Tokyo Marui M870 Tactical Gas Tri-shot Shotgun- picture, text and video review

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Afternoon guys.   This morning I was very lucky to receive my brand spanking new Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical, from the good folks over at Redwolf UK.   This is a text/ video review for now

Chopped the barrel and added an ATI heat shield- quite happy with the result!          

TM issues a product recall?   In other news, pigs spotted flying over Hampshire, Peter Mandelson is a force for good, David Cameron gets on his bike, Nick Clegg tells the truth and the Ministry of D

Posted Images

there's also a new tactical rail and side shell carrier to come:

msp001.jpg

Jesus, I was literally just looking at the real thing and thinking, hmm, that would be cool! It's a rip-off of Mesa Tactical's SureShell Carrier and Saddle Rail for the Remington Model 870 - the 5" 6-shell 20-gauge, to be precise. I like it! I also like the 20" version - fingers crossed G&P do this one too...

Tdkrp0R.jpg

Did you have to modify it? I only ask as I just saw they have TM compatible torch pumps in the works! Delish!

http://www.gp-web.com/en/productspop.php?pid=3413

Want mine to look (almost like yours) - 

msp005_4.jpg

Yup, the current G&P ones require a lot of modding to fit the TM, they're designed for a 25mm tube, and the TM uses a 29mm so there is a lot of material to remove, plus you need to be very careful of the wiring (I wasn't and ended up having to completely re-solder it all with a fresh wiring loom on one of the pressure switches).  Been using a combination of Bench press with 29mm holesaw, dremel with HSS millling cutters and a good old heavy duty round file to get it all to size.

I'd recommend waiting till the new ones are released. I actually bought the handguard about 2 months ago, just before I got the shotgun, and have been working on it off and on since then to get it to fit.  I saw that the new ones were due to be released soon and that's what inspired me to finish it off.

I'd recommend waiting till the new ones are released. I actually bought the handguard about 2 months ago, just before I got the shotgun, and have been working on it off and on since then to get it to fit.  I saw that the new ones were due to be released soon and that's what inspired me to finish it off.

Will do and thanks for the effort! It does look the part. :)  How have you found the operation and brightness of the torch? (I assume they'll use the same LED unit for the TM specific pump.)

Did you have to modify it? I only ask as I just saw they have TM compatible torch pumps in the works! Delish!

http://www.gp-web.com/en/productspop.php?pid=3413

Want mine to look (almost like yours) - 

msp005_4.jpg

Awwwwwwwwe Yeah!

Am I blind or was there no release date info? I've got months till I can use my shotty again, but I'm gettting antsy in the pantsy for this handle. 

The one thing that I find slightly annoying about the Mauri M870 is you can't have it stockless or really that cut down.

It was a touch long and sometimes hard to handle in the Xsite Outpost killhouse, but that might just be down to my experience handling shotguns (especially without a familiar pistol grip). That said, I learnt to love it for its performance and the gun itself got many compliments on the day. Considering it's just a black shotgun, that was very surprising! 

On the box for the 870 it says 001 in series or something. Here's hoping there are many more variants to come. 

I bet you could have it stockless if you ran an extended cable into your rig hpa style.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

That seems far too difficult for what you'd get.. it would also kind defeat the portability of having it stockless. Also snagging the cable would be a nightmare

Will do and thanks for the effort! It does look the part. :)  How have you found the operation and brightness of the torch? (I assume they'll use the same LED unit for the TM specific pump.)

The Torch is pretty good, it's a nice bright cree LED unit, running off 2xcr123 batteries and it's removeable with a spare tailcap so you can use it as a standalone torch too. The mount is the same threading as most cr123 torches like the cheap Ultrafire ones - that is actually an ultrafire torch fitted and working in that picture there as I've been using the G&P one in games and it's sitting in the bottom of my kitbag at the moment.

*edit* Just noticed that the new one for the TM will be a rechargeable 18650 battery, so dunno how it will compare, but it probably wont be interchangeable with cr123 torches

Edited by Spam