Tokyo Marui M870 Tactical Gas Tri-shot Shotgun- picture, text and video review

My breacher is flawless. On 6 shot mode as well.

But i agree , 3 shot is the best for outdoor.

If you install the Taiwanese high pressure gas flow valve you can up your breacher to 400fps range. It's insane. But i dunno if it will have the same endurance, haven't gotten round to getting mine to do any testing.

My tactical m870 on the other hand, ain't impressed keeps leaking.

Thinking of getting the g&p stock and the gas valve.

I wouldn't recommend the black guarder gas. The only thing it'll do is trip the overflow valve much earlier and you'll lose more gas.

Third party ag or g&p stock have their own pre-valve system, so should be able to cope, but they aren't exactly flawless and I've heard then tripping the gas flow on more then one occasion just on green gas.

So don't quote me on anything certain regarding the third party stocks.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Afternoon guys.   This morning I was very lucky to receive my brand spanking new Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical, from the good folks over at Redwolf UK.   This is a text/ video review for now

Chopped the barrel and added an ATI heat shield- quite happy with the result!          

TM issues a product recall?   In other news, pigs spotted flying over Hampshire, Peter Mandelson is a force for good, David Cameron gets on his bike, Nick Clegg tells the truth and the Ministry of D

Posted Images

Don't get me wrong  I would love the gun if it worked correctly, it's far higher quality externally than the old tri-shots. It just strikes me as a cop out that reliability issues from a ~12-13 year old design have been carried over into this one, and for the price I expected these issues to be ironed out especially for Marui.

If (when) it gets sorted I can see it being an awesome gun, at the minute though I'm disappointed with my £280 tri-shot...

In the process of repairing the nozzles on my TM M3 using this guide I remember seeing many many years ago (What happened to inferno anyway?).

If you install the Taiwanese high pressure gas flow valve you can up your breacher to 400fps range. It's insane. But i dunno if it will have the same endurance, haven't gotten round to getting mine to do any testing.

Would this be the Wii tech enhanced nozzles or the SAT high performance output valve?

Cheers

Is anybody able to answer my question about tightening the mega loose grip on my Breacher? I'm hoping it's just the silver fill valve needing tightened? There are no Breacher take-down guides on Youtube at the moment to assist me. Surely others have had the same/similar issue, no?

Thanks for the advice re the black gas Onizuka-gto. Red Nuprol 3.0 works well so far.

Has anyone installed their SAT valve with positive results? I have one and it feels like the SAT valve is shorter than the OEM one. That and it gasses out under pressure on green much like the OEM valve.

Yes. 

Just like the OEM valve it leaks if you don't lube it up properly and REALLY tighten those screws.  I've tested it at 130 PSI for a full shell with no problems.  But I don't run it at that pressure.  100 PSI out of my HPA tank is getting close to 400 FPS.

• Like 1

From reading Youtube comments from 'CellusNZ' who made the unboxing review, to remove the Breacher's pistol grip, you undo the two screws embedded deep inside the grip, along with the large silver hex nut (10mm socket required).......and you're done.................But for the life of me, I can't get that damn hex nut loose. I wasn't sure at the time I first attempted it, if it was correct to remove it, but now I know it is.

I think the problem with my loose pistol grip is the long screw inside that you can only access by removing the grip. I've got a new socket set arriving this week, so will try again.

That longer screw is in there super tight I doubt it came loose, it's either the two small screws or tye valve

Turns out that it was indeed the long screw that had come very loose, requiring a  good few turns to tighten it up properly. The grip is no longer loose and is no longer leaking gas.

I hope it doesn't happen again, but I expect it probably will and may require some threadlock. My new socket set with the 10mm socket enabled me to remove the silver hex nut very easily.

The whole process of removing the grip is very easy really:

Tools required:

10mm socket piece and accompanying tool.

Long, but small/thin headed Philips/Star screwdriver...........definitely magnetic to be able to refit the small screws back into their positions.

Guide:

With the Breacher upside down, unscrew the two small black screws located deep within the hand grip, towards the trigger and remove them. Ignore the two screws nearer the top. They just hold the gas cartridge in place and do not require to be removed.

Using a 10mm socket, remove the large silver hex nut.

BE CAREFUL not to lose the black plastic piece which sits behind the hex nut and be aware that a D-shaped piece of metal also comes loose once the hex nut is removed. This sits below the hex nut.

Now just remove the grip.

To refit, I found that keeping the Breacher upside-down and placing the small black plastic piece into the gas hole (star/cross-shaped side up to wards you) before refitting the D-shaped metal piece and silver hex nut to be the best way to do it. The hex nut may snag on the black plastic piece, requiring you to wiggle it around a little before the threads bite correctly. A magnetic screwdriver is a MUST for getting the small black screws back inside their holes, given how deep and the inside of the grip is. It's bloody fiddly without a magnetic screwdriver and damn near impossible.

I hope this helps other Breacher owners.

Edited by Ryaw

Mines finally coming along. Got round to chopping the front end down. The AG stock adapter leaks like a *badgeress* from everywhere (join with the body and the fill valve and around the fill valve) DOH! Will have to sort that. Also, it's raised the power from just under 350fps (site limit where I play) to 365fps on abbey ultra, so I'll have to shop around for some other gas and hope it doesn't drop the power to much. Visible cloud of gas coming out of the barrel on every shot now, didn't do that with the original set up. The build continues.

post-20029-0-95688800-1415885283_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trap

Yeah I PTFE taped around the stock tube threads and luckily it isn't leaking from there. Its leaking from the O-ring, I lubed it up so either its not seated right or I need to screw the whole thing on even tighter.

Has anyone tried any of the wiitech upgrade parts yet?

http://www.wiitech.com.hk/eshop/

Edited by Trap

Yeah, annoyingly I purposely bought a set of Wingmaster furniture off eBay a while back which I was planning to convert and turn into another never ending ghost project, otherwise I would have bought it the second I saw it on eHob today, I wonder which will be more expensive at the end... 

Edited by blobface

BTW I was having some internal leaks (expansion chamber o-rings most likely) and I didn't feel like disassembling the shotgun, so I took the AG stock off and sprayed oil at the gas intake. After two shots the leak disappeared and today I managed to get 70 shots off in a quite cold day with the gas (propane) I filled in yesterday.