What is your backup?

Shinn

Having built my SR25 to DMR specs..I was wondering what the majority of other 'Marksmen' used as a backup in case "SHTF" Granted I always have a sidearm...but I've started toying with the thought of carrying a MP5K with a stock...too much?

With my SR25 I just fall back to my G18C. Though I have seen other marksmen carry carbines slung over their backs as well; really depends on what the rest of your set up is like. I usually run a bulky plate carrier so slinging an extra rifle doesn't really work for me.

As far as SHTF -- the G18C is brill, the GBB at least spits those rounds out on full auto so fast and makes such a terrific racket it's sure to buy you a second to leg it or call for help. :)

TM Hi Capa. If you want to apply bb to noggin within your MED (or a lot further for that matter), nothing beats it for size/punch ratio.

With the addition of a 6.01 and 9ball hop & mag routers, you're fine to run .40 too - which means only carrying 1 type of ammo :).

Always a pleasure bro :)

To the OP, maybe think about the Hi Capa Extreme? I've not used one personally, but working on an assumption it's just a 'Capa with full auto... That gives you the accuracy at range, and sprayability if you get bumped up close? A couple of extended mags and you have a nice piece for when you find yourself up the front with no AEG support :).

Me and full auto pistols don't mix well. :P It is nice to know that pistols can be used to great effectiveness. Most people I've met at events tended to say a sidearm was a waste of money.

Most people I shoot with mine thought the same. There is a certain amusement to watching someone rage because their AEG can't reach you, as you smack a bb into their chest with a handgun. :D

Agreed, even funnier when the accusations of a hot gun start and the chrono shows otherwise (remember the school?)

Hah! Indeed ;). It does tend to mean that Marshals end up standing on top of you, but as soon as they see what's happening, they tend to enjoy the show. Shaking their heads at the raging players and pointing out they're not hitting anyone!

TM XDm works just as well for those kinda shenanigans.

Is an XDm as good as a 'Capa? I have yet to see one in the flesh as it were, let alone on the field... I do quite like the look of it :).

Whilst I'm a big fan of the TM 1911 (and own one), I do find it's not as good as the HiCapa at ridiculous range... But then I fully recognise neither piece is really designed for long range shooting, it's just a bonus :D. Being very much an 'end user', with the technical side of things a complete mystery to me (gearboxes run on pixies... Right?) I can only assume it's due to the larger mag. The majority of 1911 users I know have switched to Capa's - apart from Mobius who's WAs are... Well... Another league entirely :P

Any idea if I could get good range increases for my TM G18c? I'm not looking for 70m like the Hi Capa - but a solid 40m + would be swell!

I don't see why not mate... Assuming 9ball make an aftermarket hop rubber, and PDI make a 6.01 Raven barrel for it (or equivalent quality brand)?

Although to be fair, you should be getting 40m out of it anyway? A stock TM should put a .30 that far without batting an eyelid :).

I don't see why not mate... Assuming 9ball make an aftermarket hop rubber, and PDI make a 6.01 Raven barrel for it (or equivalent quality brand)?

Although to be fair, you should be getting 40m out of it anyway? A stock TM should put a .30 that far without batting an eyelid :).

You're right it should - I think something is wrong as it can't even overhop .25s at the minute. Probably the nub needs packing out (or it has collapsed or something). I'm too much of a wimp to open up the hop unit.

You might want to consider a TM MK23, its very bulky but dead acurate at long range and very silent. Only drawback i can think of is the cost of mags (also, no blowback).

I actually have a TM MK23 (need to replace the hop rubber.) The only issue with that particular pistol is finding a quality holster for it. (I refuse to use 'Universal' holsters.)

For some reason I've never liked the feel on the hicapas. XD I'm just an oddball I guess.

Archived