Magpul PTS RM4 ERG Series.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you're misusing the phrase 'prone to failure', and even if you weren't, the Recoil Shock is a modern design not known for failures to feed or dropping 100fps at random. In addition to that, th

Pics of before and after changing the front end, comp and extending the wiring into the peq box.      

Could just be that we airsofters are a fickle bunch who constantly need to get the latest shiny things.

Posted Images

Nope theyre designed differently.. A normal magazine the bb feeder is raised only whereas the RM4 magazine the whole top section is raised to house the bolt stop function. It would foul with the gearbox I would presume. I've only got 2 RM4s and a Polarstar and it doesnt fit the Polarstar which is a drop in for the V2 gearbox. 

1682B332-3DAB-4103-968F-157FFFFC5686.jpg

Edited by DeltaZero
  • Like 1

I have been reading this thread with interest as I got my ERG Scout from HK just before Xmas, this was running about 370fps on .20's but had hop problems as in the hop rubber was deformed.

I have tried many different hops from my "box of bits" and only a TM hop rubber would fit. I also thought what the hell lets put a tight bore in and see what happens....

So TM hop rubber and Madbull tight bore = 345 fps on .20's.....nothing else has been altered !!!!

On a different note I have just had delivered a Madbull Daniel Defense Ris II and compensator along with a PEQ battery box for a different look. Before and after pics to follow..........

• Like 1

I managed to squeeze a guarder clear in there with a bit of lubrication. Very tight fit though! I haven't change the barrel but the change of bucking and nub made a very big difference. Saying that on my scout I had no problem accuracy wise, my CQBR did and I started messing with it and the scout hop to work out difference and I messed them both up. So they both have guarder clears in now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Clear guarder hops in both of mine too. Buggers to fit as deltaZero has said but worth it. I also left the standard barrels in. No need to change them yet I thought.

Just need to change the main spring and reinstall the stronger recoil spring now to get it just right then I'll have two little beauty's!!

• Like 1

Just to update on the effect of changing the main spring, I've run over 10000 rounds through each of my RM4s now and had the gearboxes open last night. Can't see any signs of abnormal wear from changing the springs. So touch wood things are set to go from there. My assumption would be that KWA have used a shorter but stronger spring to compensate for the space taken up by the recoil mechanism but I can only guess. Either way both are running solidly on the new springs so I think its a safe bet.

To be clear all I have now changed is the main spring NOT the recoil spring. Originally I changed the recoil spring but have since put the original back in after changing the main spring. 

Edited by DeltaZero
  • Like 1

Just out of curiosity (and probably a silly question) do ERG magazines work in normal AEG? Feeding every last BB is always a plus.

If you're after Mid Caps that feed every last BB, try the G&G ones - they have an extended follower which protrudes similar to the ERG mags when empty, but is meant for normal AEGs. I've only tried the M4 pattern mags, I'm not sure if the same applies to other Mid Caps they manufacture.

• Like 1

Yeah, I can get a photo for you if you like? They are the standard M4 pattern magazines, 79 rounder. Marui compatible, as most would say. I used to fret about the followers becoming damaged so have since changed to other brand mids, but there's really nothing wrong with the G&G ones at all and they really do feed until the last round.

You're welcome. :)

Right I've put the original recoil spring back in and a full length guarder SP100 and it's much better now. Power is 323fps and the recoil is almost back to its original feel.

Now that is a relief to hear! Planning on taking the plunge this month for a Scout... M100 spring should do it then.

I think I saw this before and basically there are a few more Magpul bits thrown into the package:

- PTS MOE Scout Mount - Left

- PTS MSA

I was also going to get myself a Scout Mount to see what difference it is to mount a taclight with. I already have an MSA.

I'll leave it to you to decide if it is worth the extra $$ or not.

Yeah I found the recoil wasn't quite right still too but I think it's to be expected after weaker springs. Either way it's definitely a recoil rather than shaking as Phil says so it's worth it to make it skirmishable! Can't really complain too much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Could anyone help me out. I need to see the parts diagram on the manual. I sold my ERG to a friend a little while back and he recently broke the cut-off lever on the gear box. I need to know the part number so I can email shops and KWA to get the part. Unfortunately KWA's proshop hasn't added the RM4 as far as I can see.

Feeding Issues With all Types of Mags, Low Fps coming in 200 Fps, and some other Headaches. I Am still deciding What to do but since i was going to buy a ERG at some point it gives me a reason.

Just curious, but what has gone wrong with your TM? Why would you not just replace with another TM?

Serious questions by the way!

Did you buy it secondhand from the Incredible Hulk? Or are you under some sort of Gypsy curse?

It sounds like it might benefit from professional attention. Recoil Shocks can be taken beyond the point of no return but it takes quite a lot of effort.

Lol....really? Or, could it be that TM rifles, like any other, are prone to failure? I get the whole TM AM BESTEST thing, even though my own personal experience tells me a different story...but what I can't for the life of me understand is why so many appear to be popping up on Zero In for sale / trade?!? I mean, if you have THE BESTEST GNU EEVA, why would you decide to sell it? And what's funnier, as demonstrated by the above, is when people do decide to sell / trade, they always go for something else....NOT TM....the mind boggles.

So, was it the hulk or a gypsy curse....or is it a simple case of the KOOLADE lacking fizz!?!

Edited by Inq Eisenhorn