Sign in to follow this  
zushiku

Magpul PTS RM4 ERG Series.

kwaERG_zps604e5860.jpg

KWA has updated part #340, the part that links the trigger contact to the movement of the sector gear cam.  Not sure when they did, but my boss got the part for me last week.. though it didn't do much.  The older and present versions are both made of steel, but as you can see, the older version snapped, and the newer one, after 10-15 shots of successful cut-off, stopped working, as it bent way too much.  I added some heatshrink to compensate for the bend, but it still wasn't enough to trigger the cut-off.  

KWA will probably end up replacing this gun, but just curious, has anybody had any similar problems?  Hopefully this one is just a lemon.

Edited by vilerk

Shorter barrels don't generally make much difference to FPS in airsoft though.. they'll have a small effect but nothing major. I've just received an order from KWA with a CQBR cylinder with a half inch port which I'm hoping will bring it down a bit. Still no spring set available from them unfortunately! 

Shorter barrels don't generally make much difference to FPS in airsoft though.. they'll have a small effect but nothing major in AEGs

Fixed

What about porting the barrel to bring down FPS? Should get some range increase as well - porting helps equalize this pressure before the BB leaves the barrel, thus reducing turbulence, and theoretically improving consistency

I don't know... Remember my CQB shot 380 OOTB and has no port.. I've got a ported cylinder from kwa here waiting to have a play around when I get back from Scotland and have some free time. Will keep the thread updated!

Also KWA are bringing out their version of a vanilla M4 before the end of the year I've been told.

Being dense.......

What's a vanilla M4?.......... :D

It's a sort of beige colour with tiny black flecks...

Some might say the 'vanilla' would have the KAC RAS but to my mind it'd be the plastic handguards:

m4.jpg

In the US military it'd perhaps be the RAS on an M4 (burst fire) whereas the plastic with auto is probably the most common 'stock' model in airsoft I'd imagine.

KWA's ERGs will be basically the ERG version of their LM4 line, with standard AR15 lower receiver and KWA laser markings:

• 14.5" barreled, carbine length M4A1 plastic handguard, crane stock, rear wired.

• 10.5" barreled, carbine length M4A1 plastic handguard, crane stock, rear wired.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hWAf_7Moyhk

The rear wiring is a very specific setup and must be used with the KWA crane stock until other compatible stocks become available.