Sign in to follow this  
zushiku

Magpul PTS RM4 ERG Series.

Haha you know I was thinking similar the other day when we kept agreeing! I'll be honest I've had my hop apart a couple times since and patience is key, I went at it like a bull in a china shop the first time, hence the ripped rubbers.. Patience is key, just ease em in nice and slow so you can feel when its stretching too far and getting too tight.. 

Edit: I just read that back to myself.. just wow...

Will be dropping a TK Twist barrel into my Scout on Tuesday so will post results to see what happens. Have a Madbull Python and Steel Bull to experiment with as well. 

Edited by DeltaZero

Another days play with both CQB and the scout done. Gotta say the scout is fantastic and edging ahead as my favourite one of the pair. The recoil was getting comments from people 15feet away who could see it shaking as I fired it. :)

It performed flawlessly; as did the CQB! Very seriously thinking about selling my non ERG AEG's and using these exclusively.

• Like 2

Twist barrel, I thought only one company experimented with rifling airsoft barrels and found it was met with less than desirable results. 

But I too am interested in if a BTC Chimera would work as a replacement trigger switch. I've been looking to get all my AEGs upgraded with a full suite and that was one of the upgrades I was looking at.

But you guys don't feel you'd get better performance out of a Prommy 6.01 with a ER hop M nub combination over simply replacing the stock hopup nub? Or is it that the performance boost would simply not be as great as it would be on other rifles. 

• Like 1

I think for 1J or thereabouts guns the TK twist barrels are okay. Whether I'd use them I'm not sure. For me, my style of play and the sites I play at simply changing the standard hop rubber for a guarder one has given me everything I need in terms of range and shot to shot accuracy/consistency. I can't comment on whether an R-Hop would be even better as I've never used one; let alone in this platform :) you may find it is great but I have no need to mess with them now as the magic Airsoft fairy has blessed my guns with outstanding performance so I'm leaving them well alone in case I make it angry and they implode!!! ;)

The TK twist barrels are only effective at around the 328fps mark I think. My Scout is firing that so I'm going to give it a try. I noticed a massive difference in my HK417 when I put it in that! Personally I would stay away from a 6.01 barrel as I found they jammed more often. Never used an R-Hop either same as Phil but I've heard good things but have no need to mess around with them as they're perfectly good enough for where I play also. I want to see how the different barrels effect performance but I'll probably drop the stock one back in after as the TB barrels I have lying around are for polarstar projects!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

About the efficacy of the tk barrel, is the 328 fps before the barrel is installed? Or is it after?

That is...328 fps with the stock barrel....or 328 fps with the tk barrel installed?

Afaik, those barrels drop fps by as much as 30 fps...which means a 328 fps gun before the barrel could be shooting belpw 300....

And a 360 fps gun...would allow for 328 when the tk barrel is used .

Which setup would the tk barrel be most effective?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

As far as I am aware it is 328fps or 1J WITH the TK twist installed.

Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to test different barrels today. I've got a game coming up next week with a max of 345fps so don't want to be fiddling around too much just to be safe! I will test new bits and bobs after the game! Sorry gents! 

Selfish git ;) lol

Haha I only get the chance to play once every other month if that even so I don't want to risk having a bad day! Haha I will get some tests done ASAP after that though! 

How many rnds have you guys run through your guns so far? Also, how is the paint work holding up?

Mine are on around 10-12k now. Paint work is holding up reasonably well. Some wear on the usual places but nothing over the top I don't think! I don't baby the rifles either, it's holding up just fine. 

Probably about 10k through the CQB and maybe 6k through the scout. Both are performing well and the paint is holding up fine and they ain't getting babied when I use them either!!!

Brother from another mother seriously.. 

Newsflash: Airsoft GI has just posted up on YouTube a sneak peak at the new Lonex (bloody auto correct) Recoil M4.....the revolution has begun!!

Can't wait to see how it compares to the KWA...

Edited by Inq Eisenhorn

You mean Lonex? I presume it was auto correct? Yeah I saw that. Doesn't quite look as heavy as the RM4 to be honest but still a very good entry.. I would be interested to know if it has the bolt catch.. Looks like they're just using any old hicap in the video.

Maybe the release of a Standard bodied alternative will kick KWAs *albartroth* into gear and make them release theirs!! Please god I hope so! I need it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

:) yes Lonex and I was hit with auto correct.....

I love the engraved (stamped) body that Lonex has gone with.....its a nicer logo than the KWA in white. I'm just happy to see more companies go the recoil route for their AEG's, before long companies like G&G, ICS, G&P etc will either have to do something else or get out, because buying a standard AEG right now doesn't seem like a great way to spend money.

If I'm honest the KWA rear wired isn't on my shopping list because of the nasty trades....the PTS Mega ARMs and Olympic Arms (I think that's right)....if both rear wired, are on the list! This Lonex one could be another list buy.

Not bothered about the trades on the KWA its going to get coated with Krylon anyway. As for tramps it usually meths or white lightning from my experience .

What I found more interesting about the Lonex M4 ebb/recoil was the weight. 1-2 ounces more than a real M4, thats not bad going.

I'm just happy to see more companies go the recoil route for their AEG's, before long companies like G&G, ICS, G&P etc will either have to do something else or get out, because buying a standard AEG right now doesn't seem like a great way to spend money.

G&P just put their recoils on pre-release.

• Like 1

Yeah, the recoil seems really weak, but I'm more concerned with that  huge port in the buffer tube, and all the dirt that can get there easily. Maybe that's just a prototype? Still I was hoping for much more from G&P.

Just a question-anyone tried using black systema hop up bucking?

Edited by Nath

I'm pretty sure that's just a demo sample with a cut away to show how it works tbh.

The recoil looks pants though compared to an ERG so I think I'll stick with them for now.

When people are commenting on the recoil when you fire it from 15 feet away you know it's working well! That's what happened on Saturday :)

• Like 3

G&P just put their recoils on pre-release.

I'm giddy like a licking stick!!!! :)

With regards to how hard the recoil action looks.....if I'm honest none of the guns (even GBBRs) look to have much recoil when you see it on a video....I think you can only judge these things with hands on experience.

The great thing is, with so many companies releasing their version, the competition will be fierce as they fight for market share! Which will mean, I hope, stronger and stronger recoil! More models, and most importantly, prices will come down.....awesome prospects!

Edited by Inq Eisenhorn

Oh yeah the cutaway definitely is just to show the mechanism working. That'd be a MASSIVE dirt magnet for the internals on a full production rifle. 

As for how recoil looks on videos.. the RM4 recoil looked pretty impressive even on the videos.. better than the G&P for certain and I would say better than the Lonex too. You're right you loose how it actually handles and feels but you can still see the rifle recoiling. 

Fingers crossed it drives the competition and the market to make better and better recoil though. Would definitely be very interesting to see!