WE MSK Review

I pretty much agree with everything NonEx states. I picked up a black version, even though I ordered Tan.....oh well.

I don't think that WE has significantly raised their game on this product, and while nothing to do with the gun itself, the poor advertising and associated controversy of this guns existence (at least in the UK) has left me slightly cold.

I have no intention of skirmishing this rifle, so things like accuracy / gas economy are of little real importance. As a collection piece it's OK for the price. I will always give WE credit for making guns that other producers seem to avoid, I wish they would increase quality and accuracy of the replication, even if this takes the price per unit higher.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just wanted to let you guys know it is possible.   I still need to fabricate a recoil buffer like the one on the WE stock, but I did get it to fit.

P-Mags all the way, the alu shell gets bendt and warped over time and will flop around in the mag well, that will lead to mis feeds and broken nozzles, also problems with getting the bolt to lock back

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After a day of playing and about to empty my mags the gun stops and won't go into battery. I took it apart and found the loading nozzle spring broke on the nozzle side and coiled up behind the loading nozzle. Performed temporary fix by coiling the end to make a new loop.

From what I remember, Boobie on YouTube posted the same malfunction on his MSK, though his spring may have broke on the other end and was still able to operate the gun.

Alright, so I recently purchased a used WE MSK in Black here in the States. I love the rifle so far in the little amount of time that I have had it. Regrettably withing the first magazine or so my BB loading tip on the stock nozzle broke off. I purchased an aluminum nozzle with the NPAS already installed and threw it in as soon as it arrived. Cant comment on the effectiveness of the NPAS as I do not yet have a chrony. But on to other issues I am having that hopefully some others here may be able to help me with.

First off is the sluggish bolt return. Sometimes the bolt gets hung up on the BB in the magazine which I believe is the reason the stock nozzle broke. Either it gets hung on the BB or it gets stuck about 1/4 of an inch from the full forward (closed) position. I thought this either had to do with the finish on the bolt, or the bolt return spring being too weak to return the bolt, OR which is most likely the case, stiff feed lips on the brand new magazines.

My proposed solution to my first two problems were to sand down the bolt in areas I believed to be contact areas with finish (Yellow Arrows) on them as pictured below:

20140225_211741.jpg

Also seen in the picture above, pointed to by the red arrows, is another area where I think is an issue. The stock nozzle has a square around that hole in the nozzle to take up the space in the bolt to further minimize movement, where the RA-Tech does not. (Red Arrows)

Moving on I installed heat shrink to the bolt return guide, doubled up so that it gives the spring enough area to catch while still allowing the rod to fully move into and out of the bolt:

20140225_211756.jpg

Lastly, the aluminum nozzle comes with what I believe to be steel nozzle guides. The guide for the top of the nozzle is fine, where-as the guide for the left hand side was warped protruding above the surface of the bolt causing some interference as well. I tried simply to sand it down smooth as I was afraid removing too much material might cause the guide to break off during operation:

20140225_211937.jpg

The yellow lines are to emphasize the curve in the shape of the guide.

And that's my bit folks. The MSK cycles fine 95% of the time after having performed these slight mods. Whether they are for the best or are detrimental to the operation of the MSK I'll just have to wait and see how long it lasts.

My current mission is to fix the hop-up. Im unable to get any hop at all using a REAPs MG2 bucking using any weight. I know I must be doing something wrong somewhere because there is zero horizontal (left to right) stray, they just simply curve down after leaving the barrel. I want to adjust my NPAS to see if its being choked but the tool is stripped or something. I turned it once clockwise all the way down then that was it, no more adjustments for me apparently.

• Like 2

on my friends msk the inner barrel (hop rubber side) is shorter than the regular inner barrel for the m4 scar pdw etc.so a hop bucking made for marui pistols or more known as vsr type barrels wont work on the msk inner barrel.

The area that has the window cut out is shorter than typical?

The reason I changed buckings was because the stock bucking was protruding lop-sided into the barrel and nothing I did would fix it. So I swapped the nub and the bucking out.

Alright, so I recently purchased a used WE MSK in Black here in the States. I love the rifle so far in the little amount of time that I have had it. Regrettably withing the first magazine or so my BB loading tip on the stock nozzle broke off. I purchased an aluminum nozzle with the NPAS already installed and threw it in as soon as it arrived. Cant comment on the effectiveness of the NPAS as I do not yet have a chrony. But on to other issues I am having that hopefully some others here may be able to help me with.

First off is the sluggish bolt return. Sometimes the bolt gets hung up on the BB in the magazine which I believe is the reason the stock nozzle broke. Either it gets hung on the BB or it gets stuck about 1/4 of an inch from the full forward (closed) position. I thought this either had to do with the finish on the bolt, or the bolt return spring being too weak to return the bolt, OR which is most likely the case, stiff feed lips on the brand new magazines.

My proposed solution to my first two problems were to sand down the bolt in areas I believed to be contact areas with finish (Yellow Arrows) on them as pictured below:

20140225_211741.jpg

Also seen in the picture above, pointed to by the red arrows, is another area where I think is an issue. The stock nozzle has a square around that hole in the nozzle to take up the space in the bolt to further minimize movement, where the RA-Tech does not. (Red Arrows)

Moving on I installed heat shrink to the bolt return guide, doubled up so that it gives the spring enough area to catch while still allowing the rod to fully move into and out of the bolt:

20140225_211756.jpg

Lastly, the aluminum nozzle comes with what I believe to be steel nozzle guides. The guide for the top of the nozzle is fine, where-as the guide for the left hand side was warped protruding above the surface of the bolt causing some interference as well. I tried simply to sand it down smooth as I was afraid removing too much material might cause the guide to break off during operation:

20140225_211937.jpg

The yellow lines are to emphasize the curve in the shape of the guide.

And that's my bit folks. The MSK cycles fine 95% of the time after having performed these slight mods. Whether they are for the best or are detrimental to the operation of the MSK I'll just have to wait and see how long it lasts.

My current mission is to fix the hop-up. Im unable to get any hop at all using a REAPs MG2 bucking using any weight. I know I must be doing something wrong somewhere because there is zero horizontal (left to right) stray, they just simply curve down after leaving the barrel. I want to adjust my NPAS to see if its being choked but the tool is stripped or something. I turned it once clockwise all the way down then that was it, no more adjustments for me apparently.

So...also polish the top of the hammer to increase cycling.  The RAT nozzle will have jamming issues until you make it the same length as the stock nozzle.  Put them side by side and you will notice length difference.  At least this was the experience with the early RAT MSK nozzles...might be fixed now.

Seems some of us have got an MSK from a bad manufacturing batch...of which I am one...