Tokyo Marui M870 Tactical Gas Tri-shot Shotgun- picture, text and video review

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Afternoon guys.   This morning I was very lucky to receive my brand spanking new Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical, from the good folks over at Redwolf UK.   This is a text/ video review for now

Chopped the barrel and added an ATI heat shield- quite happy with the result!          

TM issues a product recall?   In other news, pigs spotted flying over Hampshire, Peter Mandelson is a force for good, David Cameron gets on his bike, Nick Clegg tells the truth and the Ministry of D

Posted Images

I tried with my ASG clone shells again - the Marui shell as expected was perfect 100% of the time. Some ASG shells also operated perfectly. For those that did not, re-inserting the shell and spinning it a little seemed to make something "click" (I'm hoping this was the loading gate opening fully) and the shell worked perfectly.

Unfortunately, during the test (8 shells + 1 Marui) one of the ASG shells suffered a stuck follower. 

Faith restored in ASG shells - not perfect, but at a 1/3 of the price of the Marui shells they'll do for now...

I tried with my ASG clone shells again - the Marui shell as expected was perfect 100% of the time. Some ASG shells also operated perfectly. For those that did not, re-inserting the shell and spinning it a little seemed to make something "click" (I'm hoping this was the loading gate opening fully) and the shell worked perfectly.

Unfortunately, during the test (8 shells + 1 Marui) one of the ASG shells suffered a stuck follower. 

Faith restored in ASG shells - not perfect, but at a 1/3 of the price of the Marui shells they'll do for now...

The shells need to be lubed.  i'm using the same ACM clone shells as well, and from time to time they do jam but this can be remedied by putting a drop of lube into them and then using a loading rod or skewer to work the lube down.  Don't use an unjamming rod or you risk breaking the tip off in the shell and it is incredibly difficult to remove the broken bit afterwards.

Also, don't leave the shells loaded when you're not using them.

I had about 10 of the asg shells which feed ok in my tm spring shotgun but in the m870 they just wouldn`t feed right at all Most of them would only fire once then stop feeding if you push the shell back into place after each shot you hear a little click and it would feed for another one shot.  I decided to just buy some tm shells and they feed perfectly everytime with the added advantage I can also now use guarder 0.28 bbs which my asg shells just couldn`t handle.  Sure the tm shells are expensive but at least you know they will work.

WildeCard, I find if you insert the ACM shells with the 'gate' at the top they work every time, if it's off to the side or by the bottom they're hit and miss. 

Thanks. I think that's basically what the spinning does come to think of it, but if I think if I just use your tip then I can forgo the fiddling around after. Cheers!

EDIT: Just tested this, and it works, if you don't hear or feel the click when you insert the shell, spin it slightly and it does the trick - works 100% of the time!

EDIT 2: OK, I found an even easier, fail safe way to do this - when you load your shell, simply push it up into the chamber firmly and it'll click again - this works regardless of the orientation of the loading gate and won't require you to spin the shell or check the orientation of the gate when under fire! Woo! Can't wait to skirmish the 870 again!

Edited by FTZ-WildeCard

feeding issue may be attributed to bb spec.

For example, my kwa m11 mags won't feed the airsoftoutletnw tracer rounds I use in my kwa Kriss. Those tracer rounds feed well in my marui mp7 and kwa lm4. They also feed we'll in my tm g17 gbb. With tm recoil shock mags...they jam up.

Elite force tracer rounds feed well in everything I throw it into...same with bioval .25g bbs, marui .20g, kwa .25g, bioval .30g bbs.

AEX .25g bbs feed well in my GHK G5 but seize up in GHK AK mags.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just received my G&P shell carrier, but am having trouble getting the extended pins to go through the trigger block holes. Is there any particular trick to doing this or should I just reach for the rubber mallet? 

Thanks!

EDIT: In the end to save pieces going missing, I bolted up the carrier with a slight offset to the body and it seems to be holding OK. The trigger block is still a bit wobbly, but I assume that's because I haven't completed the install 100% correctly as yet, so still after some advice and guidance! :)

Additionally, is there any way to adjust the retention on the shell carrier itself? It's extremely tight and it feels like I'm crushing the shells putting them in and it's very slow to remove them for reloads too!

Edited by FTZ-WildeCard

Oh, that frigging trigger block, I remembered i had to take it out 3 or 4 times, until I got it right. The trick is that if it's loose and Easy to fit in, then it's wrong.

I can't remember if it's when you cocked it or not, but the hammer on the trigger block must be under tension when you put it in. So when you put the trigger block pin on, you will have to hold it in a little tightly to align the holes and gently plastic/rubber Mallet it in. It's difficult If you only using your two hands doing this two things, if you have a bench press it might make your life easier.

Anyway, good luck wildcard.

Edited by onizuka-gto
  • Like 1

Thank you Onizuka-sensei! (Loved GTO!)

I did a part disassemble as per the video above and had a look, it's just an issue of aligning the reciever and the inner workings as you have mentioned. I'll fiddle around with it half cocked etc and hopefully I'll be able to sort it.

Thank you again for your input! 

EDIT: New problem now - in between fitting and removing the trigger block the gun has been put in "cocked" mode -- that is the slide no longer pumps back. I've tried to use the trigger block to release it, but it isn't working. Any idea which lever or switch it is to release the action? Thanks again.

EDIT 2: ARGH. Stupidly when reassembling just to pack up for now - the spring for the ejection port flew off (it almost already happened before, and I KNEW to hold it down but forgot).. Damn, now begins the search for the spring. Think I'm going to cry!  :D

Edited by FTZ-WildeCard