Stark Arms Walher PPQ M2 Coming Soon.

fiddlesticks4220

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stark just posted about it on their Facebook;

https://www.facebook.com/#!/StarkArms

In case you don't have FB, here are the details;

Stark: The solution of PPQ M2 holster is in this thread!

Link: http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/faq-ppq/16630-ppq-holsters.html

Comment: Best fit is the IMI PPQ Holster! And really not expensive. Search for zahal.org

I'm pretty sure the Stark PPQ will fit in RS holsters. :o

Since I don't use my guns much holsters are not a big priority for me.

I hope so, because I asked Umarex;

Many thanks for your email.

I'm sorry but we do not plan to release those backstrips for the Airsoft Version.

Best Regards
Umarex Sales Team

WHAT!?

I mean, not including them in the box, that sucks. But not even planning on releasing them seperately (to milk us of our money), WHAT!?

I think only Walther in the US would be able to supply spare backstraps because Umarex and Walther Germany do not. Will see if I can get someone on that.

Considering how big a part ergonomics and grip is of this particular model I can't believe Walther let Umarex get away with no extra backstraps. That's just wrong.

What?

Unfortinately Stark also confirmed via Facebook that there will be no backstraps.

Just saying it is no surprise that Umarex is doing something stupid.   Perhaps that colloquialism didn't make much sense if you're not British.  I don't see why Stark go ahead and do them anyway without Umarex.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy *suitcase*!

I just saw the most amazing post on arms-cool.

On the Asia Edition, if you take out the serial plate at the back, and reverse it, it has the "real" serial number on the other side! :o ?!?!

ywx3.jpg

ihzm.jpg

I can confirm my Asia frame has it like that. Just gotta find a way to get the damn plate out and reverse it :P

Just had a quick look at mine and I have no idea how you would get that plate out without damaging something. Maybe just shoot it a little bit and let the plate vibrate loose and upwards...

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-145484-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhiRaZDb63d5ZVNiaNUNWXn63RfiPA

That was one of my few complaints on the Asia edition so this is awesome!

EDIT: Hmmm... the real S/N is offset printed to the upper edge of the plate, not sure if it would even show properly if reversed ?

I got my Asia pew pew today. I tried to get the serial plate out, but I think it's glued. The guy in the thread above also confirms the print is too high to show in the serial cutout. Shame.

Serials also appear to be same on all guns, at least that I have seen so far.

Inner barrel swap between A and E version to get shorter barrel is easier said than done. Gotta pry the hop up unit out of the outer barrel, not sure if I wanna risk that.

icolator, you done it yet ?

Not gonna bore you with alot of dupe pics, but here are the goodies;

rs_ppq_markings_close.jpg

rs_ppq_target_serial.jpg

rs_ppq_aggressive_angle.jpg

For more pics, see here: http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/206829-project-”perfect-pistol-case”-rs-replicas/page-10

No defects in the slide as on my E version, and slide release works on both sides even with stronger spring (KJW 1911 stock recoil spring).

Me gusta :o

Now, just gotta fill that gap where the friggen backstraps are supposed to be. Trying to get someone in the US to order for me, if not possible I might just get two more Stark straps to fill the gap.

Good news for my OCD. Walther Arms US sell spare backstraps and I have some on the way. Will let you know if they actually fit the frame or just to be used for display.

Give the intricate geometry and fit of the backstraps I highly doubt they will go on straight out of the box.

They only sell domesticaly so I have to use a middle-hand to get them, just an FYI.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to chime in that the real PPQ M2 backstraps fit without modification.

ppq-m2-with-large-backstrap.jpg

As for holsters, I only have two, the Blackhawk Serpa CQC Matte Finish and a Tagua Gun Leather retention holster.  The Umarex fits snugly in the Blackhawk, but since the holster was meant for the P99 and PPQ a slight modificaton has to be performed to remove some material from around the magazine release.  Otherwise it can release the magazine while you are moving around.  The Tagua holster is already snug for my real M2 and not broken in yet, so the Umarex does not fit all of the way.  I imagine I could push it in but would not be able to draw it easily if I did so.

ppq-m2-in-blackhawk-cqc.jpg

Well that's fan-*fruitcage*-tastic news since I got some RS backstraps on the way! :D

Not just eye-candy in my RS box then.

Too bad they are so difficult to get a hold of for everyone else who might want them.

Basically only Walther Arms US sell them via the phone and only domestically... And they weren't cheap either.

Got my extra backstraps today. At work so haven't tried them on the gun just yet, but these are made of straight up hard rubber. Where as the stock one on the Stark feels like hard-hollow plastic.

Will check it out in detail when I get home and post some pics.

OK, so got home and checked out the backstraps. Massive post ahead.

Material is actually pretty close between RS and Stark strap. Hard but flexible rubber material.

Texture is slightly more aggressive and pronounced on the RS ones but not by much, but it's noticable in the hand.

Color is ever so slightly off between the two, but nothing major.

No Europe transponder ID text or graphics on the back of the US RS Walther straps.

Drop in fit on the pistol, but RS has slightly worse fit than the Stark one (very minor around the seam lines).

I went ahead and left RS M installed on mine because I thought it was close enough of a good fit for proper usage, versus just having these for display in the case.

If you thought you missed out on the spare backstraps for the Stark PPQ, don't worry, the medium probably fits 90% of all airsofters hand perfectly. Small feels tiny and large is for the Hulk or something... But yeah, I guess it depends on your hands :P

This is what they look like (got the order wrong in this pic... M, S, L)

ppq_straps_001.jpg

Comparison of Stark (left) and RS (right). NOTE: I placed the incorrect one of the RS for comparison, so it's Stark MEDIUM vs. RS SMALL.

ppq_straps_003.jpg

ppq_straps_004.jpg

Here is a top comparison shot of stock Stark M vs. RS M

ppq_straps_020.jpg

Here is how the pistol looks without a backstrap

ppq_straps_002.jpg

Material comparison (flex)

Stark

ppq_straps_005.jpg

RS

ppq_straps_006.jpg

Differense in fit

Stark

ppq_straps_007.jpg

ppq_straps_009.jpg

RS

ppq_straps_010.jpg

ppq_straps_011.jpg

RS size comparison: Small, Medium, Large

ppq_straps_014.jpgppq_straps_015.jpgppq_straps_016.jpg

ppq_straps_017.jpg

ppq_straps_018.jpg

ppq_straps_019.jpg

And last but not least, the void has been filled!

ppq_straps_021.jpg

ppq_straps_022.jpg

Utlimately, unless you feel like you need a different size strap, or have serious OCD and just want them, the Medium with the Stark is fine.

Thanks.

Although I am a little ashamed of all the ###### poor iPhone pics I have been posting lately. I need to get my *albatross* in gear and setup my studio lights and get some proper images soon :P

Yeah, your posts are worthless because of the low production value. Gosh :P

iPhone pics are fine, they give the impression that you want to convey. How much were the RS backstraps, if you don't mind me asking?

That's not too bad actually - I had it in my head that once it was €50 or below it's fine, considering what they are. Bit of a pain that VFC didn't just run release them themselves, and even more annoying that they didn't include them in the first place

Archived