Sign in to follow this  
zushiku

Magpul PTS RM4 ERG Series.

1. Are you going to do a take down/ write up on internals?  I'd love to see how this thing ticks, and how it compares to my Bolt B4A1.

2. If you're not going to tear it down, mind posting some pictures of the exploded view of the manual?

In either case, good write up.  Can't wait to see some accuracy/ grouping test :)

I do not plan on taking it down unless something breaks at this current time.

Here is a blown up image from Ehoby however!

tLLnrsa.jpg

*THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH SOME ERGs AND HERE IS HOW TO SOLVE IT!*

I had someone contact me regarding thei brand new ERG not working after firing a mag through it 

If you try hiting the bolt release and that doesn't work do not fret, all you have to do is the following:

• Flip the gun upside down, and look down the magwell (inside where you remove your magazine)
  • Look for a black plastic tab. This is the tab release for the bolt catch.
  • Move it around a bit and it should begin to fire.
  • Put a little bit of silicon oil where the tab is to prevent further issues.

A few of the ERG's coming from Hong Kong had the black tab dry up and cause the gun to seize up and not fire at all. This should fix it for you!

Edited by zushiku
  • Like 1

Got mine in alittle while ago. Had them swap out the front triangle with a ICS railed gas block since it was one of the few I could find that would sit flush with the receiver letting me run front and rear Mbus's. I know doing this with real steel would just melt my front sight but it looks damn good here. 

I'd say my BOLT SOPMOD has more recoil than the RM4 but that BOLT doesn't have as many bells or whistles either like the locking bolt and electric cutoff.

Anyone think you would be able to transplant that bb guide from the RM4 magazines to other 120rd midcaps?

Just would be nice to have the electric cutoff and a normal midcap capacity. 

Yea I know personally one of BOLTs two US distributor and due to BOLT messing up his orders so many times delaying my gun he got me one of the first US side SOPMODs.

I told him BOLT should pair up with Airsoft Systems and sell BOLTs with the ASCU Mosfet and electronic hopup already installed so that they can compete with the RM4s and TM Recoil Shock series. 

Anyone think you would be able to transplant that bb guide from the RM4 magazines to other 120rd midcaps?

Just would be nice to have the electric cutoff and a normal midcap capacity. 

Was thinking about this myself, but it wouldn't give the cut off feature. it enables the gun to fire the last few bb's which other guns drop when you remove the mag. The cut off is elsewhere on the mag.

I don't think so. I know how much most sites love AIrsoft GI but they did a breakdown of the gun and several points mentioned that the cutoff is acheived with that extended guide rod.

First at around a 1:30 and second during the breakdown at around 6:10.

Now I am not saying they are 100% right but this is at least were I got the idea of transplanting guide rods,

Which didn't ICS do a similiar guide for their magazines? At least ht the SIG series?

Fantastic gun so far, but then again I've only messed with it at home :D

Side by side next to my Marui CQB-R the recoil was definitely much more substantial. Feels better than my MP7, almost the same as when I shot a KSC AK74gbb. 

I installed a Firefly nub and am getting FPS fluctuations, wondering how everyone else is doing with stock nubs? I'm consistent for 5-8 shots then jumps about 15-20fps.

I need some advice on lowering FPS. Since the gun uses a shorter and heavier spring has anyone seen any aftermarket springs for it, or recommendations on how many coils to cut. I need it shooting 330 max with a .2 for the local rules, or else I'm restricted to semi like its a GBB. I tried a normal m100 without thinking at first, gave me 330 with a .2, but when I switched to .25 I got 280. I'm assuming its probably not smart to run a standard length AEG spring. I tried an M100 spring made for Marui ebb's and it shot 180fps haha, oh ad burst fired on semi. 

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Well done Edgar Brothers, as usual... I guess it can't really be helped though, I guess at the end of the day it isn't really their call.

Wonder if this is for real? They're selling OK in the US for far.

lololololol

If this is true:

As *fruitcage* if anyone's going to the trouble of posting back their rifle just for it to get put in a crusher and land-filled.  I've long had a niggling feeling that Edgar Bros were largely run by total ******* and that sort of thing does nothing to dispel the idea.

Edited by CKinnerley

I can confirm they are being recalled for a technical issue . The reasons for this have not been released by Redwolf though and users are free to make their own conclusions .

All Redwolf have confirmed is that the technical issue is material related and that it was absolutely beyond their control 

Edited by 1st Commando

I can confirm they are being recalled for a technical issue . The reasons for this have not been released by Redwolf though and users are free to make their own conclusions .

All Redwolf have confirmed is that the technical issue is material related and that it was absolutely beyond their control 

Them be the reasons :)

• Like 1

They are awaiting testing for CE Certificates to ensure they are ROHS Compliant, until this is done no one can legally sell them in the UK. Redwolf UK had/has some and has been told in no uncertain terms they can not sell them until the test has been carried out, probably at the factory.

Its such a shame. Using the one I had even for one day put a big smile on my face. I will be returning mine as requested not that I'm not tempted to keep it but given my profession I cant have enforcement officers turning up at home to collect it.

Enforcement?  I am one hundred and ten percent certain nobody is going to go round people's houses forcibly taking non-ROHS complaint airsoft replicas.  How many china clones are out there now which don't meet the laws?  Tons.  No government entity has given even the slightest of hints about caring maybe even possibly caring about those.

Honestly, I can't imagine a more farcical scenario.  If they actually had police (or anyone else) out doing that I'd have to start strongly thinking about emigrating.

I'll believe it when I see it and I don't believe I'll be seeing it.

In the states they're worrying about potential confiscation of actual rifles and we're posturing on the chances of people knocking at your door to take away some bloody RIFs that might have a bit of lead in them somewhere?  I can't be the only one who finds the notion absurd.  This sounds like foil-hat theorising to the extreme.

Fact is very simple either way, it has not happened.  IF it does then I'll say 'fair enough' and start weighing up options of other places I'd like to live.  Until that time however, it is nothing but conjecture.

I doubt very much it will ever be a case of them visiting end users but I can confirm they have sights firmly locked onto airsoft with the help of certain individuals and will begin stopping any electronic airsoft gun they see being imported and destroy it if it does not have the current UK paperwork (which changes without notice on a whim).

The importer is the one responsible for ensuring it has the correct paper work so I wouldn't worry if you bought a gun in the UK as it's only if you import it that they will stop it and speak to you