Tokyo Marui M870 Tactical Gas Tri-shot Shotgun- picture, text and video review

Does anyone else have a problem with the stock butt pad falling off in games btw or is it just me?  I'm putting it down to me shouldering it too tightly and the sides getting pinched which unclips it.  Any thoughts on how to fix if so aside from slapping a strip of tape over it?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Afternoon guys.   This morning I was very lucky to receive my brand spanking new Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical, from the good folks over at Redwolf UK.   This is a text/ video review for now

Chopped the barrel and added an ATI heat shield- quite happy with the result!          

TM issues a product recall?   In other news, pigs spotted flying over Hampshire, Peter Mandelson is a force for good, David Cameron gets on his bike, Nick Clegg tells the truth and the Ministry of D

Posted Images

Tokyo Model Company has the body pins, tube extension, sling mount, and rail attachment all in stock. I haven't checked other retailers yet though. TMC seems to get things pretty quickly or at least posts them online faster than anybody, but it should only be a matter of days before other shops list them on their websites

Fantastic! Best news to hear on pay day!

I'll go drop by TMC retail shop after work. Thanks mate! :D

Fantastic! Best news to hear on pay day!

I'll go drop by TMC retail shop after work. Thanks mate! :D

Right thats it - The sheer convenience of this means i am moving to HK at once.

Also , didnt realsie that there was already an aftermarket TBB for this gun. A delicious steel offering from Laylax/Prometheus...

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/laylaxfirst-inner-barrel-for-marui-m870-tactical

Of course at £35:00 for one , outfitting the whole gun will be an expensive venture. However, If you only had one barrel install it would be easy to see the performance gain/loss !

• Like 1

Does anyone else have a problem with the stock butt pad falling off in games btw or is it just me?  I'm putting it down to me shouldering it too tightly and the sides getting pinched which unclips it.  Any thoughts on how to fix if so aside from slapping a strip of tape over it?

Try getting a Pantac rifle/shotgun cheek pad. It has a strap that goes over the butt pad and should prevent it from falling off. 

Does anyone else have a problem with the stock butt pad falling off in games btw or is it just me? I'm putting it down to me shouldering it too tightly and the sides getting pinched which unclips it. Any thoughts on how to fix if so aside from slapping a strip of tape over it?

It happened to me first time I played with it. I was like.... Wtf?! I have it on youtube too...lol

I have yet to ask my gear-maker buddy at HeadOn Tactical to cook something up for me to address this issue. It should be simple

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I have had the issue of the butt pad falling off.  So I added a shell holder with a strap over the stock butt pad.  I also installed a RS rail, flip up sites, a laylax extended shell tube, a G&P Brake (took lots of work to fit) and an eotech clone.

shotgun_zps333dd46d.jpg

1422501_10151941938947348_232486247_n_zp

1378500_10151941938792348_34610114_n_zps

Edited by badsailor
  • Like 1

It's an AIM Sports MTQ full length tactical rail for a Remington 870, fitting it was very easy.  The rail doesn't come with any directions, but was a perfect fit, no modifications were required.  Just pop out the two trigger pins, remove the front sight and install a barrel clamp. You will need a shell extension tube in order to clamp it on.  The rail also came with a shell saddle, but it's for real shells.  I really want a shell saddle too, but haven't been able to find one yet.

I tried to, but impossible to do so. If you make a new hole, you'll have to use a longer screw. The original screw hole for the front sight has matterial above the barrel to prevent this. And that screw will obstruct the flight path of the top bb. So, I used 3m double sided tape (very very) strong and holds it very stable with very little wobble.

• Like 1

DSC_0171.JPG

Got the front mount and the dytac extension tube.

For everyone wondering why the laylax version is so effying expensive (HKD$360~) compared to the dytac (HKD$138~) its all down to the material.

Laylax is made from thicker milled metal, while the dytac is from rolled metal.

Personally i don't intended to use my m870 in any outdoor games so the dytac was fine for me.

But if you intended to throw your shotty about and use it on skirmishes outdoors, perhaps the laylax version is better.

• Like 2

Are you leaving the materual protruding out of the outer barrel so you have the option of running the stock front sight on it?Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

haven't decided if I will leave the little nub on the barrel. if I get rid of it I figure I could tap into the breach to re-attach the front sight.

What was the grip like to fit? Need any modifications, or just drop in?

the fore end requires a fair amount of work but wasn't too hard. about 3 hours of my time with manual tools mainly.

the inner diameter of the fore end is too small so you'll have bore out the inside. I found a half round file that worked out being the exact diameter I needed so it was a matter of removing material and test fitting it.

next you need to remove material to get the part deeper into the fore end. I used a hack saw and files to cut that part out.

at the bottom there's a lip that you'll need to deepen to get the Marui part deep enough to get the retaining nut on.

these two photos were taken before and when the part was almost done, just before I removed material with a dremel to deepen the lip.

once you get the parts off and you have the MOE grip in hand you'll see what I mean.

post-88867-0-75517400-1384113009_thumb.jpg

post-88867-0-27167100-1384113083_thumb.jpg

Looks like a bunch of the G&P accessories that were in the pipeline are out now too: http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/shop/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=marui+m870&x=-1417&y=-161

there's also a new tactical rail and side shell carrier to come:

msp001.jpg

http://www.gp-web.com/en/products.php?cid=GP_ACC&did=GPWEB&bid=DEFAULT

Edited by Spam
  • Like 2