JPC and SR25 mags

Wildman1

Hi all, I'm getting my JPC in soon, and I was curious just how many SR25 magazines I could fit across the front cummerbund flap in Crye Precision SR25 mag pouches. I know .308 mags are slightly bigger than M4 mags, so I think its 2 but I just want to be sure. If I could fit 3, that would be great.

If you try to fit them into the actual kangaroo pouches then you might be able to fit two magazines, but with pouches attached on top of the flap you should be able to fit three, though it might get a bit wide. I'm not sure how a JPC is actually designed when it comes to the kangaroo pouches but with added pouches on the front and nothing in the kangaroos then it might sag, that's what I assume.

You should be able to run 3 with something like this MOLLEd to the front, although depending on the pouch it might protrude past the sides a little. Echoing -MOOSE-, I'm not sure how JPCs are built, but if the kangaroo pouch can't be velcroed closed or something, I imagine you might find yourself with some sagging.

I ran 2 SCAR-H mags in the kangaroo pouch of my Emerson and Crye JPC's. They stretch the elastic dividers so you can't use the middle slot, but you can fit them in the two outside ones. I also had that Tyr pouch that K30 linked to, worth every penny. One of the few 7.62 pouches I've found that will fit 6 columns of MOLLE.

It should fit, however, with the size of the 7.62 magazines you might find them to sit quite close together. Though I do not think this should be a problem, since when I've had three STANAG mags next to each other in such a fashion there's a bit of space left in netween them. I hope it turns out just the way you want it, mate!

I also had that Tyr pouch that K30 linked to, worth every penny. One of the few 7.62 pouches I've found that will fit 6 columns of MOLLE.

Indeed :D

The Weesatch dividers are also good for 7.62 mags, although in the end you'll lose both spaces on the sides (still good for a radio/loader/whatever). I carry 4 in the WSH and 3 in the Tyr pouch.

Good to hear about someone still loving the 'Satches! They seem to have faded in popularity over the past few years, sadly. Though, I've never owned one myself, I think they're pretty cool.

Not to stray too much off topic now, but I think you, Wildman, should look into the Tyr triple shingle pouch that was posted by k30dxedle. Tyr is a pretty popular company in the SOF communities around the world, and would probably be much cheaper than the Crye pouches. Even though they may not have such a fancy "oooh-aahh" reputation as Crye does, they're still out there and going strong.

What I said about Cryes reputation is not meant to belittle the company in any way, or offend any Crye lovers. They still make good products and nice designs, even though sometimes I've heard that their stitching has been iffy, but not so much. I hate putting in a disclaimer to what I said, but I felt it to be appropriate to not stir up a more off topic debate about Cryes public image and quality of their gear. Anyways...

If you go To MilitaryPhotos.net you can find a thread of CAG photos, I'm sure that I've seen a variety of Tyr products on their kits.

As I said before, Tyr is a relatively popular brand within SOF communities worldwide. Perhaps not as popular as other brands, especially since most gear seen are issued, you'll find some items that can be assumed to be of private purchase.

Archived