Tokyo Marui M870 Tactical Gas Tri-shot Shotgun- picture, text and video review

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Afternoon guys.   This morning I was very lucky to receive my brand spanking new Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical, from the good folks over at Redwolf UK.   This is a text/ video review for now

Chopped the barrel and added an ATI heat shield- quite happy with the result!          

TM issues a product recall?   In other news, pigs spotted flying over Hampshire, Peter Mandelson is a force for good, David Cameron gets on his bike, Nick Clegg tells the truth and the Ministry of D

Posted Images

Both Angrygun and G&P version now available on EhobbyAsia:

G&P Complete version:

https://shop.ehobbyasia.com/g-p-gas-charging-collapsible-stock-seet-for-marui-m870-shotgun.html#.U7oX3PmSy4I

Angrygun "barebone" version:

https://shop.ehobbyasia.com/angry-gun-retractable-gas-tank-stock-for-marui-m870-shotgun.html#.U7oX4PmSy4I

While the angrygun is cheaper, it'll be just the same (more likely more) as you need to purchase a pistol grip and but stock, but even so I'm tempted to get it as i'm hopelessly sill with customisation.... 

Regarding the loadng arm:- I wonder if it's a weak part or that there is a bit of quality control issue going on? The skeptic in me is tempted to buy a replacement part, just in case. But the superstitious part of me thinks that's playing with fire (buying a replacement is tempting fate).

Uh-oh, I've said quality issue about a Tokyo Marui product. That's like firing up the bat signal, but this signal is for fireknife.

I think it's the opposite. Stuff breaks when you don't have emergency parts on stand by. When you're ready for parts to break and have spares, it almost never breaks lol.

haha.

Sounds like my "Umbrella Rule", when you don't have an Umbrella, it rains. When you bring an Umbrella....it never does!  :D

My Angry Gun stock kit arrived today. Looking very good. But have not had the time to mount it.

Edit: Now mounted. :)

Very happy! It`s looking good, and it even works.  No leaks yet. Only fired one shell though.

post-64779-0-53951100-1404935552_thumb.jpg

post-64779-0-32965200-1404935562_thumb.jpg

Edited by arne71

Yeah, you really need to turn the stock screw quite hard to make it seal properly. Was not much of a problem. More kind of annoying that I did not get it right the first time. Now I`ll just have to fit the rail as well.

Edited by arne71

I also have one and have a slight leak that developed after a full days use. Bleedout, what type of fiddling have you done? My gun currently has a leak that soundslike the gas is running through the body and sometimes stops after being fired and then starts again a couple shots later.

Probably the internal gas chamber leaking due to poorly lubricated valve orings.  You'll have to take that bad boy apart.

My 870 must be cursed as it has not worked properly since I bought it. Anyway, Replaced the nozzle yesterday as the top nozzle broke on the original one. Put back everything together and it worked beautifully for about half a dozen shots in 3-shot mode. Cycles smoothly and loads/chambers perfectly for those half dozen shots. Should have stayed there in 3-shot mode.

Switched to 6-shot mode and everything goes downhill from there. FML!!! First rack and it gets stuck, misfeeds and unable to shoot. Took the shell out(all using Marui shells), it racks, BBs fall out, able to shoot. Reinsert Marui shell, try to rack it again but fails halfway. Strong armed it through and it fires. Strong arm it again and it shoots. Switched it back to 3-shot mode and everything goes to hell. Unable to rack it smoothly. Took it apart several times to check but cant find teh root cause.

So today, went to Ehobby and got the CNC loading plate as a final resort in fixing this gun but only replacing it tomorrow morning to let my nerves settle down a bit.

if this does not fix it, i'm going to sell this as a parts gun and get a new gun when Ehobby has their Xmas sale.

Wish me luck.

I also have one and have a slight leak that developed after a full days use. Bleedout, what type of fiddling have you done? My gun currently has a leak that soundslike the gas is running through the body and sometimes stops after being fired and then starts again a couple shots later.

Mine did that. As suggested quick spray of silicone oil on ALL o-rings.

Also check your oring from the gas nozzle isemt in your old stock as its needed.

To get mine to seal right infound I needed to standt the gun end-on and apply a bit pressure to the "top" of the adapter ( where it meets the top of the reciever) until the screw was fully tightened.

Gso Geko

Ive assembled it and fixed the leak at the joint where the main core section interfaced with the stock but now i have an intermittent firig issue. It will fire inconsistent amount of shots per pump or non at all, all the way through the shell. I had used this shell before and not had an issue with it but after the reaassembly it has developed this problem. Any ideas to what i had missed?

Fingers crossed, I've had no issues with the G&P version (stock adaptor). It was easy to install and so far (touch wood) it has held it's gas and shoots the same as the original Tokyo Marui gas in mag system. I've even put the old stock back on to check it still worked and it did (it also let out a bit of gas on the first few shots).

I hope that the problems the above users are having is an isolated incident (as angry gun products are generally good to go).

Gso Geko

Ive assembled it and fixed the leak at the joint where the main core section interfaced with the stock but now i have an intermittent firig issue. It will fire inconsistent amount of shots per pump or non at all, all the way through the shell. I had used this shell before and not had an issue with it but after the reaassembly it has developed this problem. Any ideas to what i had missed?

Probably this

b.jpg

You'll notice the selector spring is on a little nub.  If the spring is not in this position, you will get inconsistent feeding.

If people are buying the angry gun just because of cost, then fair enough. If you don't like the stock and pistol grip, that comes with the G&P, again, fair enough. But a lot of products are released with parts that people change (grips, stocks and ris units etc), so it didn't put me off (and I like the grip, just not the stock tbh).

I'd always said, if one of these had better gas efficiency, then I'd buy that one. But initial tests have shown that both hold about the same, or slightly less, as Marui's gas in mag system (even though people summer used that the angry gun should have more space for gas). So for me it comes down to looks. I prefer the higher stock tube position of the G&P model.

Edited by Habakure