11.5" G&P WOC-X

Make: G&P
Gun/Model: WOC Commando
Condition: Unskirmished, alterations made, all details below
FPS: Stock
Splits/Swaps/Part Exchange: None, thanks
Price/Payment: £160 Shipped

Tarted up shot for demonstration purposes.  Images of the exact rifle for sale are further down:

c8fb9c67-3dfc-4812-a330-e6a264a358fb_zps

I'm currently in the process of moving away from the WA system and over to the KWA GBBs.  I've already sold on almost all of my G&P magazines and this is the first of the rifles that's going.

This started life as one of these WOCs:

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/product_detail1.php?search_From=searchItem&item=GP-GBR-WOC09&search=special&rs=commando&catid=&cat=

Which had the steel parts in the lower receiver (trigger, sear, hammer, bolt catch, magazine catch, firing pin block etc) but I've since surplanted the aluminium lower internals from another WOC-X I have, which is the main reason for the large reduction in price.  The intention originally was that I'd use this gun for training and practice at home so it's never been to a game and has seen maybe 2-300 shots through it at most.

Please do bear in mind however that all WA system guns are generally quite fiddly and finicky.  This one has always functioned just fine for me (when I had compatible mags that actually held gas) but these are not rifles at all suitable for new players, they are expensive to run purely in terms of magazine purchasing and gas consumption let alone anything else.  The realism is there in spades however, the blowback is crisp and the sheer action of operating/loading one of these rifles is good fun.  But it's just never going to be a serious skirmishing workhorse to fire thousands of rounds every month, not without spending a lot of money and time on maintenance.

Details on condition of parts, alterations & points to note:

Lower internals - The paint has been largely worn from the main face of the hammer and there is a small circular dent.  The bolt catch has some wear but it also has a piece of steel inset where the bolt carrier catches against it so it should be good for a while.  Apart from the the trigger, sear and auto sear in the lower reciever have seen very little action.  The buffer unit and spring are stock units, somewhere in the middle between a heavy recoil and high RoF setup.

Bolt carrier group - Both the carrier and nozzle are stock and have a small amount of wear (mainly paint on the outside of the bolt carrier).  It should be shooting at an FPS level appropriate for most UK skirmish sites based on the information from WGC since the inner barrel is still stock but I'm afraid I don't own a functioning WA system mag to be able to chrono.  Gun is currently 'dry' so it'll need some lube before use.

Outer/inner barrel and hop - All exactly as supplied, standard A2 style muzzle device with the collar behind it removed to sit flush against the end of the outer barrel.

Trigger guard - I have swapped the stock one for a Magpul Industries replacement in OD, but unfortunately I messed up the swap of the rear pin and snapped a part of the mounting point on one side, so the rear of the guard is super-glued in place as is the broken section.  It's held in firmly and not going to suddenly drop off during firing by any means.  Close-up view:

IMG_1755_zps7635f4e2.jpg

Pistol grip - Stock A2 replaced with Magpul Industries MOE in OD imported from the US.

Collapsible Stock - Standard LE type, bit of wobble.

Gas block - G&P VLTOR style low-pro block fitted.  This mounts via vertical allen bolts so at the moment it is not in the place it would be realistically, it is forward of the gas port on the barrel because I liked the aesthetic of the position just at the end of the rail.  This can be changed quite easily with just a set of allen keys and a flat head screwdriver.  Rifle is not supplied with a fake gas tube.

Dust cover - Came out of the box looking rather gnarly, detailed pictures:

IMG_1761_zps78c4214e.jpg

IMG_1758_zpsa60b9ea2.jpg

Handguard - Stock plastic handguards replaced with a Madbull 9" Daniel Defence Omega rail.  Slight gap between 12 o/clock rail and upper receiver rail due to the G&P barrel nut not being screwed on fully by G&P.  Unfortunately while it is extremely solid in terms of mounting with zero wobble, the handguard itself is a bit off spec in terms of the width of the rails.  XT (two of which are supplied in OD) and Ladder covers can be squeezed on but XTMs will not fit and most properly-proportioned 20mm accessories will also not fit if they have a fixed width (things like the AFG, KAC cover panels, foregrips that slide on from the front rather that having a QD lever).  Items that have a screw or adjustable QD mounting should attach (PEQ boxes, TangoDown grip replicas).

All round views of the rifle as it will be sent out:

IMG_1752_zps2425fd30.jpg

IMG_1754_zps4a48a1bf.jpg

IMG_1756_zps758253e6.jpg

IMG_1757_zps11af8be8.jpg

Payment can be via paypal (buyer paying fees) or bank transfer (which incurs no fees).  The buyer will need to demonstrate to me some form of skirmishing defence within the rules of the VCRA, I cannot 2-tone.

I prefer to be as transparent as physically possible with any sales, especially with RIFs.  So if anybody interested has any questions or queries at all then please do message me to ask them.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived