Contour HD lens protectors?

Tw1tch

Hi guys. I managed to grab a decent deal on a Contour HD package (I know its an old model but it has removable batteries which is important to me, and much cheaper than the current models with this feature.

Now I need to find a way to protect the lens from bb strikes. I've come across Speed Airsofts shield which looks quite handy but my camera isn't going to be helmet mounted for a while.

Anyone have experience with protectors that fit over the lens? I've had a quick google search but only have phone internet access for the next two-three weeks which complicates things a bit more (trust me, searching with this ancient bit of kit is torture)

Cheers guys.

geta piece of perspex cut to size and heatshrink it over the lens, saying that, ive run mine for 2 years (same model) and the lens is still intact. i have it on video taking hits. (from a distance though) 
word of warning, the HD only supports up to 16GB cards. and one battery will fill an 8GB card on 720p/30fps
the batteries are Nokia BL-5c, which can be had for pennies on ebay over the contour branded batts.

There is a US based company on Ebay that does a heat shrink and lexan 'ghetto' kit (tad harsh I know, I only say that because it was a step up from something I put together myself from a piece of packaging, o-rings, silicone cover and gaffer tape) as well as a more durable delrin and lexan protector kit that clamps onto the front of the camera, will post links and pics when I get home.

Well, looks like I've got more pressing matters  to attend to. It just doesn't seem to be working at the minute.

I'm following the Contour Guide.

http://vholdr-support.s3.amazonaws.com/manuals/CHD1080p_Man_ENGLISH_5-11-10.pdf

When I press the power button the first time after the battery is inserted the orange light on the bottom of the camera turns on for a second or so, there is no beep. Then when I press the power button (to check battery/memory status) again nothing happens. When I plug in the USB  cable the charging light turns on (for about ten minutes or so, trying again though, there is also no beep, the light just turned off) and autoplay on my PC pops up (I quick formatted my memory card, which is a Samsung MicroSDHC, could this be the issue?) and I've got DCIM and MISC as empty folders, .vholdr-media as a file and FW_RTC as a text file. Camera also shows up in the easy editing software  as a ContourHD 1080P.

Its an 8GB card.

Once again, charge light turned off and doesn't seem functional.

I get two beeps for removing the SD card with battery in and what I guess is on mode. Then get three beeps with no card present if I press the power button.

• 1 month later...

Archived