Stark Arms Walher PPQ M2 Coming Soon.

fiddlesticks4220

Unsurprisingly Stark is ignoring the issue. I mentioned it on there Facebook page and they ignored it. And even deleted my followup comment. lol. (Facebook is the only way to contact them for some odd reason. )

If this really is an issue with all the guns, I cant see it going well for Stark once owners start noticing there guns cracking.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

As my return to your valuable information, I'm putting my own solutions.

RE: slide cracking. I attached some metal chips beneath the rear end of the inner barrel to make the chamber not to go up too high and touch the inside of the slide. Now there is 0.2mm gap always.

Another reported issue is  slide locking failure. I solved it by replacing the original recoil spring with more stronger one available at the WGC website. I hope this will work with your guns.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As my return to your valuable information, I'm putting my own solutions.

RE: slide cracking. I attached some metal chips beneath the rear end of the inner barrel to make the chamber not to go up too high and touch the inside of the slide. Now there is 0.2mm gap always.

Another reported issue is  slide locking failure. I solved it by replacing the original recoil spring with more stronger one available at the WGC website. I hope this will work with your guns.

Could you provide some pictures about this?

I decided to take a look at that conflict area between the barrel and the slide and my conclusion is this: The barrel does indeed hit the slide in certain conditions that might or might not be found when manual racking the gun, but that WILL be found when shooting.

I proceeded to file the upper portion of the barrel's chamber so it goes under the slide at an angle. My aim was simply to provide with a 1/2mm gap so there would be no pressure on the fragile top front of the slide's window.

Interestingly enough, I found out that the barrel would keep going up after filing, closing fully the gap I created. It's no surprise why the slide would crack, if after filing down about 1/2mm the barrel is still able to touch the slide. An untouched barrel will have enough material to hit that slide with force, which ends up causing the cracks.

A little more of careful filing allowed me to leave a hair of space between the barrel and the slide at their closest point, so the treatment "seems" to work. Note, however, that I'd advise not to file the angled sides of the chamber, just the top, so those would hit the slide first at a much stronger point, helping to alleviate the pressure on the weakest top.

Also note that the top of the barrel's chamber can be in contact with the slide along its movement when racking. The edges more precisely. I'm not sure how this can affect the integrity of the slide, or if it would be a good idea to file the whole top down...

I'll be shooting and checking whenever I can.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Ah . I didn't see this thread when I looked just now.

Oh well. I have started a Review thread for this gun, here: http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/215402-umarexvfcstark-arms-walther-ppq-m2-gbb/

What I wanted to post is this; 

What I want to address is the cracking of the upper slide flat top due to the chamber on the outer barrel.

I recently bought a new Asia version slide for my PPQ to replace, and I modded the chamber by chamfering off the front edge. Significantly might I add. And I noticed the chamber was still going up onto the slide upon cycling.

Well, turn out the nozzle is getting stuck on the back end of the barrel/chamber on cycling, pushing onto the barrel, preventing it from dropping down on cycling. This pushes the chamber of the barrel up into the top of the slide.

So I filed down a front edge on the nozzle, and cleaned up the back end of the barrel/chamber and lubed the parts up.

Does it completely fix the issue? Sadly not. The nozzle and barrel still interlock a little bit. But I think with these two mods, I hope, enough is done to mitigate, or at least reduce the risk significantly, of breaking the slide (again).

I just filed the front, and it's been good. I filed a longer portion (front-to-rear longer) that started at a shallower angle at the back and ended up as aggressive as yours at the front. A decreasing radius curve if you will.
I think I posted pictures somewhere in these PPQ threads.

Not sure if EBAirsoft are smoking crack or something but they have the steel slided PPQ here for $186 USD. About half price of WGC.

http://www.ebairsoft.com/stark-arms-steel-slide-premium-p-9155.html 

Description does have CNC aluminum slide in there at one point but considering they sold the PPQ Asia version for $116 with shipping and the pics do look like the steel slided version.

I'd say if you want it, go for it.

Now I am kind of regretting getting my new PPQ Asia aluminum one :o

derp!

Although, my main concern is that the rest of the gun is not beefed up to handle the steel slide so... And I've promised myself to never do steel guns ever again :P

No it doesn't. It's listed at 760 grams.

Regular version is 630 grams. The NAVY is listed at 730 grams, but it has a bigger magazine bumper and threaded barrel. WGC lists the steel slided version at 740 grams, 20 grams less than EBAirsoft.

EBAirsoft already has the aluminum slide version listed at 115 USD, NAVY version at 168 USD, so there's really not much else this listing can be.

If I hadn't already bought my new alu slide version I would get this one (although I shouldn't. Steel guns make me bananas!). Too bad it was added just after I placed my order :o

Considering the 173 USD FNX with shipping vs. 225 USD without shipping I'd not be suprised that this is real.

Archived