Magpul PTS RM4 ERG Series.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you're misusing the phrase 'prone to failure', and even if you weren't, the Recoil Shock is a modern design not known for failures to feed or dropping 100fps at random. In addition to that, th

Pics of before and after changing the front end, comp and extending the wiring into the peq box.      

Could just be that we airsofters are a fickle bunch who constantly need to get the latest shiny things.

Posted Images

No definite ETA though it is expected to be this year. The receiver will be a billet receiver with Centurion Arms' approval. The designs are all final except for the accessories. We're trying to get that nailed down right now. I believe it will definitely come with an ERG compatible EPM and the new PTS OEM pistol grip. Not sure about the stock though as it's still being refined and may not make it in time for the rifle's production. If not, it'll be rear wired with a crane stock.

I was heavily involved in the pistol grip design but can't comment on that currently. I will say it's changed considerably since the few prototypes we showed at Shot Show. It also had a lot of input from shooters in the SF community as well as competition shooters.

Regarding the ERG EPM capacity I suspect it'll be the same as the ERG PMAG (30/60). Though don't hold me to that.

CCW and both of mine had a little grub screw in them ;)

Ok, found the tiniest hex I had (1.5) and yeah ccw it is.

Stock fps came out between 390-400fps!!! Swapped main spring to a Guarder M100 to get a more reasonable average of 338 fps on 0.2. Obviously the recoil kick has dropped but it does feel ok.

Going through my set of springs I had a stock spring from my PDR and it was equal in length to the stock spring in my RM4. Tried it out and the recoil was better and the fps was 338-340!!! So something about maintaining the shorter length of the main spring helps keep the recoil kick feeling great.... I can only think it must the length of travel for the recoil weight affects the feeling of kick.

post-77631-0-86360300-1398530014_thumb.jpg

Edited by Deadmeat

Yeah I thought that. Mine has a shorter spring from an old gearbox my local techie opened up. The spring was the same length as the stock spring but lower power and the kick isn't far off original.

Glad you're enjoying it buddy. Looks fantastic!

How do you find the MOE light mount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I like the MOE mount, it fits well but basically offers a small picatinny rail for your regular torch or laser etc... Seems to be a good fit for the Magpul look. I've combined it with the pressure switch being mounted on a MOE illumination kit too so it's pretty sweet.

Oh, mine has the holes to screw the torch directly into it but my Surefire M93 has the screws too far apart to fit into the holes. So take a closer look at your model of flashlight and compare it with the screw spacing (only approx 2-3cm apart!)

Yeah thanks man. I've got a Surefire M600 that it'll mount straight into :)

I've bolted the element MOE illumination kits on mine using M600 lights on element gear sector style mounts. They look good IMHO and keep the light close to the foresight. I'll take some photos when I've finished playing with my new TM M870 ;)

You're in the same boat as me at the moment the gear sector clones are fantastic I think. But I need my gear sector for my TM M870 and a M300 so I thought id try the MOE Mount for the RM4 Scout.

Right now I'm feeling very chuffed with my RIF collection. 2 RM4s, TM M870 and a Polarstar custom build amongst a few unusual normal AEGs and more pistols than I dare count.. Can't complain!

I'm waiting for a surefire M870 clone lighted foregrip for my new TM. ;)

Ahhh fair enough! I've got a G&P metal forgrip with bolt on rails on mine. Waiting for the G&P sliding stock tube to be released!

Any idea of a comparative brand that would mimic the spring from that PDW? Looking to downgrade the FPS of my own to around the 350 mark and would love to keep as much of the recoil as I could.

Mine came from a King Arms Thompson dropped it to around 340 and kept most of the recoil.

Regarding the ERG EPM capacity I suspect it'll be the same as the ERG PMAG (30/60). Though don't hold me to that.

Try and talk them into a higher capacity version. The higher the better as long as it stays mid cap and maintains cut off with last round feed.

I doubt it'll be possible based on how the ERG mag system works but it doesn't hurt to ask (though I have asked before). The other difficulty is getting an OEM to do something or investigate the possibility of something as requested. It's not always that simple.

• Like 1