Sign in to follow this  
zushiku

Magpul PTS RM4 ERG Series.

That rear wiring system reminds me of how BOLT figured out that same problem.

I'm more interested on when the EPM ERG mags will come out. Been putting off on picking up more ERG mags since I prefer the EPM style and it would make it easier for me to distinguish between them and my regular EMAGs.

As far as I am aware yes. Standard barrel nut pal. Everything I have tried to fit on mine has fitted. Anymore questions it might be worth checking out the ERG Facebook group. Theres quite a bit of info on the sticky and if it's not covered there, we are all happy to answer Questions!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/778600538840596/?fref=ts

Nice!!

I want the Colt AR15 version...

Don't we all. But as DeltaZaro said get comfy, we could be in for a long wait. It's not like KWA haven't dangled a carrot and kept everyone waiting for an eternity, before.

Hey guys, I got a few questions and I'm trying to knock out two birds with one stone so hear me out.

I am trying to find out if I can take the upper receiver from a Krytac LMG and install it on the lower receiver of a PTS ERG, I know to do this I need to remove the charging handle and fake bolt along with getting the front receiver pin hole cut down to fit normal aeg uppers. But is there anything else that I need to worry about? Like is the gearbox shell wider or untraditional in other ways that I will need to deal with?

I then am going to take that LMGs gearbox and attempt to use it on a VFC M27 build. It bugs the hell out of me that my M27 does not have the ambi safety like the real one (or TMs for that matter). I have a friend that could buff away the original Krytac trades and place some new M27 marine trades so I'm good on that. I'm just not sure if the 416 series uses a standard lower or if it's modified in some way. Just covering my bases since I know their uppers are unique to account for their own rail system.

I know it won't be easy but I don't think it's impossible either.

Same plan as me.  A guy on the FB ERG Page has managed to get an ordinary upper to fit on an ERG lower so it is possible, though the biggest problem is apparently securing the rear of the upper, he bodged it with cable ties ( zip ties to you ).

Hey guys.  Having an issue with my ERG.  After using an ERG mag and the cut off feature is engaged, I cant seem to get it to reset after pushing the bolt catch.  I have to manually push the small little sliding piece under the lever back into place.  It springs back as soon as I slightly lift or push it, but it should be doing this on its own when I push the bolt catch.  I really dont want to have to take this thing apart.  Does anyone know a solution?  

It's happened to most people.. just put a few dabs in the general area and wobble both levers around a bit and it'll get going again.. seems they get stuck every now and then so it's just something I do before a skirmish now! 

So I just got an rm4 in a trade but there is no connection, I tested the battery and it works fine and I bypassed the fuse as well as removed the motor.

The current from one end to the other on the black wire works fine but when I pull the trigger for the red no connection. There is no damage to the wire or anything and the gearbox has never been opened. Help?

Same plan as me.  A guy on the FB ERG Page has managed to get an ordinary upper to fit on an ERG lower so it is possible, though the biggest problem is apparently securing the rear of the upper, he bodged it with cable ties ( zip ties to you ).

I'm getting in touch with a shop that has some real equipment. The guy your talking about mentioned having to cut away the rear tabs. I'm thinking there wasn't enough space to fit inbetween the gearbox and the lower so I hope this shop could dremel away alittle of the inside of the lower to allow those tabs to fit and hopefully still be able to just use the normal rear body pin. 

Hey guys, I haven't used my RM4 in more than 1 year, so I brought it to the shop to get the bits and pieces lubed up. Problem is... guys at the shop said they couldn't open up the gearbox because they couldn't disassemble the mag release. In general terms, I was told that there's this screw holding the mag release in place and they couldn't get it to move without fear of breaking something... due to the screw being tightly threadlocked or whatnot. The shop even gave me my money back. Anyone else had this happen?

You don't need to take the mag release out to get the gearbox out ;) it doesn't pass through the gearbox she'll like in a normal AEG.

They are particularly unpleasant little beasts on the RM4 though and very hard to remove. The screw is made from something approaching soft warm cheese but without the strength!

Edited by Philbucknall
  • Like 1