WE-Remington ACR.

netwalker

I don't think a Katana version will come.

They promised a Scar katana before, which later turned out to become a regular V2 scar AEG.

Looking at the pro and con of the katana, it is clear that they kept the most vulnerable part in the gearbox.

Therefore I hope for a PTW/CTW ACR in the future.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better you than me my good sir! ;)

What's with all the negative waves?

M4 and G36 based WE GBBr are a proven to work system. Certainly as, if not more skirmishable than any other.

The ACR isn't out yet for anyone to judge either way.

Magpul aren't happy. But them having removed themselves from Airsoft, I doubt many Airsofters care all that much.

Noone buying this will be a guinea pig for the system... Just the shell it's been put in. It's a bit like judging a cars engine, based on it's headlights...

Not really though. WE are still releasing sub par faulty products. You'd be mad to walk into this assuming it was 100%

I'd consider that to be the case with 95% of manufacturers. I can say with reasonable certainty, that it'll fire a bb out of the end. How well it does so, is rather subjective.

Personally I'll wait until MilspecSolutions get one and have a nose. But I'd certainly like one.

I just wonder where the people who are saying "It'll be *suitcase*" are getting their information... As my crystal ball appears to be on the blink ;)

I guess it depends what you're buying.  I've had zero issues with WA, TM, KSC, Maruzen, G&P e.t.c.

The failure rate and level of failure of WE products is staggering.  Sure the G36 is considered decent and the M4 I gather after numerous fixes.  But thats two, out of how many?  Not great really.  People give WE *suitcase* and others respond with "but, but, G39" Not really very good to have one product carrying your massive brand.

I guess it depends what you're buying. I've had zero issues with WA, TM, KSC, Maruzen, G&P e.t.c.

The failure rate and level of failure of WE products is staggering. Sure the G36 is considered decent and the M4 I gather after numerous fixes. But thats two, out of how many? Not great really. People give WE *suitcase* and others respond with "but, but, G39" Not really very good to have one product carrying your massive brand.

I 100% agree. But then read the amount of people that have had issues with that WA, TM.... Etc etc. All GBBr at our club are WE. Noone has had a major issue at all. That's not to say they're great... They're not perfect. Very, very few RIFs out if the box are.

I don't know if the ACR will be any good. I'm not going to assume it's awesome because it's a bit like my M4 based XM. I'm not going to say it's *suitcase* because the Gen1 WE 1911 I had, was nothing but a somewhat unattractive paperweight...

I have no interest in WE Branding, Licenses, Trade marks or all that... I just want it to send a bb downrange in a straight line, and for as far as possible. How this performs at that is simply unknown at this time.

True, people do have issues with WA, TM e.t.c. but remove issues caused by user negligence and I'm sure the amount of issues is barely worth mentioning.

Again... Fact. But also probably the case with all manufacturers issues. I do get where the naysayers are coming from. I get quite annoyed at having to buy 3rd party bits to make anything skirmishable out of the box - but then the flip side of that argument is that whenever manufacturers actually ask... They're responded to with "I'm going to put my own favourite brand of xyz in it anyway, so why include a great one in the box?"

I think all you can do is look at the price point, and decide whether it's worth it to you. But then if we all wanted "easy", we'd only use stock TM, and how boring would that be? :P

Hmmm... Checking the arms-cool thread is making me a little worried. Granted I view it using Google Translate, but they are implying it is an extremely limited release, or a very small first batch (?). Sentences such as "Limit really is cruel, money can not buy, no money can not afford .." and so on :P

I am hoping, even though it is bad, that it's just the first batch that is very limited. I don't really see why WE would put out a limited GBBR...

Found some new pics of the aluminum parts without paint, kinda shows of the machining better;

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://tw.myblog.yahoo.com/frogman-myblog/&usg=ALkJrhh2Bmi6on7aUBS08aKjibXA_autuQ

The only reason I can think of, is that they've made x amount, and got a phone call from a lawyer somewhere?

Leaves a very small number left, and selling what's been made already would be iffy. I guess if you worked there.... You're in luck.

Of course this is all conjecture on my part.

EF me! that's a nice price!

It is! I wonder what it'll work out at with UK retailers (if WE Europe get any).

I guess it wasn't legal stuff after all then, I'm happy to have been wrong on that :).

This may have just gone to the top of my "next buy" list...

I've placed an order for the Tan MSK from bbdragon. I'll post some pictures when I get it. I'm told it should ship next week.

Same here. Was told it would ship next week, though no specific date. I've also been searching around and haven't heard any news or update of the release. 

Same here. Was told it would ship next week, though no specific date. I've also been searching around and haven't heard any news or update of the release.

I know. None of the big name stores have this rifle, not even on pre-order...I've had good dealings with BB-dragon I. The past, so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm hoping they may get it first because they're in Taiwan......they also seem to be the only ones who can get the latest Vipertechs, so......let's see :)

The only reason I can think of, is that they've made x amount, and got a phone call from a lawyer somewhere?

Leaves a very small number left, and selling what's been made already would be iffy. I guess if you worked there.... You're in luck.

Of course this is all conjecture on my part.

I've heard this is what's happened from some of my retailer friends in HK. Apparently Magpul's lawyers are already on the warpath and have been making phone calls already.

It's entirely likely these may not be a very long run, unfortunately...

Archived