Tokyo Marui M870 Tactical Gas Tri-shot Shotgun- picture, text and video review

Hmmm.. I just find it uncomfortable. This is probably my fourth masked I've tried.

Others were comfortable, as they were soft toys, but in summer and autumn they just fog up any eye protection I wear. Hard masks are difficult, to put my cheek against any of my rifles including the m870.

But hell, going though my 5th lower mask, I'm still looking for a good fit, what's this iron mask?

Do you have a picture? I'll see if I can find one here in Hong Kong.

This is the iron Face: http://www.evike.com/product_info.php?products_id=32187

Its not iron at all. Its a flexible plastic/rubber. And yes, they too can cause your goggles to fog. To avoid that, simply do what all of us ex-paintballers used to do back in the day. Dish soap.

Just get some Dawn or palmolive or any similar liquid dishsoap available in your country, and, without diluting it at all, simply put a small amount on the inside of your goggle lenses, and spread it around with your finger. Then wipe and buff it out till there are no streaks with a paper towel.. Breath on it to make sure you didnt miss any spots. Your goggles will be fog free for a few weeks afterward, or until they get wet and the soap washes off.

Edit: The iron face is by no means the best mask out there, But it does allow you to use your iron sights with no issues at all. And they're so cheap they're practically disposable.

Edited by Brigg
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Afternoon guys.   This morning I was very lucky to receive my brand spanking new Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical, from the good folks over at Redwolf UK.   This is a text/ video review for now

Chopped the barrel and added an ATI heat shield- quite happy with the result!          

TM issues a product recall?   In other news, pigs spotted flying over Hampshire, Peter Mandelson is a force for good, David Cameron gets on his bike, Nick Clegg tells the truth and the Ministry of D

Posted Images

You could do that, but you have to do some tricky disassembly.

And let's be frank, unless you are thinking of getting some longer inner barrels, that extra length is useless.

I'm used to pistol grip shotty, the short length is essential for CQB.

The long length of the current m870 is tricky, since the CQB u HK are exactly that. Fricking CLOSE.

Actually had one game where I went one the corner, and a bloke pushed my barrel aside, we Were that close, if it was a loyal grip, or just a shorter barrel, I'm pretty sure I could of bingo/shot him faster.

So that's my take of things.

Oh, there is always another alternative, just buy a magazine tube extension!

Then it looks kinda okay and no cutting required.

Also its cheaper then barrel! :P

I have three main problems with the current configuration:

1.- I like paired barrels, so it's either a shorter barrel or a longer magazine.

2.- I don't like empty outer barrels. They have no purpose except for looks, and the look in this case (point 1) is wrong.

3.- If it's going to shoot the same I'd rather have a shorter and lighter shotgun.

We don't do much CQB here, but we have some dense forest areas in our huge field, so the shorter, the better.

If only that shorter barrel had a sight... It would be flying here already :)

Hello everyone.

Read through the whole thread here, and a couple other places.  I am having an issue with mine that I have yet to find an answer to.

When a charged gas reservoir is installed, it will slowly leak gas out of the barrel.  I have checked the oring and the compression from the rear of the gun (where the gas enters the body) and it is rock solid.  Any advice on where to look next?

Thanks

I thought about that but it's at least $100 for a good one and then you still have to mod it to fit the TM shells since they're off spec. There was a whole rack of the Mesa Tactical stuff in the shop that I got the cards at.

Pray that Blobface makes as few of his to sell I guess.

Probably worth holding out for the G&P copy of the Mesa Tactical one, but I have no patience so went down the same route as blobface and got one 3D printed:

JsZFu44.jpg

Need to countersink the screw holes on the mounting plate and get some self tappers to mount the holder to the plate.  Got the Laylax screw body pins on the way.  I got mine printed in Black matte and the thing is solid, but the shell holes are a bit tight at moment so needs a wee bit of work before I'm finished, will probably revise the model at some point, but just taking some sandpaper to mine just now.

Stuck my model up on shapeways if anyone else wants to try it out: http://www.shapeways.com/model/1473872/shell-holder.html?li=user-profile&materialId=25, though it is very much a work in progress.

They do but the US Commerce dept makes it a living hell for them if they transgress so almost all default to zero international sales.

You can luck on eBay for one that ships out of the US or is already in Europe. You can call the folks that make them and see if there's a location in Europe that stocks them.

Or you can go with a DIY like the PVC pipe ones or the linked 3D one.

• 2 weeks later...

On the gas tank front, mine has officially failed. It didn't go bang which is always nice but it is leaking from the lower rear left hand side. Not a little leak either. The sides had swelled as has been mentioned by many others. Gas in use was Abby Predator Ultra which is what I use in pretty much everything. New tank and 144a from now on me thinks.

• 2 weeks later...

i got it from WGC shop. but it took them more then a month to get te part.

WGC takes forever...because they are located out in the sticks up near the P'Republic China Border! (well, only 40mins drive, but thats far by HK standard). 

Well, that's my theory, all the other shops are near urban area, especially Ehobbyasia and Redwolfairsoft which is right next to the main courier/post station which will take the goods straight to the airport in under 20mins. (sometimes via the express airport railway).

Anyway, the point is that ordering from everyone besides WGC you probably get faster goods.

Only time i ever shop at WGC is when im playing on their site and i break something and i'm desperate! :P