Sign in to follow this  
zushiku

Magpul PTS RM4 ERG Series.

Pics of before and after changing the front end, comp and extending the wiring into the peq box.

photo_zpse816563d.jpg

photo_zps2b4c89da.jpg

photo_zps4c09744e.jpg

Sexy gun. What brand of PEQ box and battery are you using? I've been thinking about doing the same think except with the Noveske NSR. 

• Like 1

We need RA-Tech to do a comparison of recoil in that little rig of theirs, it's probably the closest we'd get to entertaining empirical testing.

If I'm honest the KWA rear wired isn't on my shopping list because of the nasty trades....the PTS Mega ARMs and Olympic Arms (I think that's right)....if both rear wired, are on the list! This Lonex one could be another list buy.

There just lasered aren't they,  so easily replaced with decent ones?

Well I know the RM4 stock has more than a stock TM (although I wonder how much of a difference those aftermarket recoil kits change it like the custom Eagle6 one). 

What I want though is a more aftermarket friendly receiver. I know that if you do a buffer tube recoil system the lower will need to be slightly proprietary but please try to stop messing with your uppers too guys. 

Yup it would be nice to have the option to use regular AEG uppers but to be honest I don't think its too much of an issue, certainly isn't for me. You can get hold of spare uppers relatively easily from the KWA Pro shop apparently for a reasonable price so if you wanted dual uppers for one rifle you could go that route. 

Luckily for me. Being a longtime magpul ; the spec suits me perfectly. With the release of the standard M4 - whenever that might be then I will be more than satisfied and may just but a couple of uppers to have different configurations.

You and me both bro. Once that standard AR has been released I think for once I might actually not need to buy another rifle for a while! Maybe I'll be able to get my LM4s working properly rather than messing around with my other non RM4 AEGs.. I'm seriously considering selling everything else, I see you've already started! Once I get the 417 back from the shop it'll be going I think !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

True guys but I'd love to use MUR styled uppers (or since its PTS a Mega Arms would be nice too). I too am waiting on the standard AR receivers to get released Don't wanna mess around with my Scout for that Ares Stryke build I talked about in the other forum.

True guys but I'd love to use MUR styled uppers (or since its PTS a Mega Arms would be nice too). I too am waiting on the standard AR receivers to get released Don't wanna mess around with my Scout for that Ares Stryke build I talked about in the other forum.

More PTS guns based on the ERG system are being developed for release this year. Guns based on both the Mega Arns license and Centurion Arms license.

A Mega Arms RM4 will be released soon they are in production now apparently. Still no word on the standard AR receiver though.. I hope KWA get their act together fast! 

Can't remember off hand but did they go the extra mile and make the Mega Arms uppers one piece or is there a artificial break between the handguard and the upper receiver on the PTS version? 

As for your question. I think KWA said something at Shotshow earlier this year that the standard ARs should be coming out in the fall of this year. Could just have been a mistake saying it and that he wasn't suppose to but I remember hearing that during one of the interviews.

On the LM4 the upper receiver is a one piece rather than the 3 piece yes but as far as I can make out it's a 1 pieces on the Magpul RM4s too.. Unless the seam line is VERY VERY tight and has no wobble at all. My LM4s wobble like crazy but there are fixes around that remove the wobble at least!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Definitely. I never understood why KWA went down the 3 Piece route with the LM4.. Like I said you can remove the wobble but It'll never be as strong as a standard 1 Piece. I wish someone would come out with a single piece receiver set for the LM4.. or at least KWA redesign it and release it as standard! I'd buy a new rifle just for that if needs be! 

Definitely. I never understood why KWA went down the 3 Piece route with the LM4.. Like I said you can remove the wobble but It'll never be as strong as a standard 1 Piece. I wish someone would come out with a single piece receiver set for the LM4.. or at least KWA redesign it and release it as standard! I'd buy a new rifle just for that if needs be! 

to get round the ATF i believe. it was so it was different enough to a real upper that it could never be used as one. If i remember rightly.

to get round the ATF i believe. it was so it was different enough to a real upper that it could never be used as one. If i remember rightly.

The three piece upper was done purely for cost savings. The dimensions (mostly in terms of relative lengths between upper and lower and the mag well) were altered from othe GBBR designs to satisfy the ATF.

Ahh now that makes even more sense! Though It could've been made out of a two piece rather than a 4 (i've just counted the bits up, missed 1!) Would've meant less casting processes. I.e. sides of receivers and upper rail as one piece and then the actual receiver plate/barrel nut which is useable on both versions.. 

Can't remember off hand but did they go the extra mile and make the Mega Arms uppers one piece or is there a artificial break between the handguard and the upper receiver on the PTS version? 

As for your question. I think KWA said something at Shotshow earlier this year that the standard ARs should be coming out in the fall of this year. Could just have been a mistake saying it and that he wasn't suppose to but I remember hearing that during one of the interviews.

I also just read this properly.. I apologise for the confusion. As far as I am aware the Mega Arms uppers are split meaning you can remove the keymod system but you are not able to add your own choice of rail as the mounting solution for the keymod system is integrated into the receiver itself. If you click on the picture below it zooms it out nice and big so you can see what I mean in a reasonable amount of detail. 

1502649_647194675331878_806825351_o.jpg

As I remember it, LMT was involved in a lawsuit with Mega Arms, because LMT had the patent on monolithic uppers. Perhaps there's some of this mixed in with all this too.

The three piece upper was done purely for cost savings. The dimensions (mostly in terms of relative lengths between upper and lower and the mag well) were altered from othe GBBR designs to satisfy the ATF.

Thanks for clarifying that. I knew the ATF featured somewhere in the reasons but wasn't sure if it was dimensions or the parts themselves. :)