Spetsnaz Mounts/Red Dots

futbolpunk

I have a Spetsnaz and I'm looking to possibly get a scope mount and red dot. I was wondering which of these you guys would recommend for my gun:

dsc009050be.jpg

My Gun

ot_smb_ak.jpg

JUST Scope Mount for AK Series (both pictures)

gd_acc_nb18.jpg

Guarder AK Side Locking Scope Mount

gg_smb_akris.jpg

G&G Scope Mount Base for AK

The prices of all of these are very similar, so disregard the price.

The Guarder mount states "Guarder Side Mount Plate for AK Series requested!!" under it on WGC, but I think they mean "required"... Anyone know for sure?

Also, does anyone know of any fairly cheap (<$60!!) red dots that would fit my gun well for asthetics AND functionality?

Thanks in advance. :)

what sort of Scope/sight do you want on there? the only *real* scope mount for the AK is the side mounting plate, which you can screw onto the AK reciever.

link on rusmil http://www.rusmilitary.com/html/c-sight_mounts.htm

named 'AK Siderail mount plate'

then you can put the RS POSP scopes on there, along with all the other russian AK scopes. most of them ar QD too, to thats handy.

you can also get weaver/dovetail/RIS/RAS rails that attach to it, so...

If it was me, i'd get one of them, and then the most beautiful RDS ever...

the PK-AS

http://posp.ru/pks01.html

mmmmmmmmmmm, Spetsnaz look...

dave

<<EDIT>> that RDS, while not exactly ten-a-penny, is water proof, russian, will take basically anything you thorw at it, and still come back for more. price is $195 inc delivery

the PK-A is a more 'POSP' looking scope, and still does the same thing, but for $135 delivered

http://posp.ru/pka.html

mmmmm, tasty.

Hey, futbolpunk,

sorry to hijack the thread a little, but could you tell me what silencer that is on the Spetz, and do you need another 14mm threaded barrel to use it?

(Does the silencer actually quiten the gun/increase range?)

Rocky

It is the TM Knights Pro Silencer which usually runs around $50. Range is unaffected, but the sound it noticeably reduced. It gives the gun a low "thud" vs. the AK's standard high "pop".

Big dave, I clearly stated I am going to put a red dot on it (first sentence) and that the price range for the red dot was <$60, but thanks for the reply anyway.

Also, I'm not in anyway concerned about anything being even remotely Russian. The Spetsnaz is not a real gun, so why should I pay more for ugly Russian accessories? (:D) I'm going for a highly tactical look.

If you don't care about Russian looks, get the JUST mount.

Then give me your address so I can smack you for that blasphemy.

The just mount is simplest, but if you want to be able to easily take off the RDS, the REAL STEEL side-mount system (side plate + mount) is easiest and cheaper than the Guarder product.

Don't start bringing the ban into here as well, thats why we have a dedicated section for it.

But it will still come under it because a member of the public would still take it for a real gun if they saw it, I mean if you didn't know there wasn't a real version of it then someone who's never heard of airsoft is not going to have any idea.

Anyways back on topic me thinks.

Adam

Don't start bringing the ban into here as well, thats why we have a dedicated section for it.

But it will still come under it because a member of the public would still take it for a real gun if they saw it, I mean if you didn't know there wasn't a real version of it then someone who's never heard of airsoft is not going to have any idea.

Anyways back on topic me thinks.

Adam

if i'd have started a completely new topic about it it would have died off quickly, and i could have been flamed for starting a new one instead of posting here... catch 22.

Archived