Tokyo Marui M870 Tactical Gas Tri-shot Shotgun- picture, text and video review

I might have to wait a few batches before I pick one up in Canada atleast, knowingly it'll be probably 400+tax(1.13) here, haha.

Would like to hear all the problems and solutions before getting into one.

Thanks for the detail feedback(s).

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Afternoon guys.   This morning I was very lucky to receive my brand spanking new Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical, from the good folks over at Redwolf UK.   This is a text/ video review for now

Chopped the barrel and added an ATI heat shield- quite happy with the result!          

TM issues a product recall?   In other news, pigs spotted flying over Hampshire, Peter Mandelson is a force for good, David Cameron gets on his bike, Nick Clegg tells the truth and the Ministry of D

Posted Images

Good news, Tokyo-model took back my shotgun for inspection, so I'll just see what the verdict is.

Either they fix it, or I get a new one or maybe they are just going to give it back to me? Who knows!

I'll keep you all updated one they get back to me.

Also a good idea to wait a little later, while it seems like it can run on green gas, (even the redwolf youtube presenter was using it) both ehobbyasia and redwolf both caution about using it.

As it's originally built for 134a gas for the Japan market.

But from personal experience, the magazine is clearly feels and looks like it can handle green gas, whether that means it will lower the lifespan of your breacher (wear on internals) is yet to be seen.

So running on green gas is at your own risk.

Edited by onizuka-gto

Well I never had any feeding issues with mine but the gas tank was indeed *suitcasey*. I replaced the two pins with screws and they did hold the sides of the tank together, however the upper and lower part started leaking too later, so now Im thinking to use some kind of sealant. My breacher is in customs, here is hoping that tank is better on this one.

Your don't see any ballooning of the gas tank of the breacher, it's very solidly built, feels like a gas blow back glock magazine.

But it is a fact that my internals jammed after 70 shots while running on green gas.

So whether this is because of faulty internals or because I was using green gas, I'm not sure.

I did a shot count on an angry gun stock adapter today with green gas. I was about to get 120 shots out of it. Though you do hear a noticeable drop after 80 shots.

G&P stock, shot count is never consistent. I am going to attempt a disassembly of it. maybe it needs oiling, but my shot count always fluctuated since the day I got it.

• Like 1

Pumped out a few shots out of my 870...feeds 3 rounds and 6 rounds on the selected setting.

That tank though...puffed up even with 134a....shouldnt have stored it for 4-5 months loaded. Lol. Oh well...its not leaking. Maybe ill just make a pull tab for it....or just get a new tank. Whatta drag...

I got my breacher back from the shop, apparently some bb jammed inside, they didn't have to replace anything though.

They recommend higher quality bbs....

So that's that, problem was not related to the green gas and whether the jamming is a mechanical or bb quality problem, only time will tell.

So here is a finished version of my breacher

882baa5b21fc4cf519872a106c6ee6af.jpg

will be making a breacher belt waist holster for it, shamelessly copying the bladetech version (love how it holster the shotgun).

• Like 1

I'm only using kwa/KSC .25g bbs in my shotty as I've never had any feed issues with them in any gun

Depending on which bb I use, mags jam....even with bioval .25g bbs, my kwa m11 magazines jammed...same with my kwa mp9 mags.

If a specific brand/weight bbs need to be used for these things....so be it. It's a small price to pay so it operates well.

Supposedly my breacher is in Chicago....same with my m&p. Hopefully the party receiving and shipping my items out get it out soon. Last update for the m&p said that final delivery was made yesterday. If they shipped it overnight yesterday....it'd be in my doorstep today. Who knows....I'm at work anyway so I can't play with it. Lol

• Like 1

I got my breacher back from the shop, apparently some bb jammed inside, they didn't have to replace anything though.

They recommend higher quality bbs....

So that's that, problem was not related to the green gas and whether the jamming is a mechanical or bb quality problem, only time will tell.

So here is a finished version of my breacher...

will be making a breacher belt waist holster for it, shamelessly copying the bladetech version (love how it holster the shotgun).

Good luck on the holster; hopefully some Chinese company makes a replica since they are pretty hard to come by.  And maybe a replacement forend with the cutouts for a light.  

mcsbracketa.jpg

tumblr_m24d3o7JfU1qa93r9o1_1280.jpg  

• Like 2