Magpul PTS RM4 ERG Series.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you're misusing the phrase 'prone to failure', and even if you weren't, the Recoil Shock is a modern design not known for failures to feed or dropping 100fps at random. In addition to that, th

Pics of before and after changing the front end, comp and extending the wiring into the peq box.      

Could just be that we airsofters are a fickle bunch who constantly need to get the latest shiny things.

Posted Images

nope :) back and forth all day long and slamming into your shoulder. After ten mags, you really know you've fired it. Not like a painful feeling but theres something. Its just so different to an AEG as is the sound and so much more reliable than GBBR's, which i've had three of so i know the pros and cons of each system.

• Like 1

Same reason why I go for marui recoil shock aeg's. :) every time I field one, someone always asks if its a gas blowback m4/scar. It just sounds so smooth and snappy. None of that distinctive aeg whine.<br /><br />Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

• 2 weeks later...

Ok gentleman! I've just received my RM4 absolutely beautiful! It's shooting too hot for UK sites unfortunately at around 378-382 fps. I need it at 340-350. I realise its got a different spring to standard AEGs. Can someone suggest how to to get the fps down? Can I get hold of another spring somehow? 

Cheers

You could just cut a couple of coils off the existing one. Not ideal but they are quite short anyway so a standard AEG spring could cause issues and even ramp up the fps.

It's dead easy to get to the spring. You just need to loosen the castle nut, take out the small Allen bolt on the sling plate. Move them both back far enough so nothing fouls the receiver and then twist off the buffer tube. The spring will come out the rear but be careful if it's under tension so it doesn't launch across the room.

• Like 1

You think that'd work? I don't want to cut the springs then muck up the blow back action.. How much do you reckon I would need to cut off? I'm very wary as to getting it wrong! I'm trying to talk to KWA Pro Shop to see if they have other springs available.. I cant find much online about them at all! 

Mine was bought second hand from a bloke on here so I don't really know much about it to be honest, I would presume it was an ebairsoft purchase. You're right though two identical guns will almost definitely have different readings but 60fps ish is quite a big difference. 

I'm going to shoot PTS an email now, do you have a direct email you could PM me rather than going through their contact form? I emailed KWA the day before yesterday and have had nothing back!

Cheers

The difference in FPS between the Scout length and CQB length is a result of the two guns using different pistons (the cqb version has a huge port.) The spring in both guns is exactly the same.

You have two options for lowering the FPS of the Scout...

1 - Cut your spring. I've done this by cutting down a M120 spring by a few coils. This option works, but does lessen the recoil of the gun.  

2 - Order the larger ported CQB piston from KWA and swap this part out. This involves opening the gear box. I've done this method and am very happy with the results. 

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

From the photos I'd seen of the scout disassembled it looked identical to the cqbr when I had it apart but maybe I missed something. The piston etc looked the same however.

Just go on the PTS website and email them through there. It worked for me and they got back to me within one working day.

Edited by Philbucknall

That's what I've done, no reply so far! Will hang on a few more days then email again. 

Looking at the PTS website with the technical specification for both rifles the Scout is marked to have a 20fps difference to the CQBR so there must be something different. Doesn't really make sense right now, unless it really is the extra length of barrel that is causing the difference. 

Either way I am bloody chuffed with it! Can't put it down! Once they bring out a standard Colt bodied version I will be having one of those for certain!

Edited by DeltaZero

in the ERG there is the main spring and behind th recoil weight there is a shorter spring of the same diameter .

We found that if you replace the short spring with one of the power you would normally use to achieve the desired fps in an aeg . then cut it to the length of the one you took out , you will get around the desired fps 

EG , we took the short spring out and replaced them with M100 aeg springs that we cut to the length of the original recoil spring and this gave us 330 fps on average but maintained recoil (in fact it seemed to possibly increase it 

• Like 2

Oh really? Thats very interesting. I managed to get mine down to an acceptable level by leaving the spring compressed over night and having the hop dialled in appropriately. I took the rifle out to a skirmish today, absolutely fantastic thing, really really cannot fault it! Had a bit of an issue with a sticky bolt catch but some silicone sorted that out! Even with the torrential rain we had today it was a trooper and just kept on running! My hop was very effective I found and slung a .30g bb a good fair distance at a very effective accuracy!  I really loved the build quality and the general feel of the rifle, was lovely to play with genuinely! 

Overall I am genuinely chuffed to bits with mine, I really can't fault it! The recoil is just fantastic and it makes a brilliant noise when firing! Love it so much I've just ordered another 3 mags to add the the 7 I already have! 

I majorly have my fingers crossed for KWA to release a standard bodied AR version along with GI magazines! 

If you didn't guess I genuinely am really pleased with this! 

I majorly have my fingers crossed for KWA to release a standard bodied AR version along with GI magazines! 

If you didn't guess I genuinely am really pleased with this! 

I am so happy with mine I've another one coming because I can't wait for this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqUlX3nZ9ew&feature=youtube_gdata

Edited by Boom3r

Just been looking at the parts diagram in the back of the manual.. Interestingly it does look like the CQBR and the Scout have different springs. They have different part numbers.... as most of the parts have the same numbers its unlikely that they've given the same part two different numbers!

Edited by DeltaZero

Hi guys, I've had a thought... 

I was looking at my RM4 yesterday and cant help but think it'd look beautiful with a UBR stock on it.. Has anyone thought to install a GBBR UBR stock on theirs? I was looking at the castle nut and it looks to have a different diameter stock tube which could be an issue, Maybe it'd be possible to make the OEM stock tube fit the UBR stock by removing the square shaped stock runner? 

Anyone got any thoughts?