Tokyo Marui M870 Tactical Gas Tri-shot Shotgun- picture, text and video review

Good idea on the color coding for bb weights dude.

As far as setting dots on the sight, I would use bbs that get me the optimum trajectory and stay on the shot setting allotted for the gun.

3 shot mode for my m870 tactical using .25g bbs....6 shot mode for my m870 breacher using .20g bbs.

Should I get a red dot sight for either, I won't have to worry about adjusting or compensating for shots.

Currently, my m870 tac gets used with iron sights...they are perfect for it.

Not so sure about the breacher. A dot sight or some sort of sights would probably be better than using it as a point and shoot popper. Down side is that it will give the gun a taller profile.

Meh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think you will need some sort of sight, not necessarily a red dot.

I mean the tight grouping under 15m means you can't really just point and spray. Especially when the breacher is so mobile.

I suppose iron sights would work just as well.

I have to try 0.25g for 3bb mode, might be better for outdoor.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Afternoon guys.   This morning I was very lucky to receive my brand spanking new Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical, from the good folks over at Redwolf UK.   This is a text/ video review for now

Chopped the barrel and added an ATI heat shield- quite happy with the result!          

TM issues a product recall?   In other news, pigs spotted flying over Hampshire, Peter Mandelson is a force for good, David Cameron gets on his bike, Nick Clegg tells the truth and the Ministry of D

Posted Images

I'm sure it'll be fine so long as you don't drop it. I'm more concerned about the latch on the grip for the breachers gas tank....the piece of metal bar that's held on by two screws. Meh...I'm sure it's all fine.

My m&p 9 needs to come in. Echigoya said that both of my stuff already got sent out from Texas...just that their shipping partner has not given them tracking numbers for them so I wasn't updated as to what's going on.

Then there's the marui m4 GBBR...that too needs to come out....it probably won't be released til late November ...or December though.

e hobby just finally replyed tonight. they still wont refund me and now say they will ship the gun but its been painted two tones since the " cant paint just the tip" trying to once again cancel the order because I didn't intend on purchasing a breacher that's 1/4 orange and needs to be stripped and painted. redwolf just paints the tip just like most retailers

Edited by -wigs-

Ok so I have a question for you guys. I just caved and bought myself a breacher. Now my Tactical is currently in bits waiting for a new loading arm and nebula nozzle to arrive. I'm planning on selling the tactical as I prefer the breacher.

My question is do I sell the tactical with the new Pro Arms CNC Loading nozzle and nebula reinforced nozzle or do I take the Breacher apart and use the parts from that to fix the tactical then use the new parts in the breacher? It would make more sense to take the new parts and put them in the breacher, but I don't want to cause more problems down the line if it works already. It's the whole "if it ain't broke don't fix it" scenario! 

Any opinions/advice would be helpful!

Also does anyone know if the G&P railed forgrips will go on the breacher? I know the pump is shorter on the breacher, will it fit or not? 

Edited by DeltaZero

The nozzle hasn't broken, I just bought it to replace then and there rather than open the thing up again. The arm broke the little metal part off the end of one of the pivot rods, there's a picture a few pages back when I asked about where to get a replacement. I assume it was from there being a jam and me somehow bending the pivot arm as its now bent but I can't be sure. I literally bought the thing, never fired it, replaced the pump with a G&P rail and then it wouldn't feed from then. I'm not sure if it was a problem when I received it as stupidly I never tried to fire it, but ordering from Ehobby and being based in the UK they wouldnt have done much in terms of refund or replacement anyway. Fairly sure I installed everything correctly when putting the railed pump on so I would assume it came from the shop like that! Who knows! 

But the question is, do I put the CNC arm in the breacher as well as the reinforced polymer nozzle or is it not worth it? I know you said your breacher seems to be firing correctly on 3 and 6 shot so I would assume TM have revised their design slightly, or at least it seems more reliable. I don't want to be replacing parts and causing the problems! 

And any idea on whether the G&P rail pump will fit the breacher? I assume so as its the same just shorter outer barrels but would like confirmation! 

If it's not broken...keep it marui. :) only time I would replace it without it being damaged would be if I was to do a full upgrade....one time deal....rail...arm...valve...barrel...grip....

I'd just get the gun up and running...make sure everything is okay and then sell it. Keep the nozzle as a spare for your breacher.

Another reason why I prefer echigoya is that I'm pretty certain they're not sending me a demo gun. Then again, it doesn't really matter when the gun is a new release (no time for people to finger fudge) the bb poppers. With that in mind, to save some wait time...the marui GBB m4 will probably get ordered elsewhere. Then again, who knows.

Only issue I've had so far with echigoya is the wait...no updates on the re-shipping. They have responded to all inquiries I've sent within 24 hours.

Both my Breacher and Tactical shoot fine on the 3-shot and 6-shot mode using Marui .20g bbs and KWA .25g bbs. I haven't put other bb brand/weight down range (for the tactical) that much that I don't remember if it was ever shooting 5 bbs on the 6-shot mode.

I don't have an answer about the g&p rail pump. I'm not sure how those attach to the racking arm....maybe it has different mounting points as the grip is shorter on the breacher? To get an answer, a shop would probably the best place to inquire....otherwise, you'll need someone who has both or has had both guns....or has the breacher...and successfully installed the grip rail.

Check and see if the shorter g&p 870 shotties use short rails....if they do, odds are, they'll make a marui spec one.

8912449c3b8f6d13840cae1345a8c3c8.jpg

I was curious about the too, so I took my extended magazine barrel from my tactical and put it on my breacher. Fits perfectly.

Basically it means it'll have no problem with the g&p forearms (which I have a type A on my tactical as well.)

However, the full size forearms won't work so well on the breacher, your will need the short g&p type I suspect.

Oh as to the question of the mounting point, it shouldn't matter, you will be using the same tube carriage which the pump forearm are attach to, the g&p type should just fits over this, no need to mess with it at all.

Nothing so far indicates that it is any different in size as that magazine tube is the same diameter. At most it'll be a little bit bigger or smaller, the g&p forearm has loose tolerances of about 2mm extra so bigger won't be a problem, smaller wise, i'll just put some sticky foam in between and make such its firm which works well to eliminate that wobble on my tactical.

Edited by onizuka-gto

If it's not broken...keep it marui. :) only time I would replace it without it being damaged would be if I was to do a full upgrade....one time deal....rail...arm...valve...barrel...grip....

I'd just get the gun up and running...make sure everything is okay and then sell it. Keep the nozzle as a spare for your breacher.

I don't have an answer about the g&p rail pump. I'm not sure how those attach to the racking arm....maybe it has different mounting points as the grip is shorter on the breacher? To get an answer, a shop would probably the best place to inquire....otherwise, you'll need someone who has both or has had both guns....or has the breacher...and successfully installed the grip rail.

Check and see if the shorter g&p 870 shotties use short rails....if they do, odds are, they'll make a marui spec one.

But whats the likely hood it will break in the future? That part is already pretty hard to find, I dont want to break it eventually and not be able to find a replacement! Plus it was bloody expensive! I'll have a look see what it looks like once I get the breacher tomorrow. Who knows! 

Luckily I will have both the Full Length Tactical and the Breacher so I will take the pump off the tactical see if it'll go on the breacher. To be honest after thinking about it I don't want the rail on the breacher but I wouldn't mind the standard tactical pump on there. Not a massive fan of the breachers pump if I'm honest. Again I will have a look tomorrow see how I feel. I'll tell the tactical definitely once it's up and running 100%! 

I was curious about the too, so I took my extended magazine barrel from my tactical and put it on my breacher. Fits perfectly.

Basically it means it'll have no problem with the g&p forearms (which I have a type A on my tactical as well.)

However, the full size forearms won't work so well on the breacher, your will need the short g&p type I suspect.

Oh as to the question of the mounting point, it shouldn't matter, you will be using the same tube carriage which the pump forearm are attach to, the g&p type should just fits over this, no need to mess with it at all.

Nothing so far indicates that it is any different in size as that magazine tube is the same diameter. At most it'll be a little bit bigger or smaller, the g&p forearm has loose tolerances of about 2mm extra so bigger won't be a problem, smaller wise, i'll just put some sticky foam in between and make such its firm which works well to eliminate that wobble on my tactical.

How do you mean it wont work so well? Do you mean its possible but it wont rack completely? Surely if the only difference between the two would be the barrel length and the lack of stock/pistol grip one would assume the pump would be completely inter changeable?

I'm sure that tactical forgrip will fit in the breacher, but because of the longer dimension of the foregrip, you will likely to only be able to half-rack the slide.

This is because on the tactical the forearm bars on the magazine tube carriage is attached to the end, therefore when you rack the foregrip, the foregrip end will touch the receiver and complete action properly.

But on the breacher, the forearm bars are attached to the middle of the magazine tube carriage, hence for the complete action the foregrip has to be shorter to give more room for the magazine tube carriage to reach the point of complete slide action.

But hey, I could be wrong, I haven't tried it out. I do have my old tactical foregrip laying about and the breacher is far easier to remove the foregrip because you can actually touch that magazine tube lug nut which was a nightmare to reattach.

If you got both just give it a go.

Personally I like the breacher foregrip. I don't feel the need to change it.... Yet.

Feel the need...literally. Grip is very comfy to handle.

Just shooting at the backyard, I noticed that the spread is pretty good at 50-60 feet. From plinking around using the 6 shot mode, all 6 bbs are capable of hitting within the size of a medium torso. My ball park figure is about 20" spread from that distance. This is using 134a and .20g bbs (187-191 fps) with the shotteh shooting 6 balls a pump.

• Like 1

I'm sure that tactical forgrip will fit in the breacher, but because of the longer dimension of the foregrip, you will likely to only be able to half-rack the slide.

This is because on the tactical the forearm bars on the magazine tube carriage is attached to the end, therefore when you rack the foregrip, the foregrip end will touch the receiver and complete action properly.

But on the breacher, the forearm bars are attached to the middle of the magazine tube carriage, hence for the complete action the foregrip has to be shorter to give more room for the magazine tube carriage to reach the point of complete slide action.

But hey, I could be wrong, I haven't tried it out. I do have my old tactical foregrip laying about and the breacher is far easier to remove the foregrip because you can actually touch that magazine tube lug nut which was a nightmare to reattach.

If you got both just give it a go.

Personally I like the breacher foregrip. I don't feel the need to change it.... Yet.

I'll give it a go when I get home. I didn't realise the fixing position to the forearms bars were different. I thought the Breacher was the same as the M870 but with different things bolted on. 

Also have we come to a complete verdict on which stock tube kit is the best yet? I think Im still winging towards the G&P due to looks but I think you can get more shots per fill with the AG? 

Edited by DeltaZero

No I haven't, as it happens. But I do have the G&P Kit installed. After the last game I emptied the G&P tank and removed it from the stock, with the intention of using the filling tips mentioned above and I left it outside of the shotgun for a week.

I replaced the tank and it began hissing badly, so I assumed it was the joint between the stock kit and the m870 (this was the case when I first installed the stock kit, so I treated the orings and it was fine afterwards). I checked the join between the kit and the m870 but it's still hissing - but as my original post it sounds like its originating from inside the M870 rather than at the join.

Any ideas?

Just came back from reading gs geko m870 diy fix up topic, (he's is a wizard), but he actually mentioned a fix to a problem that sounds similar to this. He runs his m870 on HPA at green gas pressure.

He said that the O-rings on the expansion chamber were bone dry and couldn't cope after he switch to HPA, he solved it but lubing and replacing the O-rings.

You should check it out in the rifle (gas) forum for a better run down.

Edit: link here

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/212802-Marui-M870-Fix-and-Tuning-Thread&do=findComment&comment=2674847

Edited by onizuka-gto
  • Like 1

Fielded my breached today.

Hop up: definitely alot less hop on the breached. Using .28, was almost no Hop up effect. Where as with the tactical, I had to use .30 just to get them to sail without over hop.

Feeding: having the same feeding issues as my tactical. Where sometimes dry fires. Not sure why at this point. Could be the BBs I'm using...