Magpul PTS RM4 ERG Series.

Well. In the interim I was bored so out came the dremel and off came two coils of the main spring. The results?..........

And she's back baby! Well about 90% recoil impulse. Just blasted a mag off and got that tingle in the shoulder feeling it was lacking. I may still order the spares just in case but yeah, I'm happy again :)

Oh and fps was around 318 on .25 BB's so that equates to 355 on .20's according to the online calc I use so it's all good for where I play! Yay.

• Like 1
  • Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you're misusing the phrase 'prone to failure', and even if you weren't, the Recoil Shock is a modern design not known for failures to feed or dropping 100fps at random. In addition to that, th

Pics of before and after changing the front end, comp and extending the wiring into the peq box.      

Could just be that we airsofters are a fickle bunch who constantly need to get the latest shiny things.

Posted Images

Be aware if you are reducing the power by using a ported cylinder (further forward than it's supposed to have) it means the air pressure stops before the BB has left the barrel, the BB can start to rattle about in the barrel and reduce your accuracy hugely... You'll reduce the FPS but your shot to shot consistency may well go down the toilet :-p

Edited by Feyd

Picked up the 'last Scout' (reference to old Bruce Willis movie) yesterday at UNCompany!! Like everyone says the rifle feels solid and the test shots I had, did put a grin in my face! (quickly emptied a clip in store!)

Fps was 389, so purchased a M100 and a M90 ready for some spring changes later

Be aware if you are reducing the power by using a ported cylinder (further forward than it's supposed to have) it means the air pressure stops before the BB has left the barrel, the BB can start to rattle about in the barrel and reduce your accuracy hugely... You'll reduce the FPS but your shot to shot consistency may well go down the toilet :-p

I'm just gonna leave it as is for now and see how it performs tbh.

I emailed KWA over 3-4 days ago now and they haven't got back to me at all. But surprised after Everton said how good they are. But there we go.

I'm the same way. I ran one for a while with a g36 RIS but just hated how much of a pain in the *albatross* they were. 

If I ever decide to use the RM4 as something other than a glorified mapgul rifle I'll likely swap out the front end for something like a CASV. 

I'm curious on if we will be able to rewire our models after the new series comes out to the rear if they supply us with the newly designed buffer tube. Just feels like you have alot more freedom with customizing rear wired guns if your running a stick lipo. 

Would still mean that I couldn't use my two favorite stocks (Magpul UBR and ACE Sopmods) but that'd be more due to the recoil assembly than the wiring.

Edited by steelfallenangel
  • Like 1

Im currently working on plans to adapt a RM4 buffer tube to accept a UBR stock at the moment.. doesn't seem too hard.. think I'll just need to remove the "box" section that keeps the stock in line etc.. 

I was thinking of the UBR stock but have spent enough at the moment, isn't the UBR a straight swap though as it has a magpul stock already ?

I dont see how that can work though.. the recoil weights travel the whole distance of the buffer tube. And they're solid with springs and stuff... Where are the wires going?

Or are you talking about the way they run the wire through the stock tube itself with connectors at the end?

Yup. They will probably be using a crane stock. The magpul versions will probably remain front wired.

If you run the moe stock fully extended, you'll have room for a battery...but you won't be able to collapse the stock.

The down side of the guys mod is it probably affects how the stock slides on the buffer tube. He was probably better off picking up a vfc 416 stock to replace the marui one but I digress.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm predicting the Magpul version will soon die a death for PTS, and they'll no doubt make they're replacement RM4 based on the MEGA Arms MKM rifle.....given the Key Mod rail and the soon to be released KWA ERG, my guess the replacement PTS will also be rear wired as well!!