Tokyo Marui M870 Tactical Gas Tri-shot Shotgun- picture, text and video review

It would take about ten minutes.

There is a fill hole in the bottom of the buffer tube, all you'd need to do is screw in an adapter (best case) or drill and tap it for an adapter (worst case).

Job done.

If you don't already have an HPA rig then the redline one is good and has a tournament lock to ease people's minds about potential cheating.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Afternoon guys.   This morning I was very lucky to receive my brand spanking new Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical, from the good folks over at Redwolf UK.   This is a text/ video review for now

Chopped the barrel and added an ATI heat shield- quite happy with the result!          

TM issues a product recall?   In other news, pigs spotted flying over Hampshire, Peter Mandelson is a force for good, David Cameron gets on his bike, Nick Clegg tells the truth and the Ministry of D

Posted Images

EhobbyAsia on the Angry Gun m870 gas-tank pistol grip stock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiContbKbjY

No link to the product page yet, can't find either. but its good that they have the video up. 

Might be tempted to head down to the shop today and give them the spanish inquisition and 'fess up about it! :P

edit: here are some screenshots, Maximum number of shots per gas tank is 8 shells on 3 shot mode, so 80 shots? 

m870+TM+shotgun-+cnc+angry+gun+pistolgri

m870+TM+shotgun-+cnc+angry+gun+pistolgrim870+TM+shotgun-+cnc+angry+gun+pistolgrim870+TM+shotgun-+cnc+angry+gun+pistolgrim870+TM+shotgun-+cnc+angry+gun+pistolgrim870+TM+shotgun-+cnc+angry+gun+pistolgrim870+TM+shotgun-+cnc+angry+gun+pistolgri

Edited by onizuka-gto

That's the same as the G&P version. But it depends on the gas used (green gas or 134a/144a). So it would appear that both stock adapters carry about the same as the Marui gas mag/cartridge thingy-me-bob. Interesting. The G&P version, I was able to get 8 shells out of it on the three shot mode (with a bit of gas coming out of the barrel during the first 3 shells).

That's the same as the G&P version. But it depends on the gas used (green gas or 134a/144a). So it would appear that both stock adapters carry about the same as the Marui gas mag/cartridge thingy-me-bob. Interesting. The G&P version, I was able to get 8 shells out of it on the three shot mode (with a bit of gas coming out of the barrel during the first 3 shells).

The main difference i heard from the G&P version, is that the pistol-grip base-component where it mates with the receiver, has a over-lip, so it "cups" that is very noticeable.

Angry gun version, as you can see in the screenshot, is flush against the receiver, so it looks more natural. 

But performance wise, they appear the same. Aesthetically, I prefer the look of the G&P version as it looks solid and can take more grips than the AG version. I always said it will come down to performance for me, and it appears there isn't much in it (between the AG - G&P). I am going off of that video (indoors, at room temperature and dependant on the gas used) and how many shells where used.

If the performance is the same between the two offerings, I'll go on looks. The placement of the the fill valve doesn't bother me also (be it on top or below the sock tube).

Edited by Habakure

But performance wise, they appear the same. Aesthetically, I prefer the look of the G&P version as it looks solid and can take more grips than the AG version. I always said it will come down to performance for me, and it appears there isn't much in it (between the AG - G&P). I am going off of that video (indoors, at room temperature and dependant on the gas used) and how many shells where used.

If the performance is the same between the two offerings, I'll go on looks. The placement of the the fill valve doesn't bother me also (be it on top or below the sock tube).

They use top gas in the video, so green gas basically. 

So I agree, performance wise there is no difference with the G&P, Build wise, i have yet to comment on, as we all haven't had the chance to look-feel. but if we are to go on looks, hence i will get the AG version, because. :)

Oh, i guess the last criteria is price, but i think at this point, no one wants to think about that....right now.  :D

Edited by onizuka-gto

I've clocked close to 300fps with ONE BB on 134a gas and the was on the first shot with a freshly filled stock gas mag.

I suppose it's possible with that stock on green gas @ above 20°C with one BB on first shot.

but let's be realistic, it's probably going to be around the 300ish fps on 3 shot mode on 134a is around 270ish for me @ 25°C

You do have to align the stock tube correctly on the AG version. It took me less than 10 minutes to put the G&P on the TM and that's because I can be a bit 'all thumbs' when am tired. The video were the fps was 390 (there or there about) is in the video that wingmann posted (for the life of me I forget if it's in this thread or the angry gun thread).

Would like to see the AG version in hand. What is interesting though, is that both versions have the same capacity as the TM (or less), when everyone thought that the AG would have more space for gas. Of course if you want an external rig, the AG is the way to go (I prefer the gas to be in the stock, but that's my personal preference).

Edited by Habakure

i have seen a video where the gun with the Ag grip on spits out 390 fps, is that possible ?

The gun should have roughly the same power whether you're firing it using the original stock, the G&P adapter or the Angry Gun adapter. The gas is what provides the power, not the shape of the container it's in (within reason; one of the three might be especially restrictive or sometimes feed liquid or something).

Doh! Just posted that vid in one of the threads in the news sections. Anyway... Is it just me or when the vid is sped up is he not taking 10 shots with each shell?

*Edit Watching it back he is taking 8 or 9 shots each time I'm sure. Even before it's slowed down. I'm not imagining it am I?

Edited by Trap

thanks trap & Habakkure, I believe you are both right. mind you when I'm operating with my m870, I do the same thing. I rather take fewer shots then swap out the magazine then to be in a situation where I don't know how many shots I have left.

I guess that's the limitation of this type, there is no indication that you need to reload...

Think I'm sold on the Angry Gun version anyway. Shall put an order in this weekend. Looks like iv got 5 shot syndrome as well now. Never skirmished, must have put about 20 shells through it max and mine is from the second batch.