Tokyo Marui M870 Tactical Gas Tri-shot Shotgun- picture, text and video review

used mine this weekend, loved it. 

still need to get used to counting my shots, and remembering when i have already loaded the next shot, but managed to get some nice kills with it. 

Has anyone found issues when racking the gun in 6 shot mode?

3 or 4 times during the day i found that it jammed about 3/4's the way though racking, and i needed to remove the shell, before i could sent the action forward again. 

i have a suspicion it might be a dodgy shell, as it happened twice in the morning on 2 shell, then twice in the afternoon on 1 shell again (no idea if it was the same shell though, will have to mark the shell next time and check) 

i was also using Gaurder .28's, but i don't believe these where a factor. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Afternoon guys.   This morning I was very lucky to receive my brand spanking new Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical, from the good folks over at Redwolf UK.   This is a text/ video review for now

Chopped the barrel and added an ATI heat shield- quite happy with the result!          

TM issues a product recall?   In other news, pigs spotted flying over Hampshire, Peter Mandelson is a force for good, David Cameron gets on his bike, Nick Clegg tells the truth and the Ministry of D

Posted Images

If it's only happening on 6-shot mode, then it is loading nozzle not feeding the the 6th bb in the top barrel properly. Popping the shell out and racking it/firing a couple of times will clear the jam, if you try and force it with the shell still in there's a chance the top of the loading nozzle could break.

New part. Steel loading plate.

On the inside, just in front of where the shell goes.

Not sure that this is such a good idea.  I've tried different weight bbs in mine, all the way up to .43g, and above .28 it seems like the spring associated with this part isn't strong enough to move all that extra mass.  This could be a good investment if it came with its own, stronger spring.  But this is one of the least in-danger-of-breaking parts in the whole system.

Edited by GSO-Geko

ah, i get it. i never taken the internal casing within the metal receiver apart, so that explains why i've seen it before. 

Also why would you use any bb above .23? It's range is already short enough.....

Bumped up the FPS with HPA and a hammer spring mod.  Polished the barrels, glued the brackets on the end of the barrels in place so it can't move. Now I'm getting man-sized spread out to 150 Feet (approx 30 meters), and can engage out to 200 feet (approx 65 meters) with 0.25s.

Point is, for a given diameter, an object with more mass will end up having a longer range due to momentum.  Also, tighter spread.

Bumped up the FPS with HPA and a hammer spring mod.  Polished the barrels, glued the brackets on the end of the barrels in place so it can't move. Now I'm getting man-sized spread out to 150 Feet (approx 30 meters), and can engage out to 200 feet (approx 65 meters) with 0.25s.

Point is, for a given diameter, an object with more mass will end up having a longer range due to momentum.  Also, tighter spread.

Oh! you hooked it up to an external gas tank, no wonder you are using such heavy BB's. I'm surprised they let you have such a setup! How do you control the power? doesn't it have to be under 400fps?

But this is one of the least in-danger-of-breaking parts in the whole system.

The stock pin on that part is plastic... Mine broke within 30 shots (Probably a lemon) so at the time I had to get it machined. I think thats a very good choice for people who dont have access to machinery...

Oh! you hooked it up to an external gas tank, no wonder you are using such heavy BB's. I'm surprised they let you have such a setup! How do you control the power? doesn't it have to be under 400fps?

I use the regulator on the tank to keep it just under 100 PSI.

The stock pin on that part is plastic... Mine broke within 30 shots (Probably a lemon) so at the time I had to get it machined. I think thats a very good choice for people who dont have access to machinery...

Definitely a lemon.  My point is that it might be too heavy for the gun to function properly.  I would like to see more replacement parts for this replica.

ah, i get it. i never taken the internal casing within the metal receiver apart, so that explains why i've seen it before. 

Also why would you use any bb above .23? It's range is already short enough.....

It seems to easily overhop .25s already - I think it could take .3g BBs quite easily and the range would surprise many! 

Bumped up the FPS with HPA and a hammer spring mod. Polished the barrels, glued the brackets on the end of the barrels in place so it can't move. Now I'm getting man-sized spread out to 150 Feet (approx 30 meters), and can engage out to 200 feet (approx 65 meters) with 0.25s.

Point is, for a given diameter, an object with more mass will end up having a longer range due to momentum. Also, tighter spread.

Sorry to be pedantic but 150ft is just over 45m. I know you said approx but that's not even close. :P

You mean, it was opened up and then you saw the failure? I haven't heard of this part failing to be honest, but that doesn't mean it hasn't failed out of the blocks (brand new, try to fire it and poof it brakes).

Regarding the 'replacing just for replacing sake'. Some people do that, esspecially if it's replacing a part that's more expensive than the original.

Edited by Habakure
  • Like 1

Mine failed after a couple weeks; would not load BBs for 2-3 pumps, when it would it would only load 1 or 2, in 6 shot mode. Opened up the m870 and the arm wasn't functioning properly. I don't think it's the arm itself though, but the pins that hold it.