Tokyo Marui M870 Tactical Gas Tri-shot Shotgun- picture, text and video review

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Afternoon guys.   This morning I was very lucky to receive my brand spanking new Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical, from the good folks over at Redwolf UK.   This is a text/ video review for now

Chopped the barrel and added an ATI heat shield- quite happy with the result!          

TM issues a product recall?   In other news, pigs spotted flying over Hampshire, Peter Mandelson is a force for good, David Cameron gets on his bike, Nick Clegg tells the truth and the Ministry of D

Posted Images

Picked one of these up last weekend, and finally got out to use it yesterday evening. To say I was impressed does not even come close to describe the feeling using this gun.

On a single fill the tank lasted all day, and I was using TM + clone shells; no misfeeds or anything unusual. Reloading I found to be a little slow (same as the tri-shots), but the shooting of it was more than enough to make up for it.

I started out on six shot, but reverted to 3 as I was having to change shells a little too often. The noise was intimidating enough for people not to come down the corridor, and peoples reactions were priceless upon getting hit by it - insanely fun!

• Like 1

yeah, that second one highlights the trouble spots i've noticed during reassembly. i have footage for a better lit dissasembly video, but i'm too lazy.

Post it! I found the current one a little too poorly lit to make out the small parts. Either way both are very useful. I'm going to have another crack at it this evening see if I have any more luck! Thanks for all the help so far gentlemen! 

Now i feel bad for not really remembering how to do it properly and yet gave you advice. I'm sorry.

So i took apart my m870 and had a look and here is what i did to get the foregrip to slide forward again.

Now to get your trigger block into the correct location, you have to make sure that no.1 catches on no.2, remember this, because when you get it correct in, this will stop your trigger block from falling out.

The mechanism that is preventing you to push your foregrip forward is located on the left arm, no.3.

Now you can use a small flat screw driver to flip it down, but the easiest method i found is simply lifting the right arm up then push your foregrip, if it doesn't budge, go to the no.04 left arm and lift it up. Just be aware you will have to lift this arm again when you cock it again as this will preent you from doing so. 

Now that you you have done it, you have to now cock your shotty again, but this time you must cock it all the way back until it clicks, hold it and now fit in your trigger block. now push the foregrip forward to complete the action.

Now just give it a go and fire the trigger. Sometimes if you don't hold the trigger block tight enough, the trigger will fire itself, thats fine, just cycle again just to make sure you can do it again.

Once you know whats going on, just reassemble the rest of it, just to be though i'll just walk you though how i did it.

i first fitted the receiver body over the internal, making sure i have my fake dust cover in place and the tiny sliver spring piece is in the metal guide.

I then slide the cover half way, just up to the dust cover. Now i fit in the spring into the silver metal part then carefully slide the cover further forward before stopping just near the end to fit in the fake dusk cover spring before sliding it fully on.

Now i will cock the shotgun fully until it click, fit in the tigger block then push the foregrip forward, before i put the last body pins, i fire the trigger and cycle it again just to make sure.

Then im done. I hope this helps Wildecard.

pic01m870.jpg

pic02m870.jpg

pic03m870.jpg

GTO, my shottie has the opposite problem, it won't pump. I've taken it apart and sort of jiggled parts 2, 3 and 4 and it would pump again. But after a few shots, it would get stuck again and unable to pump. Any advice? Thanks.

GTO, my shottie has the opposite problem, it won't pump. I've taken it apart and sort of jiggled parts 2, 3 and 4 and it would pump again. But after a few shots, it would get stuck again and unable to pump. Any advice? Thanks.

You don't tell me if it locks when you pump it back preventing you from pushing it forward or if it locks after you push it forward, preventing you from pumping back after a shot.

I've experience both problems, the first is easy, it means you didn't put the trigger block in correctly, but the complication is that you can do more then one shot, so it leads me to think its the latter.

I'm no expert, but from a little experience i've had, i think the problem lies at no.3.

If you can pump and and shoot more then once, that means you got everything in place and things are moving correctly, so that rules out the trigger block and fore grip pump-arms.

no.3 is the catch lever to lock the pump to prevent you from double-loading the chamber, hence will engage the lock, the silver piece in the metal guide is the mechanism, when it moves forward it disengage the catch at no.3 after your shot.

Check to see you have the right spring in it, the spring from the dust cover looks similar and has the same diameter but is of a different length, also check that you have applied sufficient lubricant to that area, silicon oil is ok, but i suggest you put silicon grease as the oil will easily wear off if if you do not apply enough (but that will only dry off at a later date, so grease is better).

In fact, just apply silicon lubricant everywhere, no such thing as too much! Well, unless it's dripping on to your grip and making it hard for you to hold it...then maybe it's too much.... (wasn't pleasant).

My memory is abysmal, so i apologise if that's is what i can think off from the top of my head so far, but i'll add more if i can think of any other problematic locations that might be the cause.  

Mine got stuck I customs, held for 30 days and sent back to Echigoya, who has now ignored me for 3 weeks since it arrived back to them. 7 emails ignored. Amazing.

Anyway, I picked one up locally and it's got the 5 shot problem. I tried looking for info about gluing the hop rubber to prevent it from getting pinched on airsoft mechanics but can't find it. Has anyone on here successfully fixed the 5 shot problem?

I agree if you stick with shells and the gas tank, but I plan on chopping it to serbu length, tap it for HPA and a pistol grip, and attach that M4 magazine adapter. So with HPA and a hicap, I really want to take advantage of slam firing 6-round mode indefinitely.

Well I managed to get it to stop jamming! Finally! Seems like I was a complete idiot and has the little silver spring piece upside down all along. In my annoyance and red haze I must have missed it the first time! 

However now it's not feeding! Seems like I've got a bit of a problem child! Don't know why really, I didn't touch the feed mechanism! Also getting quite a lot of barrel wobble so I'm going to have to look at that too, tighten everything up see if that helps. 

Has anyone found a way to eliminate it completely? 

Edited by DeltaZero
  • Like 1

glad to hear you got it working.

feeding could be the feeding spring in the shells, put a little silicon in them helps.

I haven't got any "barrel wobble" (outer barrel or inner?) only foregrip wobble, but that's because i got a g&p tactical metal one that i still haven't padded correctly.

Outer just needs overall tightening of screws.

inner barrel, it could be the spacer that holds the three barrels in position isn't seated properly. 

I've tried Silicone spray in the shells doesnt seem to help unfortunately. I think its the actual feeding mechanism not picking the bbs up almost. The shells work absolutely fine in all my tri *suitcases*. 

By barrel wobble I mean outer barrel, its got a noticeable flex side to side, probably just needs tightening though I'm not overly fond of taking it apart again! haha Though to be honest once I put that piece up the right way it seemed pretty easy. Maybe I'll take it down a little further than I did originally to get the shell tube off to tighten the upper. 

I've also got the G&P Tactical half rail which wobbles/twists, how do you intend to pad that? where? 

if your it wobbles side to side, probably the ring at the front. 

to be honest, i don't know what happened to your feeding problem, i never taken my inner barrel off, so you'll have to refer back to geko's youtube video guide, I'm afraid.

for the padding, it's between the carrier and the rail, i just loosen the screws, put in folded bits of black electrical tape, then tightened it up. it didn't eliminate all the wobble but it's far more sturdy then before.

u2umu2es.jpg

Todays haul. Thanks to the UPS guy and USPS chap.

Had a chance to pop a few shots out of the m870. If I rack the shotty with the barrel pointing up, I sometimes pop out 5 rounds instead of 6. Racking the gun horizontally, I pop out 6 rounds...as it should. I'll play around with it more when I have more time.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

A bit off topic....

For those in the US who live where it gets super warm/hot, you guys might want to use 134a gas.

Duster gas is normally 152a.

Those air horn refill canisters that I have come across are tetrafluoroethane. All you need is am adapter for it.

Where do you get an adapter?

If you guys used green gas from a couple of years back that had detachable tips...then you've seen it.

With 134a, im getting 250-60 fps with .20g bbs. Oddly enough, .25g bbs seem to slightly overhop some. No biggie.

qera4epa.jpg

eduqyzyr.jpg

No swollen gas tank for me.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

2E56B3C5-55CD-470F-AEC7-51EDC9188A95_zps

Mine arrived today. Added the angry gun shell caddy and the G&P mag tube extension for looks. Really like it but with green gas I was lucky to get three shells out of it. I have some 144a on the way but I couldn't wait to play with the new toy. Love the 6 BB's feature but will probably use it in 3 shot mode most of the time to extend the ammo. Now; just need the extra extra shells to arrive now. ;)

New issues with my M870.

80% of the time, after I fire, the pump will not rack. I have to shake the gun a bit and mess with the pump for it to rack again. Anyone know what may be causing this? Just so I have an idea what I'm looking for before I open up the gun.

i had the same problem , with mine, and the problem causing this whas that 1 of the 3 nozzle whas broke , the top nozzle is damaged the 2 bottom ones where fine.

2E56B3C5-55CD-470F-AEC7-51EDC9188A95_zps

Mine arrived today. Added the angry gun shell caddy and the G&P mag tube extension for looks. Really like it but with green gas I was lucky to get three shells out of it. I have some 144a on the way but I couldn't wait to play with the new toy. Love the 6 BB's feature but will probably use it in 3 shot mode most of the time to extend the ammo. Now; just need the extra extra shells to arrive now. ;)

3 shells? Sounds like you didn't fill the gas tank to the brim. Mine takes an inordinate amount of time to fill, and lasted a half-day's gaming without needing refilling. 7x shells each game, 5 games total, and still loads of gas in it.

Try gassing it as much as you can and then venting the mag by half pressing it into the stock.. Worked a few times when my pistol mags wouldn't fill 100%, don't know why, so it might work with this too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Edited by DeltaZero

The venting happens on mine too after a few seconds - just keep filling for around 30 seconds. I know we all hate to see gas spewing out the top. I think Aod covered this earlier in the thread, but you can change the o-rings or something in the fill valve and it'll stop the fountaining effect.

Just keep going for about 30 seconds and the mag will be filled. Enjoy!

Run 134a gas. Then you can shoot 10+ shells worth of bbs on the 3 shot mode. Low velocity but still some bad mammajamma range. No worries about puffy tanks too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My delivery of 144a will be here tomorrow (can't get 134a anymore) so I will be using that exclusively in it from then onwards.