Tokyo Marui M870 Tactical Gas Tri-shot Shotgun- picture, text and video review

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Afternoon guys.   This morning I was very lucky to receive my brand spanking new Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical, from the good folks over at Redwolf UK.   This is a text/ video review for now

Chopped the barrel and added an ATI heat shield- quite happy with the result!          

TM issues a product recall?   In other news, pigs spotted flying over Hampshire, Peter Mandelson is a force for good, David Cameron gets on his bike, Nick Clegg tells the truth and the Ministry of D

Posted Images

Think G&P are aiming more at the people who will just buy the kit and only fit stuff that comes made for the 870.

AG have produced something for people who allready have the grip/stock combos.

I think if you bought a G&P kit and fitted it to a new 870 it works out less than buying an 870 then the AG adapter THEN a stock and GBB pistol grip.

See it angry gun made at grips and stocks, and didn't include them with their version for the M870 (stock adaptor), then we'd see they would or wouldn't include them. Seeing as they can't include them (ar grip and stock), they don't have the option to have them in their stock adaptor kit. If you get my meaning.

I posted this in the news thread for the g&p adapter. There's a trick for it to hold more gas. Remove tube, fill. Insert tube. Then fill from the top valve on the adapter base. You can physically hear it fill. This should make it hold a considerable amount more gas. Haven't had time to actually do a shell count yet though.

You could say the same of most aeg/gbb that are released (M4's mainly), as they could be sold at a lower price if they just sold the basic upper and lower with a gear box or bbu unit, with no grip or stock etc.

Are you saying you would have bought the G&P over the angry gun, if it didn't come with the grip and stock?

I also have one and have a slight leak that developed after a full days use. Bleedout, what type of fiddling have you done? My gun currently has a leak that soundslike the gas is running through the body and sometimes stops after being fired and then starts again a couple shots later.

+1  :angry:

Are the SAT inner barrels likely to give an increase in fps, as they are 6.01?

Edited by arne71

Seems like the Angry Gun version of the pistol grip holds more gas, while the G&P has interchangable gas tanks, but can also refilled while still inside. 

Check out the comparison at RedwolfAirsoft video:

...i'm...torn now.

I like the Angry Gun low down cheek rest, but at the same time, find it a hassle to buy the extra furniture that will be limited (For pistol grip/only GBB M4 style)

so it'll practically be just the same price as the G&P. 

But from AngryGun has a more elaborate attachment procedure then G&P... difficult choice...

Edited by onizuka-gto

Why not both (cost and redundancy aside :P)?

I'm not sure which version I prefer to be honest. Think I would have to have a play around with both to get a feel. Which is a shame as I doubt there will be anywhere local stocking both kits.

Knowing my luck by the time I sort funds for even a base 870 TM will have released their own pistol grip slider. And that tasty Breacher mmm.

I would have thought it would be the other way around? G&P more like a full stock AK and the angry gun more like an AR with a full stock (a full sock AR, with a non-removeable carry handle/rear sight)?

The AR's rear sight always seems (well, to me it seems higher) higher, than an AK's rear sight. Haven't had an AK to a few years now, maybe I'm remembering it differently. . .

Edit:- just watched the Redwolf comparison video. I can't take what they say seriously, as the bloke with the extreme gelled back hair, has already made a video, saying how much he hates the G&P version. So the comparisons, even before it starts, are biased.

Edited by Habakure

Edit:- just watched the Redwolf comparison video. I can't take what they say seriously, as the bloke with the extreme gelled back hair, has already made a video, saying how much he hates the G&P version. So the comparisons, even before it starts, are biased.

Well, they're both biased; they're both trying to convince you to buy something. I reckon the extra volume of the Angry Gun was well demonstrated there.

But in other videos the capacity (gas) was less? Also, it's been mentioned before, there is a nack to filling up the G&P version. Which in the video, they don't show (they kind of hint at it though).

Also, the bloke trying to sell the G&P version, kept mentioning the angry gun version more. Which is why I said its a biased comparison.

Edit:- and I'm biased as I have the G&P version, so by default, I'm going to vouch for that one. But am not like that, if a version is better (in more than one area) then I'll buy that one (I could always sell the G&P version to buy the angry gun version).

I think I'd like to see a video were both version are filled with 144a and fired with bb's till they're empty (doesn't have to be side by side but all done in one take).

Edited by Habakure