Sign in to follow this  
zushiku

Magpul PTS RM4 ERG Series.

The upper receiver front lug for the body pin is quite a bit thicker, as in wider, than a normal AEG receiver lug so I don't know.

As delta said, maybe with judicious use of a dremel it could work but it's a gamble.

Just bought another Scout as sadly sold my last one.

This one is a tad hot, although the recoil is far better than the one i had before which Firesupport fitted a sp100 in.

Have read through most of the thread and i am now a bit confused, am i right in thinking to keep the recoil as near as it is now i just cut approx 2 loops off the stock spring (currently with hop off its doing 370 on .20's) and not touch the recoil spring?

Next question can it done without stripping the whole aeg down?

Hope you can help.

Edited by blazed99

Yes that's correct. That's what I did and it seemed to preserve the recoil and yes again; you kny need undo the castle nut and sling plate then unscrew the whole buffer tube and you can access the main spring then. :)

Change all the rubberz for Guarder clear.. It's my go to rubber now.. Slings my shots to fantastic range and very good groupings.. Though saying that I had one in my P* running at 39rps and it completely shredded itself (was only testing to see how high I could get it, usually sits at around 18rps and a guarder clear is perfectly fine) So bear that in mind, and at the same time tell me how the hell you managed to get an RM4 to that high rps without causing so much friction the stock tube melted and your hair spontaneously combusted.. And if you did catch fire, I want a video :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Edited by DeltaZero

Yes froglube is a must! Patience is key! Easy does it! I think I split 2 when first doing it before thinking to apply the lube! Nightmare! Now I do it whether it needs it or not. Helps with air seal a little too!

Edited by DeltaZero

Pretty much any lube or grease that does not breakdown rubber or O-rings should be good enough to get the bucking in there. I am personally not fond of frog lube. But that is mostly because I've seen it do horrible things on real firearms. But that is off-topic to this thread.

4 rubbers torn now, giving up on the Guarders.

Put original back and its truly awful.

Land Warrior recommended Madbull Blues as not as prone to tearing as the Guarders.

Anyone tried the Blues?

Really is stupidly tight.

A friend of mine didnt have good results with the madbull blue that Land Warrior installed. They installed it wonkey and then even once I'd straightened it out it still wasnt very consistent. I don't know how you're not managing with the guarder, it definitely wasn't that hard.. Put a little silicone grease on the outside of the rubber and just gently push and twist slightly to get it in.. It's definitely possible I've done 5 RM4s with them now. 

Tried all the above gets so far and does not move any further.

Wonder if my hop unit is out.

Fitted loads of hop rubbers in the past and this by far the worst.

Strange. Mine was the worst but not impossible. Try it with a different rubber see how that fairs. I had a TM rubber in my scout before I switched to a Guarder clear. Was almost as good. A maple leaf 50 degree is pretty close too. I'm testing one in my P* at the moment, its got a different nub design which seems to have a bit more control. 

Yeah I wouldn't do that.. They did that to a friend of mines (same as the hop rubber) and it mis balanced the recoil and made it very inconsistent. Your best way to lower the fps is to clip a couple coils from the main spring do one at a time and test.

I'm gonna sound like a broken record here but do what delta said.

We are like twins separated at birth and often agree on anything RM4 related. This though is especially good advice. I did it and only lost a small amount of recoil, negligible really. When I started monkeying around with the recoil all sorts of bad happened.

• Like 1