Prime/RS Spec Receivers for the WA System; Help!

hwagan

Evening folks,

I've recently picked up a WOC-X as a project gun; At the moment it's nice enough as it is, but the receivers aren't compatible with my MRP due to them being the G&P/Non-RS length.

I've seen plenty of Prime Receivers, as well as Iron Airsoft - But the problem I'm having is finding them!

Essentially, I'd like a nice set of receivers to fill with steel guts, and so I can switch uppers around with my MRP and the like - Something like an SR15 or Larue lower. 

Can anyone who's more of an expert with these kind of super high end builds point me in the direction of which manufacturers I should be looking at for R/S spec Airsoft receivers for the WA system, and where I'd be likely to find them?

Google is turning up nothing unfortunately - They've got some gorgeous receivers at Iron Airsoft, but all I can find is their website and none of their dealers...

I have seen a few Prime receiver sets plus separate lowers and uppers in Den Trinity's store before.

Their website sucks so I haven't been on there for yonks.

Also, I remember buying a Prime Troy receiver on an ill fated M7A1 build from Airsoft Global, they may still have some in stock.

My PRIME lower has a variety of G&P steel parts...should be 100% compatible. The only part I think that won't work is the bolt carrier which needs a spacer.

Unfortunately, you might need to go to the secondary market for both PRIME and Iron lowers. Another option might be to buy a complete Bomber Airsoft gun and sell off all but the lower. Be careful from ordering from Boomarms; from my experience they often don't have the items they advertise on their site in stock. Innokatsu once sold their receivers, but in my opinion, are not that good given the high cost. Long ago, I was able to get Innokatsu parts through RATECH; might be worth sending them an email. It looks like DEN is mostly sold out but this one http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_details.jsp?pid=14344. There's a small Japanese company called OP that is currently designing 1:1 scale 7075 lowers in conjunction with Iron. Like all their products, the cost is insane.

Just out of curiosity, I know it's not what you're looking for, but why not maintain one MRP lower (PRIME kit right?) and invest in various uppers?

I have seen a few Prime receiver sets plus separate lowers and uppers in Den Trinity's store before.

Their website sucks so I haven't been on there for yonks.

Also, I remember buying a Prime Troy receiver on an ill fated M7A1 build from Airsoft Global, they may still have some in stock.

Just had a look man, they really haven't improved it at all in 10 years! I've found a good site for Iron Airsoft receivers, including the Larue Stealth for a reasonably fair price - They also do some really nice uppers and lowers, which is awesome. I'm told they're a pretty decent operation 'n all.

For anyone interested: http://www.v21s.com/index.php?p=6&id=59&cat2=19&cat1=15&dis=&lang=en&msg=Session%20Expiried!

Thanks to Villerk for the tip.

Boomarms.com have a load of prime receivers in stock but I think you might need prime internals to go with it, I have only ever stuck with G&P WOC stuff so I don't know about cross compatibility between the two.

Thanks man, will check it out shortly! My MRP is Prime upper and lower with full G&P internals though, so all nice and compatible!

My PRIME lower has a variety of G&P steel parts...should be 100% compatible. The only part I think that won't work is the bolt carrier which needs a spacer.

Unfortunately, you might need to go to the secondary market for both PRIME and Iron lowers. Another option might be to buy a complete Bomber Airsoft gun and sell off all but the lower. Be careful from ordering from Boomarms; from my experience they often don't have the items they advertise on their site in stock. Innokatsu once sold their receivers, but in my opinion, are not that good given the high cost. Long ago, I was able to get Innokatsu parts through RATECH; might be worth sending them an email. It looks like DEN is mostly sold out but this one http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_details.jsp?pid=14344. There's a small Japanese company called OP that is currently designing 1:1 scale 7075 lowers in conjunction with Iron. Like all their products, the cost is insane.

Just out of curiosity, I know it's not what you're looking for, but why not maintain one MRP lower (PRIME kit right?) and invest in various uppers?

Thanks man, I was hoping you'd show! :P As said, my MRP is Prime on the outside and G&P on the inside, so I've got the bolt spacer - I've also got a second carrier as well, which I can obviously acquire a spare spacer for.

I've found a few HK sites with the odd receiver set, but thus far V21S seems the best option as they've got a decent set of nice Iron Airsoft parts, as well as the receiver setup I want, and some nice uppers and lowers individually. Thinking about it, the billet lowers they've got look a lot like the OP/IA combinations you speak of... The price definitely suggests as much!

The idea is to have a combination of 2 lowers and then a few uppers - I'm a big fan of the Larue Stealth lower, and I'd really like to put my MRP upper on one, just for the extra gucci factor. I can then build a nice Larue upper for the LMT lower, and maybe another upper or two when funds allow. Essentially the plan is 2 lowers, 3 or 4 uppers and a GHK AK one day!

There's at least one PRIME receiver set (SR16?) in the classifieds, from what I can remember. Another option is Viper; you can buy pretty much every part of their guns from CWI but be aware that some parts won't be directly compatible with your G&P donor.

My personal preference would definitely be Boom Arms. They stock a wide variety of PRIME receiver sets and most other parts, too.

Yeah I remember seeing those in your signature man, although obtaining the dosh for the MRP was sort of good and bad luck - redundancy pay off yay, but jobless boo.

I did consider Viper, but I'm really set on the stealth set, and it comes with a fair few parts I'll need to replace the Alu guts as well!

Archived