WE MSK Review

So after discussing with a friend he reckons the MSK PMags are different dimensions to the STANAGS (don't think he's seen one in person though) and that they might not fit "right" in the M4 magwell. Anyone got experience using them in the M4? Also I take it they're based off the V2 system?

Cheers.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just wanted to let you guys know it is possible.   I still need to fabricate a recoil buffer like the one on the WE stock, but I did get it to fit.

P-Mags all the way, the alu shell gets bendt and warped over time and will flop around in the mag well, that will lead to mis feeds and broken nozzles, also problems with getting the bolt to lock back

So after discussing with a friend he reckons the MSK PMags are different dimensions to the STANAGS (don't think he's seen one in person though) and that they might not fit "right" in the M4 magwell. Anyone got experience using them in the M4? Also I take it they're based off the V2 system?

Cheers.

Perhaps he was thinking of the 4168 model where those mags are an issue.

I have used WE M4 STANAG Gas Gen1 and CO2 mags in my WE M4 as well as WE PMAG style mags and RS PMAG shelled WE CO2 mags. All of them work. STANAG are a bit on the loose side but function well. WE PMAGs are tighter and function better. RS PMAG shelled CO2 mags are insanely tight :o

Can't remember if I tried WE STANAG M4 mags in my MSK when I had it or not.

All of the above drop free from my WE M4 though.

Of all the ones I have used WE PMAG Gen2 gas mags are my favorite in my M4. Look nice, easy to manage, good gas efficiency as well.

Edited by NonEx
  • 5 months later...

These are the ones I'm talking about, btw

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ready-fighter-power-control-kit-for-vfc-mp5-gbb.html

They fit the MSK beautifully, but not all WE GBB rifles. The AK, for example, won't work with these. The TM MP7 does, though.

I have an MSK with the cycling issue, but these flute valves are out of stock everywhere.  What would you recommend in their place?

If you just need the flute valve that goes inside the plastic nozzle, its the same one in every WE GBBR. So just get one for an m4 or an NPAS.

Unless I missed something and it uses a different one?

Worst case scenario if you've got some calipers to take measurements with, I can machine you an aluminum one for a few bucks.

I may have an extra laying around that I can try.  I figured there was such a widespread problem with erratic cycling that the nozzle design was suspect.  Hence trying something completely different I thought would be the better idea.  And I would really love to get it working right.

Edited by machgo