Tokyo Marui M870 Tactical Gas Tri-shot Shotgun- picture, text and video review

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Afternoon guys.   This morning I was very lucky to receive my brand spanking new Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical, from the good folks over at Redwolf UK.   This is a text/ video review for now

Chopped the barrel and added an ATI heat shield- quite happy with the result!          

TM issues a product recall?   In other news, pigs spotted flying over Hampshire, Peter Mandelson is a force for good, David Cameron gets on his bike, Nick Clegg tells the truth and the Ministry of D

Posted Images

Nicked this from another topic. Don`t know why it was not posted here:

SAT Airsoft Taiwan-High Performance Output Valve for Tokyo Marui M870

We have completely redesigned the output valve of the Tokyo Marui M870 to withstand heavier gasses like green gas and red gas. Our product also greatly improves gas efficiency as it eliminates all valve leakage problems. This upgrade will also increase muzzle velocity significantly.

For more information, visit SAT's official website at http://www.sat-gunshop.com

Demonstration Video:

• Like 1

Nicked this from another topic. Don`t know why it was not posted here:

SAT Airsoft Taiwan-High Performance Output Valve for Tokyo Marui M870

We have completely redesigned the output valve of the Tokyo Marui M870 to withstand heavier gasses like green gas and red gas. Our product also greatly improves gas efficiency as it eliminates all valve leakage problems. This upgrade will also increase muzzle velocity significantly.

For more information, visit SAT's official website at http://www.sat-gunshop.com

Demonstration Video:

that...thats....so beautiful! :o  :D  :D  :D  :D

I want it!!

Quick update,

For those that are experiencing misfeeds or rough feeding, give the CNC loading arm a try. It solved my problems of misfeeds and rough pump action.

Note, use fine grit sand paper or emery cloth to clean up the sharp edges.

The shotgun is coming along nicely.  Angry Gun stock kit and WII-tech receiver rail fitted. But be warned, there is no point in purchasing the WII-tech railed forearm: http://www.uncompany.com/images/will-tech-04029_big.jpg

The dimensions are not even close to fit it on a Marui gbb M870 shottie.

G&P to the rescue. Fortunately I had a G&P type B forearm lying around, though I would have preferred the type A forearm. And here is another warning! Do not buy the G&P forearm installation tool. It`s only good for installing a new rail.  It will not remove the original forearm. The dimensions are all wrong. Save yourself a lot of hassle, buy the Laylax tool instead, it works both ways.

Exrernaly only the paint job left to do.

post-64779-0-77082600-1405714132_thumb.jpg

post-64779-0-65462600-1405714145_thumb.jpg

post-64779-0-67751500-1405714159_thumb.jpg

Had my firat experience of the leaking atbthe output valve today. Appears a good charge of ultra and beiling left in the incredivle scottish heat was enough so thta after each shot there would occaaionally be a leak. Few shells later it died off like as cooldown woulve helped reduce the preasure in the stock.

had another game day with mine yesterday. 

using blaster 0.25g's, i was happy enough with the range i was getting. 6 shot mode for 3/4 of the day, but after a lot of miss feeding i switched to 3 shot mode for the last game which seemed to solve the issue. 

i though it might have benn a dodgy shell at 1st (think i mentioned it in my other post) so i have numbered them all now. unfortunately it seemed to be jamming on at least 4 of my 9 shells. 

next month ill stick to 3 shot and hopefully confirm its 6 shot mode that's the problem. 

If a new CNC loading arm is the way to fix this, how was the install? (to those who have fitted it)

If a new CNC loading arm is the way to fix this, how was the install? (to those who have fitted it)

It's a complete drop in part without any need to work on it to make it fit. As for the sharp edges, up to you if you want to remove it.

• Like 1

Should have clarified my leak was the internal seal on the gun which guts gas supply after a trigger pull.

Would pull the trigger then you you could hear/ see the gas venting through the treciever and out the barrels.

As said I think a hot day and a heavy fill of gas seems to have been the cause as stopped after s hood few shots and rarely in Scotland do we get 18+ degrees

Should have clarified my leak was the internal seal on the gun which guts gas supply after a trigger pull.

Would pull the trigger then you you could hear/ see the gas venting through the treciever and out the barrels.

As said I think a hot day and a heavy fill of gas seems to have been the cause as stopped after s hood few shots and rarely in Scotland do we get 18+ degrees

I've found that it's usually the orings on this piece (inside the gas chamber), that cause the body leak issue.  Specifically, marui didn't lube them up properly before shipping.  Mine were totally dry when I took it apart.

DSC_0526.jpg

Also, if I've repeated any advice to any particular person, I apologize.  This thread simply has too many pages at this point to be sure of who has asked what.  

Edited by GSO-Geko
  • Like 1