Tokyo Marui M870 Tactical Gas Tri-shot Shotgun- picture, text and video review

If I recall the Marui was something like 50-60 wasn't it?

But they may be making that 80 shots assumption on 144a which may provide more shots then the likes of Green while saying it can also take Green.

Plus from what I have seen isn't an actual Marui gas tank for the M870 about the same price when bought in HK? Would need to see this in a non-retailer viewing first to see if it is worth it ;).

'FireKnife'

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Afternoon guys.   This morning I was very lucky to receive my brand spanking new Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical, from the good folks over at Redwolf UK.   This is a text/ video review for now

Chopped the barrel and added an ATI heat shield- quite happy with the result!          

TM issues a product recall?   In other news, pigs spotted flying over Hampshire, Peter Mandelson is a force for good, David Cameron gets on his bike, Nick Clegg tells the truth and the Ministry of D

Posted Images

Nice. Just gotta open up and seal cylinders if/when they leak due to high pressure. Might as well get the sat. Upgrade valve with this...

Bahhh been out of airsoft a while...in the process of buying a car so toy fundage goes out the door...must not pull out credit card/paypal for airsoft. Lol

If I recall the Marui was something like 50-60 wasn't it?

But they may be making that 80 shots assumption on 144a which may provide more shots then the likes of Green while saying it can also take Green.

Plus from what I have seen isn't an actual Marui gas tank for the M870 about the same price when bought in HK? Would need to see this in a non-retailer viewing first to see if it is worth it ;).

'FireKnife'

80 shot assumption hmm...Isn't 80 shots on par with AG adapter?

I don't know why they bother specifying how many shots it holds - it's got the same volume as the original tank, doesn't it? So presumably it contains exactly the same amount of gas and can power the same number of shots; like FireKnife says, the only variance is if you get more shots from a stronger gas that the Marui tank can't sustain without bulging.

I want to get a tactical stock for my M870. Is the g&p version any good? Most of the posts seem to be discussing the angry gun version.

I think the general consensus is that it's pretty similar to the Angry Gun, but more likely to leak.

I don't know why they bother specifying how many shots it holds - it's got the same volume as the original tank, doesn't it? So presumably it contains exactly the same amount of gas and can power the same number of shots; like FireKnife says, the only variance is if you get more shots from a stronger gas that the Marui tank can't sustain without bulging.

I think the general consensus is that it's pretty similar to the Angry Gun, but more likely to leak.

If that's the case.. $48.99 vs $178.00 is a big difference.. You can get 3 for the price of one!

Just saying, if the AR stock adapter and pistol grip is a big thing.

G&P stock adapter is garbage for what it is, angry gun is much better in terms of function. Much simpler, and hold double the gas over the G&P. G&P I had issues, it never held a consistent amount of gas, sometimes 6 shells worth, sometimes three. Its double the weight of the angry gun, and triple the parts. 

Anyways, check out this sexy thang.

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ready-fighter-steel-barrel-for-marui-m870-mcs.html#.VE8I3PldWSo

hopefully a body is in the works!

• Like 1

My third breacher and second angry gun stock just arrived via the UPS fairy.

I'm a little unclear on how to remove the breacher pistol grip- there are some descriptions earlier in this thread as I recall, but I can't find the darn things.

Somebody give me a hint?

Edit*

I got it.  That was stupid simple.

My new CTR stock and Hogue Pistol grip won't arrive till monday, so until then I tossed a discarded full size stock on there.

Balances quite nicely.

breacherpreacher_zps58ef8d34.jpg

Edited by Jonesy

HELP - The grip on my new Breacher is totally loose and wobbles about after only 1 day of gaming. The give-away was the noise of gas escaping within the body of the gun, when the gas mag was inserted. I have tried tightening the 4 smaller screws within the grip, with no difference, but I see that the silver gas valve requires a socket to tighten (I need to get a socket set)...........Will it just be the gas valve needing tightened to re-secure the grip, or will it require the grip to be removed and the long screw that runs along the length of the gun to also be tightened?

Has anybody else had this issue? Is this a known fault & fix or am I just unlucky?

Also, has anybody tried Guarder Black gas in their M870's? The reason I ask is that I was offered some to try yesterday but the owner said that it was too powerful for his TM pistol, as the hammer could not strike hard enough to let the gas out. I decided to be cautious and not to try it, without finding out other owner's thoughts first. I did try the red Nuprol 3.0 gas yesterday and I felt that there was a noticeable improvement over the Abbey Ultra/Brut Sniper gasses I was using. The Guarder Black gas was also a major improvement over the Abbey Brut Sniper in my mate's KWA M9, which went from poor to excellent performance with increased kick, noise, range and accuracy. It was around 10C here yesterday, so pretty cold.

Impressions of the Breacher - I played with my new toy for the first time yesterday indoors. First impressions weren't that great to be honest. I was using Abbey Ultra and 0.25g BB's. Range was pretty average and the first 2 games I played with it, I felt noticeably outgunned by AEG's, having to resort to my pistol for targets further away and burning through shells and gas really quickly. I have 7 shells and only one gas mag, so it meant that I kept having to top up with BB's and gas when I got the chance. I'd probably buy at least one more gas tank, but still have to carry a small tin of gas and a speedloader around with me.

However, I persevered with it and realised that the 3-round mode was much better, shooting noticeably further and faster/harder than the 6-round mode, which I feel is pretty pointless. 3-round is more than enough. Plus the 6-round mode was weird, shooting any random number of BB's that it felt like. At least 3-round was consistent.

Anyway, by the end of the 3rd game, I really enjoyed the increased effectiveness of the 3-round mode (I initially had it set to 6-round by accident to begin with) and felt that the Breacher was plenty effective at ranges up to about 20m. By the end of the day I'd pi$$ed off the other team, who were all hating the Breacher for it's sore punch and quietness, which had me smiling greatly. Having been on the receiving end of an M870, I know how sore it is. 

So I'd gone from being pretty unimpressed and thinking of selling, to actually loving the damn thing...........then the grip came loose and spoiled my fun. I'm hoping it's an easy fix, thanks.

My 870 Tactical turned up today and I instantly fell in love....until I fired it in 6 shot mode and it would only fire 3 shots... The email to Airsoftworld tech support has already been sent. Sigh.

That's 3  Marui products I own that have turned up more or less DOA.

Also, looking at the disassembly guides it looks somewhat possible to hardwire it to a HPA line, cutting the bulging mags out of the equation. Has anyone tried this yet?

My 870 Tactical turned up today and I instantly fell in love....until I fired it in 6 shot mode and it would only fire 3 shots... The email to Airsoftworld tech support has already been sent. Sigh.

That's 3 Marui products I own that have turned up more or less DOA.

Also, looking at the disassembly guides it looks somewhat possible to hardwire it to a HPA line, cutting the bulging mags out of the equation. Has anyone tried this yet?

You need to go through this thread lol.

3-6 shot have issues on all m870...

Easiest way is to hpa tap via angry gun adapter. Check out pages back.

I've had four 870s now.  The first two functioned flawlessly, three and six shot.  Those I got from a broker out of Japan.

The last two have both had issues, a full size and a breacher.  Both I sourced from within the US.  Airsoft GI and AirsoftAtlanta.

Not impressed with the QC, that's for sure.  

You need to go through this thread lol.

3-6 shot have issues on all m870...

Easiest way is to hpa tap via angry gun adapter. Check out pages back.

Indeed, I've had a quick scan through and I have a feeling this is going to be a money pit. Should have stuck to my tri-shot TM M3 (which has a broken nozzle, glad to see they did nothing about that issue...)

I'm tempted by the angry gun stock kit but damn it's expensive. I was hoping something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQHgLvX4Yx8 could be done to the Tactical, bypassing gas tank and going straight into the gun.

Not impressed with the QC, that's for sure.  

Marui products used to be unbeatable out the box performers. You could take it out and know it would just work for years and years, they dropped the ball with these. 

Should have stuck to my tri-shot TM M3 (which has a broken nozzle, glad to see they did nothing about that issue...)

What's to do? Broken nozzles on the old spring tri-shots don't seem be that common, certainly nothing like issues with these newer gas shotguns and when I have heard of issues with them it's usually sounded like the user has slam-fired, tried to force jammed BBs or it was just a very well used shotgun.

Spares are available anyway, and before someone says "I'd like an aftermarket metal nozzle", most people would like one of those, very few would like the price tag that'd come with one.

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/marui-cylinder-for-spas-12--m3-super-90-series