Stark Arms Walher PPQ M2 Coming Soon.

fiddlesticks4220

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are Sweden's land borders like? I had assumed it was like France, Germany, Italy - you just drive past a sign that says "Welcome to [insert name of country here]" and that's it. If that was the case and I lived near a border I'd definitely just pop over to a neighbouring country to pick up what I wanted. Is the border more strictly controlled than that?

I know for the UK that would be, well interesting when you tried to bring them back on the plane.

Security on the Eurostar is pretty much the same as for an airport, but I'm sure you could bring stuff back with you on any of the UK's various continental ferry services without issue. You're not likely to get stopped, and even if you do you're pretty much in the clear AFAIK providing you can demonstrate your defence. Sadly also AFAIK airsoft gear isn't markedly cheaper elsewhere in Europe.

Since this thread has derailed already, a little more won't hurt...

KB200910990234200AR_499422a.jpg

Oresund_Bridge_pay_station.jpg

At least where I live the borders are pretty well guarder and controller because it's an entry point into the country. Lots of drug and gun busts here. If I were to choose then ordering online would feel better :P

I actually got stopped and had my car searched by customs just a few weeks ago. And I was only out cruising in my car near the border crossing. Two vehicles pulled me over with flashing lights and searched the car and interrogated me etc.

So yeh :P

Just picked up the package from the post office and here are my quick initial impressions after all of 30 seconds of fiddling with it;

First off, the shop forgot to include one of the extra magazines.

Also, there are no additional backstraps in my box? I assume the shop forgot these as well but I am unsure? Can anyone please confirm the full retail box contents ?

I got the pistol, the included magazine and a manual, nothing else.

OK, it feels great in the hand. dat grip! :D

Recoil spring is too wussy for my taste, definately getting a TM 1911 150% spring ASAP!

Magazines do not drop freely.

Magazine baseplate has some back and forth play in it, don't like that.

Magazine baseplate retention pin catches the base plate twice. So even if you depress the bottom follower to remove it, it slides halfway off and gets caught again.

Trigger is nice, but reset is way too weak and it feels like you have to remove your finger completely for it to reset.

Overall, it's nice. But does not, IMO, beat the Stark/VFC Glock 19 :D

Also, just Googled like a mad man and it doesn't look like it comes with extra backstraps? WTF ?

Too late to edit. So, second first impressions

Stripped it down and, cleaned and lubed it up. Was bone dry everywhere. Magazines internals as well.

I managed to improve the trigger reset tension by simply stretching the spring in the trigger housing at the rear right side. Still a little too weak IMO. Might break in over time.

Installed a regular TM 1911 spring and stretched it a little bit as I was out of 150% springs. Turned out OK but I will buy a 150% spring for it.

On the slide right hand side, directly oposite the PPQ logo I have a strange dimple. Not sure if it's a proof marking thingy or a mold imperfection. I am guessing the latter.

Magazines sometimes drop freely and sometimes not, annoying. Not sure what the deciding factor is here.

Ambidextrious slide release is not so ambi. My right hand side has so much slop and play to it that it doesn't do anything.

If I take the tension off of the slide release by pulling back the slide and actuating it on the right hand side, it almost works, but as I release the slide while keeping the right hand slide release down, I can feel it grind over the left hand side slide release locking notch, just barely clearing it.

Also, it flops outwards from the frame. I am kind of worried it might actually break off... Wondering if I should glue it in place just to be safe. I am a rightie so I won't be using it, but it bothers me that it doesn't function properly.

Already seeing surface finish wear on my left hand side magazine release. Not even 6 hours after I got it. :o

Also, this has to be said more than once. NO EXTRA BACKSTRAPS?!!? Are you *fruitcage* KIDDING ME!? This totally brings down the overall score by like... alot...

Also. Slide and outer barrel, even though they are metal, feel and sound very much like plastic. If you had handed this to me without any knowledge beforehand I might just have guessed it to be plastic.

Got a couple of dry-fire shots off after I cleaned it and installed the new spring. It's nice. Nice umph both sound and kick wise.

Overall, in my opinion VFC/Stark did not step up their game compared to the Glock 19, which for me is still #1.

Don't get me wrong, for 120 USD (well, not for me :P), this is still awesome. And, it is a friggen Walther PPQ! For all of us that wanted the Maruzen P99, but didn't get it, because well, it's Maruzen :P this is a good alternative.

OK. I think that's it for now :o

Here are some *suitcasey* iPhone pics;

umarex_walther_ppq_m2_gbb_01.jpg

umarex_walther_ppq_m2_gbb_02.jpg

umarex_walther_ppq_m2_gbb_03.jpg

umarex_walther_ppq_m2_gbb_04.jpg

umarex_walther_ppq_m2_gbb_05.jpg

That dimple on the right hand side in the slide is like a huge crater. I would considering returning it, but I don't think a cosmetic surface blesmish qualifies as a warranty return for airsoft guns, and also, I will get an Asia version when they are available so. Whatever.

I had high hopes for this pistol...

It looks amazing!  But I'm disappointed to hear the metal looks and feels like plastic, I really don't like that... 

the metal feel and sound is very important for me personally, my WE G19 and 1911 have that great metal feel and sound, but they lack on other points...

still waiting on a GBB that has the best of all worlds...

but looking forward to hold the PPQ soon and will probably buy it anyway...

damn nice looking piece

Regarding the sound etc.

It appears that when the magazine is in the gun and I rack the slide, it makes more of a plastic, hollow "pluppf" sound when going into battery.

I think it's the seal between magazine and nozzle that is so tight that it creates a little airpocket that makes a different sound.

Without the magazine it sounds more metalic, but there is no "click-clack" kinda sound, more like just "clack".

IMO this gun rocks, fact is it shoots miles better then the Stark g18 I used to have which sucked *albatross*, mine doesn't have some of the flaws Nonex's has, the ambi slide release while a bit loose on the right side still works perfectly, the mag drops free no prob and there is no dimple or any imperfections on the slide. Also IMO it one of the coolest looking guns around. I would defo recommend this GBB to any one. 

Guess that speaks for their QC. Mine had the "QC OK" sticker on it :P

Also worth noting is that the slide release "problem" certainly didn't get better by me installing a stronger spring. It may be that it just might barely work with the stock spring installed.

Got a reply from Umarex regarding the trades. First they said this;

Thank you for your email!

However, according to the information we have on hand there is no difference.

Therefore please specify more exactly which difference you mean.

Best regards,
Oliver Lux
Export Director

Then I responded with informatiojn and reference pictures and videos, and then I got this;

Hello,

The markings of the EU version comply with the legal requirements, which have to be met in several member countries.

The Asia version is explicitly intended for the Asian market.

Best regards,
Oliver Lux
Export Director

Mweh. Euro customers getting screwed as usual. Also, the Asia version is a few bucks cheaper. Go figure.

Anyways, I got one coming to me thanks to a special someone :D

I think I may have figured out my magazine drop-free (not) issue.

It might just be that the palm of my hand, when gripping the gun firmly, sat on the edge of the magazines and prevented them from falling out.

I would say it's poor design/ergonomics on Walthers behalf and a training issue on my behalf.

The magazine baseplates oddly enough protrudes past the frame at the bottom which makes this problem possible to happen.

Also, my second spare magazine that I got looks really off. It is a very matte gray finish. Looks like it didn't go through whatever "paint" finishing it was suposed to. Umarex/VFC QC acting up again? I don't even want to use/touch it because I get the feeling it is bare, exposed Chinese toxic pot metal. It has that feel and smell to it...

Also. About the sound, look and feel. After playing with the gun further and breaking it in, it does not sound as "bad" (plasticy) anymore, but definately not as metalic as it should or I would have wished for.

Also, the pistol feels extremely lightweight, but I think the RS one is also. RS with an empty magazine is about 680 grams. Stark PPQ M2 with empty magazine is 633 grams. Add 22 BBs * 0.28 and some gas and you are not that far off compared to an empty RS one.

Trigger, again, wow. Amazing. It's strange how almost all airsoft replicas, regardless of model, kind of feel like the RS counterpart in terms of trigger pull, break and reset (based on read material and videos). This one is no exception. The trigger is one of the most praised features on the RS PPQ M2, and this airsoft replica has a sweet trigger as well.

Once it's cocked, there is some take-up/slack. Once you go in for the pull there is virtually no creep, it just breaks clean off, kaboom! And then the reset is short, audible, noticable and sweet.

Even after my trigger reset spring mod (to make it stronger) I still would of wished to have some more feedback resistance. I think I might be able to fit a spring from a ball-point pen in there and give it a go.

However, there is an issue with the trigger that bothers me. And that is this kind of "gritty" sticky feel to the trigger movement, mainly in the reset. It feels like the fit of parts is too tight or something is rubbing up against something. It is not ultra smooth, but kind of feels like the trigger bar is riding on sandpaper. It's not major, remember I have OCD and super attention to details, so to everyone else it's probably nothing.

I think this can be fixed if only I could identify what is actually causing it.

It's not a major concern, but considering how the trigger feels otherwise, if this was to be fixed, it would just be off the charts awesome!

Lack of striker indicator that was found on the P99 makes me kind of sad. No idea why they removed it from the PPQ. The blank gaping indicator dimple in the back of the slide doesn't help me get over it either. Anyone know why this was abandoned? I think the PPQ extractor doubles as an indicator as well (RS, not airsoft).

The grip, my god... One handed, this grip is insane. Just melts into your hand.

However, what I noticed, for me, when I go in to do a double-handed grip, the extreme fit and contouring of the frame actaully makes it slightly uncomfortable to grip with both my hands.

It's almost like, because it fits my right hand so well, when I add the left one on top I almost crush the tips of my fingers of the right hand, if that makes sense.

Probably just a training issue and adjustment thing, but it does not feel as "natural" and easy to grip with both hands as other traditionally gripped pistols do.

Or perhaps you don't even need a very tight grip with the supporting hand.

I like the stock sights. They are very similar to the PX4 stock sights. Alot of people have complained on the RS PPQ of the stock sights not feeling or looking right. Mainly because there is a bit of play in the front post alignment (spacing) inside the rear sight notch when lined up.

I quiet like it. I can see how it might ultimately make the gun "less accurate" with the amount of play, but it just feels good to me to have som space on the sides. Maybe part of my OCD and desire for perfect symetry. :P

Also, rear sight is actually windage adjustable via a hex screw attachment at the inside of the slide. Nice touch and very simple design to allow for some adjustment. The BBU has a seperate fixed screw that holds it in place.

Magazine release, it's alright. Feel pretty good. I like the shape of the button. But I think I would of prefered the paddle release. From what I gather the main changes between the M1 and M2 is the magazine release, due to US user base complaints of the "European style" magazine release. Damn americans!

I have not tested if it is reversible or not, but being Stark/VFC I would hope and assume it is.

Also, I saw in an RS comparison of the M1 and M2 that the ridge running alongside the bottom half of the magazine release button, on the frame, was added for the M2 to accomodate the button style release, and that it might give you a slightly less comfortable grip when gripping very high on the gun. I have not had any problems with this myself, but not having held an M1 it's hard to say if it's noticable or not.

OK, I think that is enough for my update thoughts on this pistol.

Overall, I still love this pistol. It looks cool, feels great in the hand (grip and feel wise), and it's a nice replica.

Once I get my Asia edition I think this will come in as a very close second to my Stark Glock 19 :D

Comparison thread of Asia and Euro version on Arms-Cool

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&u=http://www.arms-cool.net/forum/thread-144821-1-1.html&usg=ALkJrhje4fHSICzZJIh5JBcYP3wUZHaojA

Not a fan of the extended inner barrel. Might swap mine around.

Other than that, I say *fruitcage* the Euro version...

Anyone else than me that kind of find the selection of serial number letters a bit amusing ? "FAP" :D

Although it is a real PPQ M2 serial number sequence if I recall correctly from the pics I have seen.

Also his back plate on the Asia edition is the Euro edition. Not sure why. WGC posted that it is available seperately (Asia back plate).

Also looks like his serial number plate on the Asia version had slid out of place. WGC posted on Facebook that you can poke it into place and apply a small drop of glue to hold it in place.

After I saw that I noticed my plate on my Euro PPQ had also slid out of place slightly.

Another thing to note is that the back plate numbers are supposed to match those on the barrel and slide, slightly disappointing.

I wasn't going to get the Asia version because I have the Euro version and thought the trades difference was going to be minimal, but luckily I had to get one for someone else so I said what the hell, I might as well get one myself and I'm so happy I did. The trades on the Asia version are perfect and like Nonex said I can swap the inner barrels around and get the best of both worlds. Can't wait to get this bad boy!!

I have shot my ppq a lot lately and I have to say I love it, it just gets better and better for me, I am rely getting used to the ergonomics and the trigger pull is amazing, VFC/STARK could be my favorite stock brand these days, I have an OD g19 on the way and rely hope its as good as the ppq, also can't wait for there m&p full size to be released, any one heard reports on the vfc/stark m&p compact ?

Oh yeah by the way. About my magazines not dropping freely. Was not just my hand. It still happens.

Not sure what is going on, but it might be that the magazine to nozzle fit is so damn tight that they kind of get stuck together or something ? :o

The Euro version is the same, except for slightly different trades, so calling it a "half baked turd" (what ever that is) is a bit silly !!  

But those trades are horrible! The only reason for that difference, which I honestly find completely retarded, is the fact that Germany has the dumbest airsoft laws on this side of the Earth (because the opposite side has New Zealand). Nothing else.

True, the Asia version trades do look miles better, but that's the only difference, I love this little beauty. Any thing Umarex get there smelly hands on always have the 6mm markings on them and some crappy schpeel about authorized trademarks etc, thank god they didn't write there usual paragraph on the side of the this gun like the kwa usp's.

In preperation for the arrival of the Asia edition :)

U JELLY? :D

Got this off of eBay from a guy in the US. Was kind enough to ship internationally. I did not expect the warranty card to be included.

umarex_walther_ppq_m2_box_01.jpg

umarex_walther_ppq_m2_box_02.jpg

umarex_walther_ppq_m2_box_03.jpg

Paper target is replica by me, WIP. Other items are original (paperwork that is).

Speedloader is on the way.

The void from the missing backstraps is killing me. I seriously hope Umarex / VFC release the extra ones. I can't believe they are not included in the original box...

Label reference and information acquired, will create label this week.

Hellz yeah!

Archived