WE MSK Review

Yeah sorry, forgot to mention that I also polished the top of the hammer, but the nozzle length is something Ill have to look into tonight. Would explain why it seemed the BB's are sitting WAY far forward in the hop packing and seem like they are getting stuck.. Might also explain why they are not getting hopped either.

Thanks a lot for the advice and help L2E, will look at it all tonight and report back with my findings.

• Like 1
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just wanted to let you guys know it is possible.   I still need to fabricate a recoil buffer like the one on the WE stock, but I did get it to fit.

P-Mags all the way, the alu shell gets bendt and warped over time and will flop around in the mag well, that will lead to mis feeds and broken nozzles, also problems with getting the bolt to lock back

Well, it appears the Ra-Tech nozzle is actually shorter than the stock nozzle. Now Im unsure of what the issue is with the hop-up. The BB's are getting out to about 30-40 ft and begin to curve downwards, and this is with a REAPS. I feel its something to do with the armature or something not meshing properly because Ive tried .20g's, .30's, .35's, and .40's and they all have the same flight pattern. This is with the NPAS full open or as close to full open as I can manage, maybe 90%. This would be a great rifle if I could actually get the distance Im supposed to be getting, but at this point Im being outranged by even rental m4's and such. i would like to chock it up to everything not being quite worn in yet, but at this point it should be so I dont know what is wrong?

• 4 weeks later...

The rear body pin will stand up to 2 weeks outside weather without any real ill effects... Mental note, it may be easier to access the hop with the body split (debatable) but having to play with a cable tie holding your brand spanking new gun together cause you dropped the pin onto a 2" deep wood chip flooring is not worth the hassle...

The pin does however show up on a metal detector...

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone had any problems with the Bolt catch? I've probably only gamed a couple of times with mine and it's decided it doesn't like locking back...

The part of the bolt catch that the magazine activator bit touches is such a piddlingly thin piece of metal that it just seems to have bent up, gave it a slight bend down and it worked again, but too many more times and it will snap off :-(

Yes, it stems from the M4 mag design, they have a really small arm that only moves a little bit, that drives the design of the ACR, and it is kinda puny, but contact you local WE dealer and ask them to keep a spare part ready then just bend it as needed.

I've already had word that WE don't have spares for that model in the country yet, it's such a puny little post compared to the m4 design too, I knew it was going to be a problem as soon as I saw it, just liked the rest the rest of the gun enough to make up for it!

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Used yesterday on my msk, loved it until about mid afternoon when it did this...

So we can say the msk is not exactly scope friendly :-P

The MSK has a really light recoil. I say that the scope was garbage from the start.

• Like 1

The reticle glass is held in place by a locating screw in ring with an 'o' ring to hold the glass in place, a little thread lock, gentle persuasion and all is right with the world :-p

The original post was a little tongue in cheek, but if I want this look I can't justify the cost of a real steel scope, anything designed for real steel available at a reasonable price in the UK just doesn't work looks wise for me...

• 5 months later...

Noticed a new bit of wear today, if anyone is having problems with the charging handle getting stuck halfway...

When the handle is released it slams forward into a section of the upper receiver and uses it like a stop, it slowly deforms and works inside to jam up the cooking linkage... 30 seconds with a dremel to flatten it off, small coat of grease and it's back to smooth as butter.

Worked flawlessly yesterday (in the cold and rain!).

MSK mags works great in SCAR's, the SCAR have a really bad problem with alu mags flopping around and feeding extra BB's, it's a mess and the fix is MSK mags, maybe your SCAR is fine with alu mags I have worked on about 5 SCAR's and they all had problems stemming from loose alu mags.