was a forum member on here whose signature states " ask me about my shotgun fetish " , and he had loads of awesome custom work done on the shell ejecting shotties by maruzen and marushin. My guess is that he is following this thread , and so mystery shotgun lover , do you have any plans to convert the TM M870 to HPA like you did with your custom spas 12 etc ? as a air hose through the grip would be more ideal than a stock tube gas tank!

If anyone can remember this guys forum name it would be appreciated....he had some epic youtube test vids :)

Skirmished on Sunday with the 870, or should I say, I brought it along with me and that's about it, for some reason just as pointed out by onizuka-gto, it's no longer holding charge, it used to be fine on green even on a hotter day, but yesterday was around 14c, no luck, both tanks were venting few seconds in, got about 10 shots and then it was empty. 

Just an update from last Saturday skirmish with the m870 in ambient temperature of 28 degrees Celsius with green gas (WE brand).

I have to say I was very disappointed, the gas mags were kept out of direct sunlight and were an average surface temp. Of 23~24c, first game the green gas filled the tanks for about 5 seconds before venting. With this amount . Got about 10 shots off, by the 3rd time I had to refill, the gas vented immediately from the inlet a sign that the valve has closed. After this . Could only get 3 or maybe 5 shots off.

Seems like the gas immediately expanded inside and closed the valve. Rest of my games was using my pistol as i couldn't count on the reliability of my m870.

My conclusion is that in colder weather,below 20c, green gas might be viable, but in a hotter climate (above 20c) we really have to use the weaker gas. It's just unplayable just to have a few shots.

Shame I forgot to bring my hfc134, a sad oversight.

That's not how the fill-valves work. If you place a tiny rubber O-ring from a lighter or We-tech mag's fill-valve, the gas won't fountain out from the valve while filling. You should know that it can take 30 seconds or so to fully fill the gas-magazine, especially if the gas can isn't totally full.

That's not how the fill-valves work. If you place a tiny rubber O-ring from a lighter or We-tech mag's fill-valve, the gas won't fountain out from the valve while filling. You should know that it can take 30 seconds or so to fully fill the gas-magazine, especially if the gas can isn't totally full.

I profess i have never dismantled any fill-valve and can only conclude from the observation i have seen so far. 

If however that method you describe is possible, i'll give it a go. 

Unfortunately, i didn't know that it'll take 30 seconds to fill the m870 gas magazine, i'm curious where did you hear this from? 

The m870 manual states no time and only list that when the gas fountains from the fill-valve, is a sign that the magazine is empty.

On other gas magazines, i've learnt to fill up a little, wait until the gas has settled then fill up again. 

However this only applies to my old glock and 1911 magazines, (which i really should replace to be honest.)

I didn't think i would have to do this with a brand new gas magazine....

On another note, i've just tested my m870 gas magazine with HFC134a "duster" gas and its performing well, seems like the magazines fine and i get no fountaining of at leased 20 seconds of filling. 

I've managed to fire a least 6 shells worth on 3 round burst mode, before i ran out of time and had to put my toys away. The magazine still had a fair bit of gas when i vented it deliberately.

So i guess i'll just still to the default gas for now, until the mods put up....or i'll dismantle my maruzen m1100 R2 just for the green gas compatible pistol grip gas-tank... lol.

Unfortunately, i didn't know that it'll take 30 seconds to fill the m870 gas magazine, i'm curious where did you hear this from? 

The m870 manual states no time and only list that when the gas fountains from the fill-valve, is a sign that the magazine is empty.

Personal experience. I have a Marui M870 and two gas magazines :)

Any idea where these are getting stocked? I fancy a couple of the Laylax body pins too.

I'm afraid I haven't the foggiest, I'm no longer "in the industry". I presume they'll be available from all retailers that currently stock Prometheus/Nineball/Laylax parts. Bet on echigoya getting them first, followed by Redwolf, WGCshop, eHobbyAsia and TokyoModelCompany.

In the UK they're likely to be stocked by Firesupport, and Pro Airsoft Supplies might be able to order them if you ask them enough times.

The magazine tube extension makes the M870 look immediately better! Can't wait for these to come back into stock now!

Firesupport got stock in yesterday, but they sold out in a matter of hours - these things are selling like hotcakes!  Airsoftworld.net have stock due in at the end of November I believe.

And just to be a *rickroll*, a pic of mine in action:

zfNPe1pl.jpg

Edited by Spam
  • Like 3