Tokyo Marui M870 Tactical Gas Tri-shot Shotgun- picture, text and video review

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Afternoon guys.   This morning I was very lucky to receive my brand spanking new Tokyo Marui Remington M870 Tactical, from the good folks over at Redwolf UK.   This is a text/ video review for now

Chopped the barrel and added an ATI heat shield- quite happy with the result!          

TM issues a product recall?   In other news, pigs spotted flying over Hampshire, Peter Mandelson is a force for good, David Cameron gets on his bike, Nick Clegg tells the truth and the Ministry of D

Posted Images

Testing out a prototype Stand off breaching device for a friend at Paradigm Rifle works. This one is just a prototype to see how it looks and fits, finished articles will be made from anodised aluminium. A few changes to be made but I think we are more or less there!

Mind telling me what shell holder that is? Is that prototype you are referring to the flash hider?

A few updates today.

Looking nice!

Is it possible for one of you two to test how many shell's you can go through on 3 round and 6 round?

Thank you!

Edited by BioRage

Anyone know how faithful in terms of weight dimensions etc it is to the RS? I was thinking about picking one up to use along side an RS 870 for practical shotgun.

Have you considered the APS CAM870 Shell ejecting shotgun? IMO that be more realistic then the TM, you can also practice shell reloads, etc.

Though judging by your signature you seem to be a TM enthusiast :P

How does it fit to the end of the barrel? I didn't take a look at the end when I was playing with a Breacher on monday but I'm definitely interested in one for when I splurge on a Breacher.

Just push fits over the end and secures using a grub screw. The production model will be made out of anodised aluminium and have all the holes aligned to their correct angles and there will be two screws that should locate either side of the magazine tube. I've also got 2 more prototypes in bound for testing which have a slightly different, more streamlined, design. I will update here as it progresses. 

Edited by DeltaZero

Anyone have issues with the tactical's stock area leaking if the output valve is tightened too much on the gas tank? I have to loosen mine to almost the point of leaking so that it makes full contact with valve inside the stock, otherwise the pressure from the green gas pushes the tank enough to cause a leak. I didn't have this issue with my first tactical, only this second one.

It's kind of funny how the TM is still lighter than the real steel, despite having a ton of extra mechanism and about three times as many parts. I wonder if we'll start to see major parts (barrels, receivers, stocks) being offered - assuming that they aren't already and excluding the not-yet-released Laylax wood kit, that is.

Got my full size yesterday.  Have to say, it doesn't seem to work as smoothly as my two breachers.  I think this might be the length of the gun, and I'm considering ordering an Angry Gun stock tonight to shorten the distance I have to reach for a full pull.  Apparently I have t-rex arms.

It feels like it half strokes easily, and sometimes it will fail to load rounds in the middle of the shell.  The next shot fire fine, but it will just randomly give me a dry fire from time to time.  

I've had feeding issues with my last tactical and breacher. The more I break it in, the less it happens. I found that this helps...

Remove tank, make sure there are no bbs in the gun.

Slam fire the shotgun multiple times, you're gonna have to do this MAYBE 50-100 racks. Take breaks in between. with no bbs or gas this is harmless. But it helped in both my guns with feeding.

• Like 1

Arg, there goes me luck.

When I place the mag in it starts to leak ASAP (not the mag, but as soon as I put it in) it leaks out. Can't even shoot it.

Anyone got a solution? 

(sorry bad quality video)

Video: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11333268/airsoft/TM%20Breacher/VID_20141007_204748nopm.3gp

2 pics:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11333268/airsoft/TM%20Breacher/IMG_20141007_205215nopm.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11333268/airsoft/TM%20Breacher/IMG_20141007_205305nopm.jpg

Edited by BioRage

Thanks for the reply gents.

Is the valve in the grip loose? Besides that you realy need to push that tank in hard, the gas pressure fights back

I do not think it's loose, I looked in it and well, I am not sure what I would use to tighten it. I don't think pliers would be a good idea. I did press it in real hard, and it still just vents out.

Check if the output valve is stuck (depressed). If not, you may be missing the oring that sits between the receiver and the grip

Could you provide a sample photo of the valve in the grip please. So I can see a reference of difference?