Magpul PTS RM4 ERG Series.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you're misusing the phrase 'prone to failure', and even if you weren't, the Recoil Shock is a modern design not known for failures to feed or dropping 100fps at random. In addition to that, th

Pics of before and after changing the front end, comp and extending the wiring into the peq box.      

Could just be that we airsofters are a fickle bunch who constantly need to get the latest shiny things.

Posted Images

People seem to be getting a little confused. The magazine follower and the magazine's system cut off tab are two separate things that work together but are separate nonetheless. I'm pushing them to try and make sure the regular AEG midcaps feed as many of the mag's rounds as possible (preferably every last one). The ERG mags are built completely differently and are internally very different.

I'm interested in picking up one of these...probably the shorter CQB version. I had been planning on buying a TM HK416, but they're expensive...even for a TM fanboy like me.

How does the range compare to the TM recoils (AK, SOPMOD, 416 etc)? I'm wondering how effective the hop is on this thing, compared to benchmark TM AEG's?

Range is the biggest factor for me playing outdoors. My AKS-74U has really nice range, but to up the FPS to 350, I spent a small fortune modding the gearbox heavily to achieve this. Not sure I want to go through that again on a £500-550 TM.

For indoor play, I'm wondering how quick the semi-auto can keep up for rapid single shot CQB games?

Thanks.

The range on mine I would say is fantastic, I've dropped a Guarder clear rubber in there which gave it even better groupings with a little added range. I haven't directly compared it to a TM but I would say it must be on par. Or very close at least.

As for Semi keeping up with rapid shots I play with Semi only practically all the time and I've not managed to lock it up yet. You can definitely get a good fast pace going without having to worry.

No complaints for me and I'm used to instant trigger response from a P*. It's not as quick but its certainly very good. 

• Like 1

I can vouch for around the 60m mark, but bear in mind that mine are running as standard! Even though these guns will do the range, I'd say you can reliably expect accuracy up to 40m....50m if you spend the time and seriously aim.

Trigger response is crisp, not as on point as a GBBR, but not as mushy as my other AEG's.

TM rifles do sound nicer though!!

See I disagree there. I really like the thud of the RM4.. It's a satisfying solid "thwack" rather than the TM's softer "thunk".

To be honest, its so easy to put a new hop rubber in them it's the best thing I would suggest doing to everyone. For the benefits you get you'd be silly not to. 

Again. delta and I are in agreement. I've heard a few TM's and they don't have anywhere near the satisfying "thwunk" the RM4 delivers.

I fired off two mags whilst in a guard post and when I left the structure my ears were properly ringing!!!

Regarding the hop rubbers. Both of mine struggled to hit 15m with the std rubbers. As soon as I swapped them for guarder 50deg ones they were like lasers!! Pew pew lasers of awesomeness! ;)

Edited by Philbucknall

See I disagree there. I really like the thud of the RM4.. It's a satisfying solid "thwack" rather than the TM's softer "thunk".

To be honest, its so easy to put a new hop rubber in them it's the best thing I would suggest doing to everyone. For the benefits you get you'd be silly not to.

Don't get me wrong, the sound is really a minor thing, hence why I have 3 RM4's and 0 TM Recoil Shocks. I'm probably going to put a couple of 1000 rnds through the standard system before I even contemplate 'upgrades', just so I can make an educated judgement on where I feel I would want more from the gun......so far it's delivering what I need.

Wow, 15m....that's insanely bad, thankfully none of mine struggled to reach out to about 60m (did my 'testing' at the purpose built range at Gunman Airsoft The Grange)

Edited by Inq Eisenhorn

Yep, able to hit a torso sized target at 60m 8/10 times. At about 25-30m I'm able to hit a baked bean can sized target 9/10 times. I love the scout version. The CQB is a little less accurate but only cues it kick more but it's still more than capable.

That's why I haven't even thought of changing the barrels as with the guarder rubber they are supremely accurate.

I'm with Phil here.. Same results with both my Scout and CQB. Just that one simple upgrade and it is literally amazing.

I'm using 0.3g bbs and have very nice accuracy at 60m seriously can't fault these things.

I wouldn't even change the barrel either, absolutely no need!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Ok compatibility question here. I'm at work an am day dreaming away. I can't open it up actual gearbox right now and would rather not unless I actually need to. What is the compatibility with trigger switches? I have a feeling it'll be proprietary. Any chance of putting a BTC Spectre in there?