Murdoc

Hi there!

I never made mashine gun, plus I don't have anything correct for my WW2 gebirgsjäger uniform.

There are some plans on the internet (they are made by Star Wars reenactors): Mg-34, 42, and 15. The pistol grip angle is bad for V3 box at both 34, and 42 (personallyI don't like 42). And I think that there will be never Mg-15 on the market. the magazine will easily accommodate a huge motor feed high cap.

So I searched /google for photos... I found many

Including a nice plan (stormtrooper heavy blaster):
MG15-WOF_zpse18306f9.gif

Definetly I would make this one:
Keacutep1_zps80318b6c.jpg
Sights are bit funny :D (planned for air/anti-air combat), but easy to make, and effective too...

Keacutep19_zpsb51d2e2b.jpg
That water cooled one is as ugly as hell (hence it has much usable sights), and maybe the trommelmagazine is better if using manual high cap or electric feed.

I know my limitations (I made M14, AKM, SV98 woodsets, some fiber glass M14 stocks, including bullpup), so there is no way for me to make it from steel or aluminium (if I want to do it at home). In addition it would be nearly 10 kgs...
The only possibility is make it from PVC (I started to like that stuff while making fake magazine for the SV98).

Printed out and guled together the blueprints.
DSCF2024_zps3d30abf5.jpg
It will be huge (1,3 meter without the buttsock).
I bought the PVC barrels (6cm diameter PVC tube for the body, 4cm for the ventillated heat shield, and 2 cm for the outer barrel).
Because the grip is at the end of the gun, it could have about 1,2 meter inner barrel...
It would be totally useless, so I put just my Marui AK47 internals in. To fix them I incorporate an old CYMA AK body into the 6cm tube (my friend supports the project :D ).

First I made the outer barrel, than I finished the gun itself. Now I'm making the details:

barrel_zpsc2a5604b.jpg

DSCF2205_zps0cf0dc3d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived