Tokyo Marui M870 Tactical Gas Tri-shot Shotgun- picture, text and video review

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Afternoon guys.   This morning I was very lucky to receive my brand spanking new Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical, from the good folks over at Redwolf UK.   This is a text/ video review for now

Chopped the barrel and added an ATI heat shield- quite happy with the result!          

TM issues a product recall?   In other news, pigs spotted flying over Hampshire, Peter Mandelson is a force for good, David Cameron gets on his bike, Nick Clegg tells the truth and the Ministry of D

Posted Images

The gas tank should hold. Not sure about the internal cylinder workings. You may need to take it apart and lube the o-Rings.

Alright. I'll attempt that. Gas tank holds fine.

Assuming just removal of screws and should be that much? Do I need a special valve tool to remove the one inside the pistol grip?

Thanks, the help is greatly apperciative.

Took it to my shotgun guru locally. He said seems the gun had wear from being racked, about 80 racks worth. Where I only did it 6-8 times.

He also said that the two pins inside seemed to of been punched out before. He said that it looks like it was disassembled before.

Going to the retailer tonight, as they said they would take a look at it. Most likely swap for a new one, which means more waiting.

Or refuse to take it back as a third party has messed with it by disassembling it to inspect what's wrong

Who said it was 'disassembled'? By the sounds of it the third party has inspected it to see it has been used but if the parts are visible through an external inspection then you can't refuse something for that.

'FireKnife'

Question to the Angry Gun stock users-

Is the fill valve in a far enough forward position that you can leave the stock open enough to expose it while using the gun?

I'd like to tap it for HPA, or be lazy and use the CQB-Russian drop in tap.  Wondering if I'll need to modify the stock.

Question to the Angry Gun stock users-

Is the fill valve in a far enough forward position that you can leave the stock open enough to expose it while using the gun?

I'd like to tap it for HPA, or be lazy and use the CQB-Russian drop in tap. Wondering if I'll need to modify the stock.

@deltazero hpa tapped his AG adapter. Hope he'll see this.

Edit: Fill valve is far enough forward, shows around "1" on a buffer tube.

AG-TM870-GTS.jpg

Edited by BioRage

8u9ujaty.jpgamu5any9.jpgbeme3y8u.jpg

Yup mine has been HPA tapped using the Russian-CQB adaptor.. Works flawlessly, around 110psi gives me 320ish fps.

Had to modify the stock slightly to allow it to be on the 2nd notch.. Which is just about perfect for me. Otherwise you're stuck with 3rd.. I wanted to use a MOE stock but there's no way to modify one so I went with a basic LE stock with stock pad which looks really good!

Please excuse the rubbishy cutting, was just a test run originally, doesn't really bother me so im gonna leave it like that till I can get the tools to carry on the cut!

Edited by DeltaZero
  • Like 2

I have a decently long reach, so I'm hoping it will be comfortable on the third position for me.

If not, I have a few donor stocks laying about and access to a rotary tool.  It shouldn't be too much work.  

Edited by Jonesy
  • Like 1

Just finished taking the full size apart, trying to remedy the inability to fire in six shot mode.

The selector spring seems too weak to hold the selector in place, which apparently allows BBs to load in an entirely random amount- ranging from one to six BBs correctly loading and firing per pump.

In all honesty, I never even used the six shot mode in a game with either of my breachers, but it still irks me that this full size is apparently incapable of doing so.  

Replacement spring sets now available at Ehobby Asia, under the manufacturer "blackcat"

Seems they have three different products for the TM M870, made out of "Steel construction" wonder how well they will do?

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/blackcat.html

-

Also regarding my situation, my shotgun guru brought it to the shop for me. Retailer said it was "Defective" and I should hopefully be getting an exchange tonight, or next week. :busted_blue:

Edited by BioRage