Tokyo Marui M870 Tactical Gas Tri-shot Shotgun- picture, text and video review

Yup. All three tips should be straight. Not dented. You probably damaged yours when you had a jam...

Side note...video is being trimmed down to about 16 mins. Its a full game...not hilights so it may be boring. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Afternoon guys.   This morning I was very lucky to receive my brand spanking new Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical, from the good folks over at Redwolf UK.   This is a text/ video review for now

Chopped the barrel and added an ATI heat shield- quite happy with the result!          

TM issues a product recall?   In other news, pigs spotted flying over Hampshire, Peter Mandelson is a force for good, David Cameron gets on his bike, Nick Clegg tells the truth and the Ministry of D

Posted Images

For those who have the TM M870 shooting 5 rounds instead of 6 rounds...try this:

Rack the charging handle very slowly and slide it back to battery. Your gun should shoot 6 rounds. At least mine does. Its weird. If you cock it fast/normal...it shoots 5 rounds instead of 6. When I cock it very slowly...it shoots 6 rounds (as it should). Seems like its a timing issue. Perhaps Marui will come out with a piece that delays the first time the nozzle loads the bbs?

I haven't fully understood the whole mechanism, but from what it looks like...when the selector cam goes down, it hits part of the charging lever that then pulls the nozzle back some. Then when the charging lever goes all the way back, it loads another set of bbs. I'm not 100% on this though.

When I charge the tank with green gas it seems to fill up really fast(3 secs max) after that it just the gas just sprays to the side so I assume its full. Is this normal. Thing is its next to impossible to get weaker gas here, but I only get like 25 shots out of a full charge. :P

I have no idea dude. Ive never taken mine apart piece by piece.

I want the new type shells for these to come out nowww :)

Oh and for those who got to watch my outing with the tm m870...notice how the rubber stock pad popped off. Not sure how that happened. Not sure if its a recurring issue or if its user error...meaning I didnt set it properly so it's locked in properly.

About filling it with gas...the redwolf review said itll take a charge of green gas for about 10 seconds. Someone claimed they get 30-40 shots out of green gas.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

As some of you have mentioned, Tokyo Marui has issued an announcement on their homepage that some of the M870 are experiencing trouble with manufacturing errors and that they are receiving malfunctioning units back fro repair or at the least a quick look over. Obviously not much help for many of you overseas, but if you bought from a local retailer or from Echigoya, etc, they might be able to help you out.

Refer to this announcement when contacting them...

http://www.tokyo-marui.co.jp/news/m870/

Ordered mine locally and I sincerely hope it's not part of the recalled batch of defective units. I don't remember Marui ever issuing a recall-notice in the 7 years I've been into airsoft.

Actually they did a recall for the SCAR-L once because the upper rail deformed easily on one batch.

Shot one today courtesy of Pro Airsoft Supplies, and I have to say I like it a lot. On the plus side, the whole thing feels weighty, sturdy and rugged, but also precisely made - and the ghost-ring sights are absolutely brilliant, being easy to acquire and total overkill for shotgun ranges. Shooting it in 6-round mode took literal chunks out of a foamcore sign, so it has definite ability, and the handling is good, although I think the barrel's a touch long for true CQB use unless you're going to shoot it from the hip. On the other hand, the gas magazine is a pain to change; removing the buttpad is a bit fiddly and the clips that retain it look a little fragile, and you need four hands (one for the gun, one for the pad, one for the magazine release clip and one for the magazine) to change the magazine, unless you're willing to start pocketing bits of the gun in situ. Not something you want to do under pressure, that's for sure.

Plus, at near-as-makes-no-difference £300, I won't be buying one just yet. I'm holding out for releases at the Tokyo Model Show, the outcome of the TM recalls, and some price drops before I start sinking money into the system. If you don't mind those things, I really recommend checking it out - this is the first airsoft shotgun I could see myself actually buying.

Got a demo of one in pas yesterday .300 quid .

The cocking action / sound is epic Definetly a sound you will identify with this gun . Build quality / weight seems good . The 3/6 shot function Dosnt seem to change power at all . The loading door seems a lot stronger ( initial impression ) I hope it is as this is most shotguns first failpoint

Have heard it can be slam fired but am dubious of reliability/ damage occurring with this way of using it . Usually the death of shotguns when used this way , time will tell .

Am now awaiting a spas version to add to my collection .

How noticeable is cool down on this gun ??