Tokyo Marui M870 Tactical Gas Tri-shot Shotgun- picture, text and video review

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Afternoon guys.   This morning I was very lucky to receive my brand spanking new Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical, from the good folks over at Redwolf UK.   This is a text/ video review for now

Chopped the barrel and added an ATI heat shield- quite happy with the result!          

TM issues a product recall?   In other news, pigs spotted flying over Hampshire, Peter Mandelson is a force for good, David Cameron gets on his bike, Nick Clegg tells the truth and the Ministry of D

Posted Images

thanks Spam & phresh! Confirming what i feared about those body springs. one of those  just escaped me. But luckily i guess i can do without the fake ejection cover springing back all the time. 

Also the bit about the front end is a relief, just saw a vid from a bloke called Maple Leaf and he said it was mistake to unscrew that front-barrel ring off, glad to hear i have to take it off anyway.

thanks Spam & phresh! Confirming what i feared about those body springs. one of those  just escaped me. But luckily i guess i can do without the fake ejection cover springing back all the time. 

Also the bit about the front end is a relief, just saw a vid from a bloke called Maple Leaf and he said it was mistake to unscrew that front-barrel ring off, glad to hear i have to take it off anyway.

That spring that's gone missing, I believe is pretty close to a nozzle return spring for a TM glock or hi-capa.  If you can't find one of those you can use a spring from a BIC lighter.  We budget airsofters use the spring that pushes the flint up as an upgraded nozzle return spring in the TM hi-capa, you just gotta cut it down a bit.  It will probably work for replacing that spring you've lost.

Edited by p.phresh
  • Like 1

thanks phresh! actually found a spare lighter, but typically it was a flintless ignition type, i did try the button spring in it though, but it was too fat and short. will have to see if i can find any of those old type lighters here.

But anyway, here is my m870 with the m870 G&P Forearm A type!

2013-11-23.jpg

2013-11-23.jpg

As you can see, it makes my m870 look HIDEOUSLY ugly and mean.

I love it.  :wub:

Once again, thanks Spam and Phresh for getting me out of the low point. That tip with the marker down the barrel to get the front barrel ring on, is simply genius. worked bang on, twice in a row. 

I took lots of images for a guide, but i think the written ones above by those two champs are good enough, however anyone needs any images of the breakdown at any of the stages, just shout and i'll post them up here for you lads if i have em.

Edited by onizuka-gto
  • Like 2

Discovered a nice side effect of having the G&P fore-end fitted today!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djWUCWjPaIo

Now to buy another and duel-wield them!

God the jealousy. I remember doing that with a market stall springer for a while - then the barrel fell off :( I want an m870 to fill the trauma.

What brands of 134a are out there other than TM?

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/sa-airsoft-134a-gas-500ml.html

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/shop/thunder-shoot-134a-gassea-mail-only-p-2312.html?cPath=1_65

There is another one, which comes in a black can, it has HFC134a in red letters, i got it on Dundas Street, mongkok, its the shop inside the shopping centre next to the Welcome supermarket.

Would post a picture for you, but at work still, but it was about $60-65 i think, can't remember, been using it for the past two games and its fine.

Edited by onizuka-gto

no problem john.

Discovered a nice side effect of having the G&P fore-end fitted today!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djWUCWjPaIo

Now to buy another and duel-wield them!

also, when i was fitting on a vertical grip, i remembered what spam did....

I can do it too!  :D  These G&P metal foregrip is just right weight. gonna do this at my next cqp game! heh. 

Anyway, here is my shotty, with vertical grip.  :wub:

DSC_0146.JPG

• Like 1

haha. well wingman, I always wear a lower mask (ever since i got a mouth and nose full of bbs) so i can't use the iron sights anyway, its too low.
so in my opinion, if you wear a full face mask or are planning on putting some sort of sight, then i say just saw it.
You aren't going to miss it and when the after-market full RAS rails comes out, you can add that on and put back your own iron sights if thats your piece of cake.  

Edited by onizuka-gto

Hmmm.. I just find it uncomfortable. This is probably my fourth masked I've tried.

Others were comfortable, as they were soft toys, but in summer and autumn they just fog up any eye protection I wear. Hard masks are difficult, to put my cheek against any of my rifles including the m870.

But hell, going though my 5th lower mask, I'm still looking for a good fit, what's this iron mask?

Do you have a picture? I'll see if I can find one here in Hong Kong.