TAG 40mm launchable grenades and more available for international players

ardrummer292

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tempting as it is, I can hardly take credit for the idea.  I'm not sure where or when I saw it mentioned (could've been at a game or just on youtube to be honest) but there's been 6-shot 40mm revolvers around for yeaaaaars.  Used to drool over the CAW model at various retailers in my early day, they cost a lot more than the ICS though.

OT:  Legality wise with these TAGs, don't know if I'm being crazy here but reading the rule it seems to imply that the Archangels and Reapers are fine, but the others actually aren't?

"any rocket launcher, or any mortar, for projecting a stabilised missile, other than a launcher or mortar designed for line-throwing or pyrotechnic purposes or as signalling apparatus"

The Peckers and Paladins are stabilised, but don't have a pyrotechnic purpose?  Very backwards I know, the non-flash/bang rounds should obviously have less restriction, but that's the way the law comes across to my mind.

Funnily enough, I was talking to 2 S5 holders and they were of the opinion that the Archangel was probably the only one that was an issue. The problem is that there is no clear definition as far as these particular items go and it would be down to you to defend yourself in court. Not something I reckon any of us would want to do.

You have to use some common sense - the letter of the law would imply that every kids' toy which fires a foam rocket is a deadly illegal weapon, which is clearly not the case. You have been able to buy various inert 40 mm projectiles for years, they'll be fine.

The timed Reaper rounds ought to be fine as far as I can tell, and various players on here have actually started to use them in games... it's the impact Archangels I'm least sure about; there's some fairly definite wording in that same law about impact (and airburst) detonated stuff not being allowed. Have any sites okayed them for use yet?

Here's the beginning.

14879268689_fdf6274575_b.jpg

Definitely need to order the MGL soon, I've just worked it up so much in my head now.  Anyone making decent plastic 40mm shower shells these days?  The pro-arms 'POM' set I got years back has proven to be really excellent but they don't seem to be in production.

Archived