Gun Modify RMR Glock Slide Set

GlockworkOrange

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buy this now and put various other stuff on hold since it's clearly going to sell out rapidly or get on with all the other guns/rigs that've been waiting updates for months/years? Dilemmas.

I was just investigating the the purchase of some type og Glock when this turned up... hmm.

Nice that they actually had the sense to build it for the TM. Usually kits like this get released for barely known guns that were once produced in small quantities back in the late 90s.

I'm in the same boat Hanger, looking at the slide I'm leaning towards a Crye Gunclip. Makes fitting lights and suchlike easier.

Watch some videos. I have a few holsters including a real Serpa and real GunClip. The GC is incredibly awkward despite how useful it could have been. It wobbles due to its one screw that holds the holster to the bracket. Its adjustable nature means it fits MOLLE but its not the best fit. It requires three rows, as I recall, and it just clamps at the top and the bottom of the top and bottom row. No weaving or anything. The Serpa molle mount is wayyy better.

Its fine on a riggers belt, though. If only they made a Glock Serpa that fit a light!

Kydex is another good option, though that ties me into using one light forever and ever and ever unless I want to shell out probably another £60 each time for a new holster!

That and having to send off what's going to be a £400 pistol plus probably another £100 (even more perhaps) tac light via royal mail/parcelfarce etc to someone, working on faith that they're going to send it back... I'm not sure I'd be able to do that level of trust with something that's costing me the same as a year's car insurance!

Personally, I wouldn't trust a gun that cost that much to anything other than a kydex holster.  If I remember correctly, the RS GunClip doesn't close around a TM Glock (or at least not properly).

There's no real necessity to send it to someone for fitting though.  Depending on the answer to the question in my previous post, you either buy a G20/21 or G17 holster from someone reputable like G-Code (they have new light bearing models out soon which are different to the SOC rig) or get OTG Concepts to make you a TM-spec holster with the appropriate optic cut and light fitting.  I guess wanting to switch lights does change things, the SOC would be ideal in the situations but they only offer Glock 9mm models and I'm yet to try heating one up to alter its' shape.  For myself I'd quite happily just get one to fit an X300 or APL and be done with it because that'll remove a lot of the headache and I'm a REMF/Airsofter, so the different in the exact beam spread between a Surefire and an Inforce doesn't notice much, far less matter to me while skirmishing.  But each to their own of course.

Personally, I wouldn't trust a gun that cost that much to anything other than a kydex holster.  If I remember correctly, the RS GunClip doesn't close around a TM Glock (or at least not properly).

There's no real necessity to send it to someone for fitting though.  Depending on the answer to the question in my previous post, you either buy a G20/21 or G17 holster from someone reputable like G-Code (they have new light bearing models out soon which are different to the SOC rig) or get OTG Concepts to make you a TM-spec holster with the appropriate optic cut and light fitting.  I guess wanting to switch lights does change things, the SOC would be ideal in the situations but they only offer Glock 9mm models and I'm yet to try heating one up to alter its' shape.  For myself I'd quite happily just get one to fit an X300 or APL and be done with it because that'll remove a lot of the headache and I'm a REMF/Airsofter, so the different in the exact beam spread between a Surefire and an Inforce doesn't notice much, far less matter to me while skirmishing.  But each to their own of course.

An OTG Kydex holster looks like the way to go then, their prices for normal items are reasonable, I can't imagine an off-spec one would be significantly more.

I get your point also about the light thing, I can't see myself ever spending out and getting a real X300 so I should probably just get it made with the TLR-1 and suck it up if I ever in the distant future want a different light!

So far I own a ACM Gunclip and a Fobus holster for KWA G23C

Gunclip does not wrap all the way, the button does close if you use a lot of force

Fobus holster works perfect for the KWA G23

But however, I've read from several sources that TM G-series are made a tad wider than RS

thus finding a holster for it is quite a challenge

But I've found this Safariland 6004 rep on Aliexpress. Cheap enough for me to give it a try.

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/263373162.html

An OTG Kydex holster looks like the way to go then, their prices for normal items are reasonable, I can't imagine an off-spec one would be significantly more.

I get your point also about the light thing, I can't see myself ever spending out and getting a real X300 so I should probably just get it made with the TLR-1 and suck it up if I ever in the distant future want a different light!

They do quality work, the guy in charge can sometimes... just be a tiny bit impatient.  Not a bad person by any stretch, I think he just gets a lot of really annoying, repetitive, already-answered-in-the-FAQ e-mails as with so many retailers (G-Code definitely do based on their facebook posts the last few weeks).  I know for a fact I'd get annoyed having to deal with that sort of thing, I could never, ever work in customer services.

I think should you reach the point you're happy to shell out on an X300 you won't mind the cost of another holster.  Then again I haven't ever paid anything like full UK retail price for any Surefire light, doubt I ever would.  But either way I really love my TLR-1 and I think for airsofters it's an absolutely top notch choice for a pistol light, I can't think of anything I'd recommend above it if someone asked me.  It's highly robust, efficient, far brighter than equivalent clones, really easy to operate and it doesn't actually cost more than a quality pistol which is obviously a significant concern.  Slightly less gucci factor but value for money wise it is totally unbeatable in the pistol light world IMHO.

They do quality work, the guy in charge can sometimes... just be a tiny bit impatient.  Not a bad person by any stretch, I think he just gets a lot of really annoying, repetitive, already-answered-in-the-FAQ e-mails as with so many retailers (G-Code definitely do based on their facebook posts the last few weeks).  I know for a fact I'd get annoyed having to deal with that sort of thing, I could never, ever work in customer services.

I doubt I'll ask the fella many questions in honesty, obviously I'll ask him for a quote and if I like it he'll get my money, if not I'll go elsewhere!

Archived