WE-Remington ACR.

netwalker

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that were the case, Remington (and Shrubmaster) would have sued the out of Magpul and their PTS division for selling officially licensed ACR AEGs long ago, so that's probably not an issue. It's likely that both companies hold the rights to manufacture the rifle, while Magpul holds the rights to the original design.

Either way, performance-wise, I can't see this being any worse than the PTS ACR AEG. While WE's GBBR aren't AMAZING, they can more than hold up on their own. I'd quite like to see if the internal design is any different from their open-bolt AR-15 rifles. Magazines look the same, so it can't be THAT different.

I think the magazine is the thing that is in the firing line for legal issues if anything, not so much the rifle.

I hope they release barrel kits and fixed stock options ASAP after release.

I want a fixed stock with short barrel :D

Any ideas why WE left out the brass deflector ? :o

Seems like a simple part to attach to the screw at the rear of the ejection port.

Why did they stamp the bolt with 5.56 if the system is suposedly interchangeable by just switching bolt heads ? :o

Read in a review about there being some adjustment needed (training) for the bolt-release and mag release. Can see how a AR user would confuse the two.

Can someone with experience/knowledge run down the pros and cons of this vs. a WE M4 for example (AR platform) ?

The brass deflector omission is very odd indeed.

As for it vs the AR platform, it has it's ambidexterity as a good selling point.  But the last I heard the ACR was quite problematic and most people were disappointed with its performance, unless they have improved it since then.

In case anyone needed firmer evidence of the fact it is WE. Interesting things to note from the album; no PMAG (at least none pictured). I won't pretend to know law but I guess WE is banking on not having issues with Magpul since it's a Remington gun without any connection to Magpul's design(s). Also, looks like the barrel in true Masada/ACR fashion has the quick change feature for different lengths.

Anyways, I'm somewhat excited. On one hand, a non craptastic Beta Project Masada/ACR is cool and I like the rail. On the other hand, I've never been a fan of WE. At least WE will have the aftermarket support. 

WEMSK_zpscdcbb97c.jpg

I might be bi-polar or something, a few hours ago I was like, mweh, ACR... Now I am hyped up like it's the WE M&P all over again :P

Stupid airsoft addiction... :|

LOL. In feeling the same way about this. Not a fan of WE, but it's something new I wouldn't mind trying out if the price is right.

Last night when I looked that album had 41 images, and several of them including the PMAG. Has the legal battle begun already or are WE trying to cover their asses?

To be honest, without the PMAG style magazines the overall look for this rifle drops quiet a bit IMO... :o

I've not seen the Repro shells for a while now, they were made by a company called "Rampo" I think, easiest way is using RS P-Mags converted, that's what I solely use in my PTW's , I use this guy and can recommend him 100% , not sure if he's done GBBR mags before, but check out his builds, there's not a lot he can't do ,

His name is Stu ,aka, Biscuitdunker from the Systema forums, he's done a hell of a lot of work for myself ,team mates and teams that I regularly hook up with.

http://www.projectptw.co.uk/

Thanks for the linke, but 65 GBP is more than I got my others for.

Considering the craze in the US as of late I doubt PMAGs are high in supply for airsofters to convert right now.

Oh well, we shall see if WE can supply them or not.

Considering your average brand new PTW mag is £40 in the uk, and a RS pmag is £25, your basically getting the conversion for free.

Expensive yes, but I've not had one issue with mine.

But like you say, WE or some other company will have them , and probably much cheaper, just depends if you want custom ^ or off the shelf and take your chances.

FYI, the real steel ACR as it is today is not owned by Remington. It is owned by Magpul and licensed to Remington. And thus, legally, based on the contract between the two companies (there is no provision for Remington to relicense the ACR in airsoft form) it is therefore not up to Remington to legally relicense the ACR for airsoft replication. Since Magpul has put a kibosh on all things airsoft related, they are working to ensure this does not happen. Now, if WE chose to ignore Magpul and Remington and release it anyway, well that's up to Magpul's and Remington's lawyers to address (they now have their own legal team in HK). How effective they will be will be interesting to see. But since WE do appear to have other Remington replica products coming out, it probably would be a bad idea to bite the hand that feeds you. *shrug*

I'm just wondering if their MP5 got shut down some how as that was their next planned release as far as I know, and that the suprise ACR is their backup to fill the gap in their release pipe ? :o

I want that MP5 too ! :D

But yeah, WE have navigated through the legal loopholes long enough now to know what they are doing, or so I hope...

Man I am gonna stock up on those PMAGs! :D

I'm guessing the legality of the replica will come down to how accurate the replica is to the real version. If it's off in certain areas, which let's face it, it probably will be, this alone could render in NOT in breach of I.P.......of course, I don't have a foggy of what I'm talking about. I guess the proof of the pudding will be in whether they actually release this or not, they've released a SCAR, and we know that Cybergun owns the rights to that, and they have a "HK416" whose I.P. is jealously guarded by Umarex....so why would this be any more or less challenging for WE.

Archived