For a while now I've been taking pictures of smaller items related to airsoft weapons that just didn't really fit in to any of the threads we currently have in this section, so I had a word with the admins and they're quite happy for this thread to go in to use.

The basic idea is to post anything that goes in or on a gun, provided of course you've taken a half decent picture of it, the idea is to try and avoid a thread full of unlit, indoor phone pictures of wiring or piston heads.  Things that airsofters spend a lot of time and money acquiring such as collections of magazines and other accessories, such as optics, magnifiers, weapon lights, magazine accessories, mounts, colourful/interesting looking internals or any other cool/artistic looking photos of items within that same sort of area.  All pictures posted must of course comply with the forum rules and they must not fit in to another thread i.e. pictures of complete guns or gear like pouches or rigs which would be better suited to the kit & loadouts sub-section.

I appreciate the 'criteria' on this is somewhat open but hopefully the general idea is relatively clear to everyone.  I'll get the ball rolling with some TM EBBr mid-caps sporting US Night Vision MagWraps in Kryptek Mandrake and OD Magpuls.  No plans on getting a rifle all done out in Mandrake the wraps just looked very interesting and since I was placing an order anyway with Patrol Base (who happened to have stock) I thought I'd give them a try.

IMG_1812_zps183f3f17.jpg

Here's a fairly old shot of a Specter 4x replica I picked up from UnCo some time back before I realised how damn top heavy these things make your gun.

P1020736.jpg

And a meme to finish off that just popped in to my head when my APL turned up.

a671c496-4ced-44ae-9661-606b65306ea4_zps

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither artsy nor dim but it highlights the magazine collection. It sucks - magazines are the lifeblood of a good shooting gun but, in the airsoft world, a proper amount costs as much as another good shooting gun! Took this a while ago for the Magpul thread but never put it anywhere.

ae1q.jpg

This poorly shows a growing QD collection. QD Surefire, QD RMR, and QD M203 are mounted.

ETA this probably doesnt fit the thread.

Im feeling inspired to do a few proper-like.

ETA Ive always been curious what a " youve acquired, dont use, and havent been bothered to sell" thread would look like. I have shipping boxes full of parts. Im sure thats nothing compared to some folks.

Edited by QDRenegade
  • 2 months later...

I've got some pics that fit here.  Here's an 870 grip I liked so much I bought a breacher shotgun to stick it on:

IMAG0361.jpg

Unity Tactical Fusion front sight/mount with DBAL and Scout, for night ops on a rail real estate challenged bullpup:  

IMG_20130430_112329.jpgIMG_20130430_112307.jpg

LA-5/PEQ, KAC can, and M720V from my never-finished block II:

1176.JPG

cqbr%2520rev%25201-3.JPG9242.JPG

Sweet looking work on the suppressor.  One of the Unity mounts has been on my shopping list for absolutely ages now, I'm surprised they're not much more widespread than they actually are.

Tried out my macro lens this morning on a couple of bits that arrived this week (before they get put on to guns).  How do the SAS and DELTA get to work in the morning?

IMG_1517_zps4cf02e96.jpg

IMG_1527_zps1e70e867.jpg

IMG_1535_zps01cb2d39.jpg

IMG_1504_zps411e8f36.jpg

I don't see these types of shots about very much but personally I really enjoy them, took about 60-70 photos today.  Something about seeing all the tiny details blown up so much larger on screen just looks cool to me personally, just a shame the forum seems to shrink them so much compared to the original (or maybe it's photobucket??).

Edited by CKinnerley

Would you adam n' eve it.. this whole time Photobucket's been automatically shrinking everything to 1024*768.  Clicked the box that says "display linked photos at original size" and now it's giving me img links that Arnies doesn't allow. >_<

Hmm... time to head to the testing sub-forum.

Edited by CKinnerley

ETA Ive always been curious what a "###### youve acquired, dont use, and havent been bothered to sell" thread would look like. I have shipping boxes full of parts. Im sure thats nothing compared to some folks.

I believe I have an entire mini drawer chest devoted to random *suitcase* that I have.

du u wana bai it all ? :P

Quite a while back I asked VZ about getting some bespoke grips done up with some livery related to my trade.  Just got the proof back for the different engraving options as well as a shot of the virgin grips.

11401183615_8c40825698_b.jpg

11401183465_1484af77eb_b.jpg

The grips look a bit zebra but that's just the lighting, the stripes will be more of a tan in person.  Apart from that I'm pretty excited to get the end results in my hands I have to say.

Sweet looking work on the suppressor.  One of the Unity mounts has been on my shopping list for absolutely ages now, I'm surprised they're not much more widespread than they actually are.

Thanks.  The fake DBAL didn't quite fit into the groove of the fake Fusion mounts without a little filing, and it's tricky finding the right screws (original mount screws were too short), but it's a very clever system.  I'm curious to see what Unity Tactical comes up with next.  

How well does it perform?

Pretty great, at least for airsoft--I've heard they don't handle recoil well so haven't tried it on a real firearm.   The red laser is one of the brightest I've seen, easily visible in daylight.  I don't currently have access to a laser meter but I doubt it's within class 1 "eye safe" limits.  The low power mode is pulsed.  The elevation and windage knobs have soft click detents, and adjust the beam very precisely.  The momentary and remote buttons have a logical on/off function when pressed for less than a second, and I was able to easily adapt a Night Evolution switch for use with the DBAL using a standard headphone plug.  I don't use NODs, so all I can say about the IR laser and illuminator is that they're functional.  

Edited by kojak